Angered by greed of sellers, makers and suppliers of AB Speciality Clothing and accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Personally, I refuse to pay the excessive prices that speciality AB clothing and accessories go for on the internet. These excessive, inflated prices, I feel, are largely due to the supply and demand created by AB/TB consumers and certainly by the opportunistic greed of sellers, makers and suppliers). I felt that this topic would be of interest to many ADISC members and deserves it's own thread.

What has been your experience? What do you think?

I've gotten to the point that I only acquire AB related items from non-AB related sources medical suppliers and other legitimate supplier/manufacturers.

For example, It kind of pisses me off that I can't contact the Nuk Company to buy (or have them refer me to a medical supply retailer that can sell me) 3 - 5 Nuk 5 pacifiers at a reasonable retail price. Just the idea of going on Ebay and paying $15-$25 plus another frigging $7.95 for shipping. for something I should pay about $5-$6 for torks me off.

The same with onesies, footed sleepers, rompers, buttoned crotch clothing. Most are far over-priced for the quality of item you are getting. Fricking $40+shipping for a onesie (basically an elongated t-shirt with crotch snaps - give me a break). I want a supplier to sell me 10 of these for $70-80+ actual shipping.

I demand high quality in my normal (non-AB) everyday clothing (I usually buy Columbia, Woolrich, Lees, Carhart, Dockers, Eddie Bauer, etc).

My latest thought for this dilemma? I have purchased two quality sewing machines and am going to try to learn to sew (I use every other power tool in building and remodeling, so why not).

Only then do i believe I'll get the approbate value for my $$$.

So.... Let's give this topic a go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hex
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
it's a rip off...maybee someone here should create a company and sell for normal prices

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I think the reason why AB clothes cost so much is one, they are hand made so they are charging for the time they took to make it and plus the supplies they used to make it, two, the bids can go high on them because that is how much people want it.

I do notice how expensive AB furniture is and the big Nuk nipple. It's actually made for kids with cleft lips and the size 5 NUK pacifier is a sucking therapy thing. I got them both on ebay. I would recommend don't bother getting the nipple because then you suck on it, it gets stuck together and you have to take the nipple off to pop it back to it's normal size. It's hard to explain. I would just stick with the regular nipples that stay the same where I don't have to take it off just to pop them back up again.

One thing I find a true rip off is printed diapers. I mean you can make your own. Just get diapers and buy some wrapping paper or go to a party supply store and buy some printed tape and put it on the front of your diapers. With wrapping paper, just cut it and buy some bank mailing tape and tape the cutted wrapping paper on the front of the diapers. So don't buy them on ebay where they over charge you for a few diapers.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
You also have to keep in mind, it takes a hell of a lot more work to create a custom sleeper for an AB than it does for target to create it.

You have to buy the material and zipper or snaps or whatever else, not to mention a lot of the time parts of things are hand sewn, because a machine can't always do the job.

These people take time, and yeah sure they over price somethings, but they have a market.

If you don't like it, make it yourself.

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I do agree with some of your comments my grandma is making clothes and blanket for living . I will say it a lot a time use Swen machine and hand Swen, but she will not charge anywhere near price some of this AB clothes maker will .

The high price sees her go for blanket or clothes is maybe $30, and never I see some of this AB clothes maker want 55 for one baby onizese or 100 for baby jean pants. I even don't agree with ab furniture maker 800 for one crib grandpa could make for 200 or 300 dollars
most with oak or pine and stain and paint included.

So agree charging for time make swening but not price way to high normal seamtris or carpenter would not charge those prices.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
That's another thing people could do.

Look around your city, visit things like craigs list or what not where people post ads. There was one lady in my city that said she could make custom clothes, I asked her about footed pajamas at one point, and she said it was possible. Then, things are made custom to YOU, and it doesn't have the high ABDL price or shipping other things do.

Reactions: Hex

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I think we need to boycott the ABDL market the online shop charge so much AB clothes or furniture on tell lower price reasonable cost .

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
The prices are ridiculous, but what can we really do about it? I don't think anything can change it. I dislike it, but they have a small market, so they have to charge a lot to make some money. :frown:

Jumpin Jammerz offers some somewhat cheap footed sleepers, but not the really cute ones. :frown:

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Hmmm... Well I got my footed sleeper for $13 from Target.
But I'm just lucky I am tiny like that. The only clothes I would be willing to order because I want it would be a onesie. But, If you know where to look you ca find cheap ones. I have found one for $25 . Though I don't know how reliable the site was...

