• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

An Introduction

SherriLil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi, folks; I thought that I would have a look over here after seeing frequent mentions of this site in other venues. I'm living a fairly sedate life as a consultant; my interests include my family, our pets, brewing beer, tasting Scotch, playing around with anything motorized (but not after drinking...), aviation, tools, and martial arts. I also happen to be a DL with a bit of an AB side, and I've been wearing 24/7 for about 3.5 years now, which has been an interesting experiment.

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to getting to know the site, and its members, better.

Reactions: seulementmoi, warmfeeling, KindaOlde and 4 others

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Welcome @SherriLil! Glad to have you aboard. I'd love to try making beer. My brother-in-law's offered to show me the ropes. He makes a great IPA. I like my beer as hoppy as possible--which has nothing to do with the bunny thing, I swear!

There are a few other aviators and avation fans here. I live on a beach, so it's boats for me, at least during the warmer months. Although we haven't had any so far, it's winter storm season in northwest Washington. My boat's been out of the water and under cover since September.

I'd be more AB if my "little" time wasn't also my workday, heh. I work from home while the rest of the family is out, so that's when the diapers come out. My wife's accepting, but we have teenage kids, so being completely "out" at home isn't really an option. And when a Skype call comes in, I have to spit out my pacifier. Life could definitely be harder, though.

I hope you find the forums fun and helpful!

Last edited:
Reactions: chamberpot and SherriLil

SherriLil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Cottontail said:
I'd be more AB if my "little" time wasn't also my workday, heh. I work from home while the rest of the family is out, so that's when the diapers come out. My wife's accepting, but we have teenage kids, so being completely "out" at home isn't really an option. And when a Skype call comes in, I have to spit out my pacifier. Life could definitely be harder, though.
Thanks, @Cottontail! I like my beer hoppy as well. My favourite thing to make is a good strong double IPA. Your life sounds a bit like mine; I work from home 90% of the time, and when I'm in my office, I'm usually wearing just a golf shirt (to look decent in Zoom meetings), and a diaper, with emergency pants on a chair by the door. My wife puts up with it, but she's not enthusiastic. I often have a pacifier next to my keyboard as well, and I sleep with one every night. I also have teenaged kids, so, very similar to you, I'm not living a "complete ABDL life", but, I indulge where I can.

Reactions: Cottontail

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
SherriLil said:
Thanks, @Cottontail! I like my beer hoppy as well. My favourite thing to make is a good strong double IPA. Your life sounds a bit like mine; I work from home 90% of the time, and when I'm in my office, I'm usually wearing just a golf shirt (to look decent in Zoom meetings), and a diaper, with emergency pants on a chair by the door. My wife puts up with it, but she's not enthusiastic. I often have a pacifier next to my keyboard as well, and I sleep with one every night. I also have teenaged kids, so, very similar to you, I'm not living a "complete ABDL life", but, I indulge where I can.
The balance is probably good. Or that's what I tell myself. I'll sometimes go onesie-only in my home office, and my onesies are boring, meeting-appropriate adult colors. I'd love a cute printed one, but I don't know when I'd wear it. And yeah, pants on standby in case somebody physically drops in unannounced, though that's mercifully rare.

Hope to hear more from you around the forums. :)

Reactions: SherriLil

SherriLil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Cottontail said:
and my onesies are boring,
Same here. I have about a dozen black ones that look like t-shirts; I wear one whenever I go out of the house basically. I'd love to have some cute ones but I haven't been able to bring myself to wear anything like that in front of my wife. I have one pink one... still in the bag. Printed diapers and plastic pants are about as far as I go into AB in front of her. And the pacifiers. But then again, black onesies are very practical. I do have one set of onesie pajamas that my wife actually bought me, which knocked my socks off. They're grey, but I still like 'em.
Cottontail said:
The balance is probably good.
I have to agree with this, too. If I told everyone we know that I wear diapers and I started dressing "little" all the time, that might be giving "this" a little too much space in my life. And it already takes up a lot of space in my basement. But I will say this - being open about it with my wife has, I believe, improved our relationship, because I used to plan reasons to be away from my family, or send them on trips so I could have the house to myself, to get some "diaper time", whereas now, I don't do that - we go on vacations together and I don't extend business trips just to get an extra couple of nights away. And instead of sneaking off to my office in the evenings, I watch TV with my wife, often in just a diaper (if the kids have gone to their quarters for the night or are away), and she appreciates the together time, so we both win.

