• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Animal Crossing (City Folk/Let's Go to the City)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
So, I just got the game last week and have been playing a lot. Thing is, I've only got one friend to visit and frankly his town is getting a bit old. So, any AC players on here? It would be nice to have some new friends.

And oh, My town's full of peaches. So if you don't wanna play with me, at least send me some nice new fruit, would you? Not that there's anything wrong with peaches of course ;)

My friend code is: 1032-6085-7660
Name: Sei
Town: Farville

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I've got Wii Speak too if that makes anybody any happier.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'll keep this in mind whenever Gamefly sends it...I won't have the Wii Speak thing though...

IttyBit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I have it, and would love to play!
name: Corbin
Town: Yaoivill
FC: 2621-6716-5086
Lets set up a time when we can play.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I don't see how this game can be much different from the other two. They added, what, a city? They should have added more than that. It's just the same game with a few little additions. And I know one feature that would have made me almost forced to buy it.... the ability to create an animal character. It's called Animal Crossing and all the others are animals, so why can't you play as one too? They actually took out a feature too, didn't they? There aren't any NES games like in the first one. :(

Are there any other new features in this game that I don't know about? I would have been very happy to get this game if I actually felt that it had more major improvements. I was looking forward to it! Unfortunately, it just seems like it would be the same game all over again. I already bought the last two Animal Crossing games. I don't want to pay for practically the same game a third time! :wallbash: But.... I may get this someday when the price goes down, or if my friends start begging me to get it (though I think most of them feel the same way as me). I'm sure it would be a really great game for people who haven't played the others though.

Last edited:

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Pojo said:
I'll keep this in mind whenever Gamefly sends it...I won't have the Wii Speak thing though...
Sounds good. My town could use a cow. And if you don't have the Wii Speak an USB keyboard makes communicating pretty easy anyway.

I don't see how this game can be much different from the other two. They added, what, a town? They should have added more than that. It's just the same game with a few little additions. And I know one feature that would have made me almost forced to buy it.... the ability to create an animal character. It's called Animal Crossing and all the others are animals, so why can't you play as one too? They actually took out a feature too, didn't they? There aren't any NES games like in the first one. :(

Are there any other new features in this game that I don't know about? I would have been very happy to get this game if I actually felt that it had more major improvements. I was looking forward to it! Unfortunately, it just seems like it would be the same game all over again. I already bought the last two Animal Crossing games. I don't want to pay for practically the same game a third time! :wallbash: But.... I may get this someday when the price goes down, or if my friends start begging me to get it (though I think most of them feel the same way as me). I'm sure it would be a really great game for people who haven't played the others though.
From what I've heard there isn't a big difference between the DS version and the Wii version. So if you've already played that a lot it might be a good idea to skip this one. I haven't played any of the other games, so it's all fresh to me.

About the city; The IGN video review said that it was basically just stuff from the earlier games moved to one place. I honestly find the whole city thing a bit annoying and unnecessary.

Ill open my gates nao if you can come
Sorry. Going to bed now (12.54 AM here). I'll add you later though. Yaoivill sound just like my kind of place ;)

IttyBit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Ooo... Ill try to be awake at 3am my time (should be 9am? at your time) if thats okay...

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
So it really is just pretty much a port from DS to Wii. What a disappointment... but I guess it's an easy way for Nintendo to make money. I just hope that the next game has major improvements, though it could be a long time until it comes out (if they make one). :(

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Sounds good. My town could use a cow. And if you don't have the Wii Speak an USB keyboard makes communicating pretty easy anyway.
Let me just pull an extra one of those out of my ass :smile1:

There is a website for finding Animal Crossing friends and whatnot...Animalcrossingcommunity.com...I'm Pojocrossing on there :3

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
So, I got myself one of those fancy AC Community accounts. I'm s-e-i-z-e-t-s-u without the "-"s. My usual name for anything outside the *B/DL community.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Animal Crossing looks like a fun casual game, but WoW looks better plus its more fun. also the Whole wii Speak thing is stupid. Nintendo could just update the firmware and let use use headsets. But not only will they not do that, they make it to where the whole room can hear your conversation.

Also the lack of a hard drive or portable hard drive support just utterly proves to me Nintendo doesn't care much about its core fans anymore. I barely have any room left on on Wii's flash memory at all. Also I know I can put VC games on my SD cards, but its not about that its about having downloadable content for games such as Rock Band and not having to delete a song every time you want to play a new one from DLC.

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
I've got it, yup. I need to dig up my friendcode tomorrow afterschool, I'll edit with it.
<:
--Evan

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Animal Crossing looks like a fun casual game, but WoW looks better plus its more fun. also the Whole wii Speak thing is stupid. Nintendo could just update the firmware and let use use headsets. But not only will they not do that, they make it to where the whole room can hear your conversation.

Also the lack of a hard drive or portable hard drive support just utterly proves to me Nintendo doesn't care much about its core fans anymore. I barely have any room left on on Wii's flash memory at all. Also I know I can put VC games on my SD cards, but its not about that its about having downloadable content for games such as Rock Band and not having to delete a song every time you want to play a new one from DLC.
My two cents: Animal crossing is a casual game. It's not meant to be much else. Whereas WoW is. They're just not in the same category of games. I for one never really liked Wow, but I can see why a lot of people do.

The Wii Speak isn't bad in my opinion. It does a good job of canceling out the game sound and just transmitting the voices of the players. Also, you can use headphones for your TV if you don't want everybody hearing what you're talking about. However, it's kind of expensive. And yes, Nintendo really should give the option to use any USB headset.

I agree with you about the hard drive. I'd love to be able to plug my portable in, and it wouldn't take much effort from Nintendo to implement that function. I also think that the lack of DLC is one of he Wii's weaker points. I'd like to be able to download some new Mario Kart courses in the future.

Oh, and about Nintendo caring about their core fans; They most likely don't. At least not the people who run the company. They care about the money more than anything, like all big company executives. Shigeru Miyamoto and the other guys probably do care, but they're not everybody at Nintendo.

I've got it, yup. I need to dig up my friendcode tomorrow afterschool, I'll edit with it.
<:
--Evan
Please do. The more the merrier.

Also, new edit about my town. Planted some pears, oranges and cherries today if it tickles anybody's interest.

Role
Diaper Lover,
i have it
but i never play it, so i dont wanna give you my info and never be on when you wanna go to eachother's towns. -_-
if i start playing again i'll let you know

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Oh... I do have Brawl and Mario Kart.... as well as pokemon battle revoultion. ::sighs:: <_> that pokemon game is stupid, not nearly as fun as pokemon stadium.

D

daria7483

So what exactly is Animal Crossing? You just walk around a town and visit friends? It looked kind of boring on the commercial, honestly, and that's saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.