• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Angela Bauer's Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Wow, I go to sleep for a few hours and get so many nice welcoming messages. Thank all of you.

Calico, of course I did recognize you. As I told you elsewhere "Benny & Joon" is one of my favorite movies.

Wild Thing, you are very sweet.

Diamdiamsen, this is a warm and well organized group. The posts I have had time to read are so well thought-out and written. This proves that a need for diapers for whatever reason does not render people ignorant.

I don't remember. I read too many posts. After reading your story, now I'm wondering if he had chatted on yahoo in the early 2000's and you had a picture of you standing with another lady which is your sister I assume. I don't remember the yahoo ID sadly.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Continuing thanks everyone for the welcomes.

I promise to be a responsible member here.

Calico, it is entirely possible we did exchange e-mail at any time after 1998, although had I known you were not an adult I would have been very circumspect what I wrote. There are no pictures of my younger sister Missy on-line in connection to incontinence or AB. She has never discussed any of this on-line, on in face-to-face support groups in the Los Angeles, CA region.

No AB pictures of me with anyone else were ever posted with my permission. Some have been taken at AB events with the understanding none will be shared or given away. So far nobody has reported such a photo. Perhaps you mean a picture of me standing next to a highchair feeding my rag doll DebDeb?

That is contained in my photo galleries on two ABDL sites not available to people under 18. Message me if you want the information.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I was 17 or 18. 18 is an adult.

No I meant I saw a picture of a lady standing with another lady. I never saw a pic you just described.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Welcome to the site Angela, and yes, I remember Angela Davis. During the late 60's, I was a member of UNDO, and my wife met with SDS of all people! Little did you know this site was so radicle..haha. Great intro, by the way.

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Hi and welcome!

It's always nice to see more genuine ladies around these parts!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Don Davis?

As in the actor from SG-1? Or the composer of the Matrix soundtrack?

Probably neither... just a coincidence.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Interesting question, Darkfin.

The character Donald Sinclair Davis was born 4 August 1942. During a distinguished life he appeared in many movies and TV series. He also taught acting in Canada, although he was born in the USA. Sadly he passed away on 29 June 2008.

The great actor was 10 years younger than my husband Donald Charles Davis, yet since 1989 they were often mistaken for the other. I have attached a picture of the actor from SG-1 and another of my Don reading to me.

By coincidence my Don was a producer of the ABC TV series "Twin Peaks" starting when they filmed the pilot neat Seattle, Washington in early 1989. Friends of our who also work on that pilot tell me when the actor walked into the audition room and saw my Don seated next to Davis Lynch, the actor did a double-take and Lynch did not even ask DS to read. Immediately DSD was cast as Major Garland Briggs a character who recurred until the series ended in June 2001.

That was a month after I started dating my Don. To bring closure to the Twin Peaks fans a large viewing party was organized close to the Los Angeles studio where most episodes were filmed. Several of the cast participated, but DSD was appearing in a play that week up in Vancouver, BC. As my Don had done for some of those fan parties he wore an Air Force col uniform and walked through the party arm-in-arm with the actress Charlotte Stewart, who played "Betty Briggs" on the series. Even a few of the cast were confused because they knew the real DSD was doing the play. I was introduced to the cast who attended.

In 2003 my Don and I had to fly to Vancouver because he was producing another TV movie. We had a delightful dinner at a super restaurant with DSD and his wife. Sorry I forget her name.

Last year when DSD passed away we received several notes and messages of condolence, apparently the confusion continued. I have never met the composer. My Don had done so before the actor was well known because the composer did some music for Disney while my Don was an executive there.

It's A Small World, After All. (Sorry Richard Sherman wrote that song)

Don Davis?

As in the actor from SG-1? Or the composer of the Matrix soundtrack?

Probably neither... just a coincidence.

Sorry when my message about so many Don Davis' came up, I did not see the photos I mentioned, so here I will try again. Apparently I forgot to click Upload at the right time.

Attachments

• a226#21.jpg
    a226#21.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 828
  • DS Davis SG 1.jpg
    DS Davis SG 1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 355
Last edited by a moderator:

Eclectic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Angela,
As I'm sure other old timers do, I remember you from DPF back in the early 1990's. Welcome aboard. Your introduction was excellent. I have had bladder and bowel incontinence all my life. Essentially, my nerves are all screwy. Unfortunately, while growing up I did not have understanding parents and so I struggled with wearing diapers for a long time. Prior to the internet, groups like DPF and people like you definitely helped me accept myself and my need to wear protection. Today, it's not such a big deal and diapers have been my primary underwear for many years now.
Spaz

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Darling Spaz, I remember exchanging snail-mail with you not so long after I joined DPF. I first was in the last Newsletter of 1990. Those were the days when we used envelopes and stamps. I had a reconditioned IBM Model 65 electric correcting memory typewriter that I bought when my law firm phased them out. I had started as a law typist on even older IMB Executive electric typewriters and later Selectrics.

Spaz, unless I have you confused with another super good looking Florida man, you provided me with a lot of tips about getting more from all this, supporting my theory it is pointless to hate diapers when incontinent. You are so brave about being totally incontinent, it always made me ashamed when I got fed up with my own constand diapers.

Last night, after I figured out how to attach photos, I went back to my intro and edited it to add 2. Since I am answering Spaz, who might even still have 4x6 color copies of these, I am attaching those here. The informal portrait was one from the first roll Don Davis ever took of me the day after we met and this remains my all-time favorite picture. I wore the cowgirl dress on The Montel Williams Show taped 10 Feb 1992 and broadcast 23 Feb 1992. Enjoy!

Angela

Angela,
As I'm sure other old timers do, I remember you from DPF back in the early 1990's. Welcome aboard. Your introduction was excellent. I have had bladder and bowel incontinence all my life. Essentially, my nerves are all screwy. Unfortunately, while growing up I did not have understanding parents and so I struggled with wearing diapers for a long time. Prior to the internet, groups like DPF and people like you definitely helped me accept myself and my need to wear protection. Today, it's not such a big deal and diapers have been my primary underwear for many years now.
Spaz

Attachments

• a201#07.JPG
    a201#07.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 3,537
  • a217#30.jpg
    a217#30.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,541

dprdinky

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Welcome Angela. It's so good to see you here. Of all the AB's I've known over the years, you are one that has really has made an impact for all of us. Thanks for being here for us.

incontinent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hello, and welcome. It seems as though you're dealing with your incontinence very well. Mine still gets me down alot. I have tried some of the baby stuff, drinking formula from a bottle, and sucking a pacifier, etc. These seem to help somewhat. Anyway, enough about that for now. I think it's great that you deal with it so well. Maybe I can get some advice on coping from you and or others. Welcome again!

Status
Not open for further replies.