And Last But Not Least...The Blankie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Been having a fun week enjoying the baby diapers and baby bottle. :smile: The other baby item I finally got to use is my brand new blankie purchased a few months back online from an Alaskan company that specializes in baby blankets. It's made of polar fleece with a winter scene of penguins and snowflakes with white satin edging. Couldn't believe how soft, warm, cozy, and comfy it feels. No wonder they use polar fleece for baby covers. Naturally, it's too small to completely cover me, so I cover myself from the waist up with it and then pull the sheet over me. Wish I still had my original baby blanket, but I really enjoy having and using this one. Does anyone get to regularly sleep with their blankie?

~Pramrider

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I've slept with mine every day for nearly a year since I took it out of retirement (before that I slept without until age 12). Mine is a baby sleeping bag from when I was born. It used to have rainbows and cats on it, but that is worn off. It's still incredibly soft and I bunch it into a ball and snuggle with it like a plushie :)

Last edited:

eddy200

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I hava a charlie brown blanket that I sleep with every night, I love it. It was from when i was little, I think I used it between ages 4-10 maybe. Its not really a baby blanket, but it is definitly a kids blanket and I have a special connection with it. I was so happy when I found it about a year ago.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
LuvsGurl has made several blankies for us. Currently we have a blue/white striped square one that we use for the couch.

She is working on a black/navy/purple hooded blankie-cloak for me. It's gonna be super cool!

baby jester

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
well, when Lizzie sent me a "care package" she included her baby blanket. since then my parents confiscated it, then I stole it back and now I guess they don't really care. I sleep with it every night, sometimes I use it to cover myself and I just pull the sheets over my legs (if I'm not wearing sweat pants). I try not to taunt my paents about it so every morning when I get up I put it behind my bed. I miss my old blanky, although I like Lizzie's way more.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I've slept with my blankie every night since April. I only discovered it in April, a few days after I joined ADISC. It's not really comfy, but it brings back feelings from the past. :)

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Aww, I don't really have a blanket. Well, I do, but it isn't really a baby one. It is meant to cover my entire single bed, and while it is fleecy and very soft and nice to cuddle with it just doesn't feel ... for the want of a better word it doesn't feel right. Since I got my plushies back I must admit I prefer cuddling them, though I would LOVE to get a baby blanket, as opposed to what I have at the moment.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I don't use mine that much but I do like to cuddle with it every now and then. I also have a sleeping bag that I love it was given to me on my 10th birthday by a very good friend of mine and I selp with that from 10 to just a few mounths ago, I stopped using it because it was starting to rip so I stopped so I could proserve it.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
I cannot sleep without my blankie. I need it to sleep. I have never slept without it. I love mine, even though it is old.

WildThing121675

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Our temperature has been in the 80's, so just the sheet recently. But when the temp goes down, I have a comforter that I like. I think I will stick with that.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
i still have my original baby blankies (i have 2) from when i was a baby, and i've slept with them every day sence i was a baby too. i use them as pillowes because they're more comfortable than real pillows, but ocasionally i'll cuddle with them because they're so comfy!

Altric

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I don't have a blankie. However, I do have an old sleeping bag that my grandmother gave me when I was 3. It doesn't zip anymore, so it is now just a blanket that stays on my bed. And of course I also have my Buzzy (teddy).

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have my blankie, and I always sleep with it. I don't really need to, but it's there, so why not?

Role
Incontinent, Other
I have a blankie! Well, I have lots of blankies, but I have one really special one, I call it my Dady Bankie, cause my Dady got it for me in March 2007. It's pink with dark pink leopard spots, and it's soooooo soft. I can't sleep without it, and it usually ends up under my head each night.

~ moogle

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I have a baby blanket (V2, my first one wore out by the time I became 4) I've Always slept with it, I think I've missed 2 nights of my whole life. Sadly where they make my Blanky doesn't exist anymore and they hadn't been making the blanket I used for a while now. I'm dreading the day I have to stop sleeping with my Blanky to keep it in one piece. And some days are coming up that I'll be unable to sleep with it again but I guess I'll just have to get over that.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I have a baby blanket (V2, my first one wore out by the time I became 4) I've Always slept with it, I think I've missed 2 nights of my whole life. Sadly where they make my Blanky doesn't exist anymore and they hadn't been making the blanket I used for a while now. I'm dreading the day I have to stop sleeping with my Blanky to keep it in one piece. And some days are coming up that I'll be unable to sleep with it again but I guess I'll just have to get over that.
Martin, your post reminded me so much of my own children and their blankets.

Once walking, my daughter carried hers just about everywhere in the house and used to rub the satin edging to relax and go to sleep. Hers was pretty well worn by the time she was 4 or 5. Her grandmom cut the unsalvageable part off and added a new satin edge. That preserved it for a few more years. Eventually, her blanket looked like a rectangular tangle of threads from continued use while sleeping. She still has it, however, even at 23 years old, and won't think of parting with it. She sealed it up in a clear plastic bag and put it away. Worn as it is, it's still her "wawa" or "lovee" as she called it as a young child and she still loves it.

My son wasn't as *hard* on his blanket. It's still worn thin in spots and needed repairing by grandmom, but it still resembles a blanket much more than his sister's. At 19, he still has his folded up in a dresser drawer. It's also a precious keepsake from his childhood to him and he'd never part with it, either.

So three out of the four of us now have baby blankets, or parts thereof.:D My wife doesn't have hers, but she still has her Betsy Wetsy doll from the late 1950's when she received it from her mom and dad as a little girl. The doll means as much to her as the blankets do to our two children. Guess the little child is still alive and well in all of us.:smile:

~Pramrider

RubixFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, , Carer
*Used to sleep with and carry around a blanket when he was 2* I don't have one anymore though. I do carry around my plushy if that counts.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Pram, glad I managed to bring back memories for you. At least for me those moments are great.

I actually suddenly remember due to that something I did with mine: I always loved my Blanky being warm so when I was around 8 (I still toke my Blanky downstairs in the morning to watch TV at that age) I started putting it over a halogen lite we had as I quite quickly found out that would make it warm. I think you can see it coming now, what I didn't notice is that it'd burn, and that's exactly what it did. so my mom cut out a little bit from my old Blanky that was still lying around stored somewhere and sewed it in the place where the burn was.

I'd also chew on my first Blanky, when I got my second one my mom gave me a rag to chew on instead. Resulting in this one lasting way longer (together with not washing this one nearly as often as that also killed my first Blanky (which needed so much washing of course due to the amount of chewing))

Thanks for bringing up these memories, while at the time (the burning incident) awful I can actually laugh about it now.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Maybe the burning was a blessing in disguise! Because of it, part of your original blanky still survives as a repair patch on the replacement blanky.:smile:

~Pramrider

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Ehh, it's not some rediculously small blanket, but it's decent size -- a bit smaller than it would take to fit a Twin-sized mattress. It's one of those things that you just can't get to sleep thinking about not having next or around you :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.