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Well, I am a sewer, and make ab stuff, mostly blankets. And the reason why prices are so darn high is because cost of supplies, labor, and shipping. So in the end, if they lowered the prices, they wouldn't be getting any profit out of it. If you don't like the high prices for anything, make it yourself.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I am going to learn how to sew. I am hoping I can make my own cloth diapers someday.

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Only think ABDL community can do about a boycott ABDL market not bought anything from them just medical other place gets not ABDL shop . I bet when start to lose customer and money that will change their ways.

I'm sorry say diaperbabygirl but say that way make AB clothes it because fabric,supplies,labor, and ship you wrong my family Owen there A Swen business and wood working business don't charge high cost . We we have had a same price cent start making stuff only time goes higher if cost fabric or wood go up and it so maybe 5 or 10 dollars more .

What is for ABDL market is supple and demand simple as that we need product so all think that can charge ABDL community what you like than that should charge what take to makes not what you please.

Last edited:

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
pfff, 25 bucks for a Nuk 5 is worth it I think. :p

As for sleepers, buy them from jumpinjammerz.

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If everyone boycotted, which is quite unlikely, then some of those vendors wouldn't be making the products at all because they couldn't justify losing money from it, and then where would you be? We should all be glad that there are people making products that others want to buy. If it costs too much, then no one will buy them, and the price either comes down, or the product doesn't get produced because it's more costly than people are willing to pay.

The best balance of prices is supply and demand. Higher prices due to high demand are a signal that more supply needs to be created, which eventually brings down the price. Lower prices due to low demand are a signal that less supply needs to be created, which tends to bring the prices back up to an acceptable level for the producer and the consumer. Basic economics is elegant in its simplicity.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I'm sorry say diaperbabygirl but say that way make AB clothes it because fabric,supplies,labor, and ship you wrong my family Owen there A Swen business and wood working business don't charge high cost . We we have had a same price cent start making stuff only time goes higher if cost fabric or wood go up and it so maybe 5 or 10 dollars more .

Well, some people need to make a profit off of it, otherwise they would be spending their own money, and never getting anything back. Don't say I'm wrong, because I have to make a profit, maybe your family doesn't, but I have to, because I don't like spending my money on others, and then just getting the same amount back. What would that amount to? You know what I'm saying? Your family has to make a profit too, maybe they don't charge as much for profit as others, and that's why.

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
You tell me cost this AB clothes maker 46.19 to make this one Blue Long Sleeve Adult Onesie below. Furthermore, don't tell it cost fleece, we buy all time fleece not too much maybe add to 3 or 4 dollars yard and would also say took maybe 2 to 3 days to make.

466e.jpg

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
Some of you actually think everyone is just going to go out and learn how to make this stuff themselves? That's a good one! :laugh: Nah really, I think that's just some kind of retort. No offense though, but that's just how it seems. "HAH, Well if you don't like it, then do it yourself!" Either way, only few people will actually do that.

A boycott would be bad. The prices are ridiculous, but it wouldn't be fair. Most suppliers wouldn't be making enough money if they lowered prices too much. They have a small customer base. It's different when some huge company is doing the same thing though. They have a huge customer base, and so they're just ripping people off.

Basically, it's a no-win situation. Low prices aren't fair to the supplier, but high prices aren't fair to the customers. :frown:

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
diaperbabygirll different in make little profit try to make larger profit what product cost if was 5 or 10 dollar profit fine but talk like some this AB clothes makers may be 20 or 30 dollar profit it is wrong.

Look at my family does not have large business, we just keep price at how is supplies and cost labor add, and we have same amount people buy from a stop use excuse for AB clothes makers.

We sell are stuff fle marker other small events and still make money keep price reasable.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
You tell me cost this AB clothes maker 46.19 to make this one Blue Long Sleeve Adult Onesie below. Furthermore, don't tell it cost fleece, we buy all time fleece not too much maybe add to 3 or 4 dollars yard and would also say took maybe 2 to 3 days to make.

466e.jpg

Fleece ranges in price, depending on where it was purchased. I buy mine sometimes online for $4.99 a yard. But other places I go to the prices are $15.99 per yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.