Annual Physical

DandyAndy

There's probably a wet spot on my pants.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
At my physical last year I told my doctor that the bedwetting that typically happened twice maybe three times a year increased to several times a month. We also discussed the urgency/frequency issues during the day. At that time he prescribed Oxybutnin and expressed empathy for the bedwetting.

I took the Oxybutnin for about 6 months before the dry mouth had me drinking so much water that it basically counteracted the medicine.

Today he basically told me that I should continue to manage with products, and if I wanted to he would refer to an urologist but he didn't have much hope that they would find a reason for it.

So basically diapers get to continue being my normal. Despite being a DL, I really was hoping he would have some recommendations/hope for fixing it. At least he is realistic and does not send me on an expensive wild goose chase knowing it will likely not make a difference.

Be glad your doctor is realistic and honest to you! I have different issues (combined dribble- and urge IC), but also my doc told me honestly that there are meds (and other treatment options) which could decrease (but not heal) my IC if I'm willing to accept the side effects. As I'm OK with wearing protection (with no side effects :) ) he fully agreed my opinion to leave it as is is for now and to keep the options simply in mind once I ever decide I'm not OK any more with wearing diapers...

Reactions: DandyAndy and Pino
Oxybutunin drove me cracy after four weeks, when i started to loose control of my bowels. All other Anticholinergika were problematic in some kind, most so dramatic i quit after some days. They worsened my Dysautonomia a lot.

But i discussed the instillation solution with my urologist, you put the Anticholinergika directly into the bladder with intermittent catheterization.
There are no side effects when doing it, once a day.

I could not do it, because this is not paid by the insurance, despite i do ISC all the time.
Perhaps it is an option for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: DandyAndy
I am glad that he is realistic. Big reason why I like him as my PCP. He doesn't refer me out just because.

I just have to figure out how to make this my 'new normal'. With time I am sure I will get there.

My issues started the same way, started wetting at night and got worse. Was referred to urologist and 2 years of testing and medication at the end of it they cant say why I lost all bladder control. My urologist prescribes me catheters (because insurance covers them) but knows I prefer diapers and asks which I have tried and worked or didn't so he can recommend products to others.

Reactions: DandyAndy
Back