Reactions: Cottontail

Lumos

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Hello and welcome aboard!

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
SherriLil said:
But I will say this - being open about it with my wife has, I believe, improved our relationship, because I used to plan reasons to be away from my family, or send them on trips so I could have the house to myself, to get some "diaper time", whereas now, I don't do that - we go on vacations together and I don't extend business trips just to get an extra couple of nights away. And instead of sneaking off to my office in the evenings, I watch TV with my wife, often in just a diaper (if the kids have gone to their quarters for the night or are away), and she appreciates the together time, so we both win.
I've been married for 24 years. Wife's known about the diapers for 12. I don't recommend keeping secrets from one's spouse, but if I had it to do all this again... I'm not sure anything would change, to be perfectly honest. When I met my wife, I was in a very different place as far as self-acceptance goes. This stuff had been my Big Secret since I was little, and keeping it was totally automatic. So yeah, those family outings that didn't involve me, or outings that involved only me, ... They had a certain silver lining. ;) And then, one day, I did a half-assed job of re-stashing some of my cloth diapers after washing them, and the secret was out. Wife was moderately annoyed that I would keep something like that from her, but she was ultimately sympathetic. Haven't gotten any "little" gifts from her yet, though. Perhaps when the kids are off to college, she'll embrace it a bit more. If she doesn't, I certainly didn't go in with that expectation.

Last edited:

warmfeeling

I love wearing nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
SherriLil said:
Hi, folks; I thought that I would have a look over here after seeing frequent mentions of this site in other venues. I'm living a fairly sedate life as a consultant; my interests include my family, our pets, brewing beer, tasting Scotch, playing around with anything motorized (but not after drinking...), aviation, tools, and martial arts. I also happen to be a DL with a bit of an AB side, and I've been wearing 24/7 for about 3.5 years now, which has been an interesting experiment.

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to getting to know the site, and its members, better.
Hello and welcome

Kittyinpink

Asexual, pre - op transgender woman
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Hello and welcome! 😊

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Welcome @SherriLil. Thanks for the thorough bio. Looking forward to your participation here.

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hello and welcome SherriLil, that is a very nice introduction.😊

SherriLil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Cottontail said:
I've been married for 24 years. Wife's known about the diapers for 12. I don't recommend keeping secrets from one's spouse, but if I had it to do all this again... I'm not sure anything would change, to be perfectly honest. When I met my wife, I was in a very different place as far as self-acceptance goes. This stuff had been my Big Secret since I was little, and keeping it was totally automatic.
I 100% understand and identify with this. Without going into a miles-long autobiography here, I now realize I was a DL as a very young child - I was fascinated with diapers and wearing diapers, and people who wore diapers, even back at the edge of my earliest memories. Once I outgrew having "legitimate" access to diapers (I was a bedwetter as a kid), I started making my own, which culminated in my step-dad finding my stash when I was 13, and yelling at me about it in front of my family. After that, I didn't look at, or think about diapers for 20 years. In the meantime, I met my wife and we had kids. So, I didn't feel like I was keeping anything from her at the time - I thought that "this" part of me was dead and buried. But it clawed its way out of the grave in time, as, I've since learned, often happens among "us".

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Cottontail

leafgoalie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
Welcome to the community!

Reactions: Jorelaxed

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
SherriLil said:
I 100% understand and identify with this. Without going into a miles-long autobiography here, I now realize I was a DL as a very young child - I was fascinated with diapers and wearing diapers, and people who wore diapers, even back at the edge of my earliest memories. Once I outgrew having "legitimate" access to diapers (I was a bedwetter as a kid), I started making my own, which culminated in my step-dad finding my stash when I was 13, and yelling at me about it in front of my family. After that, I didn't look at, or think about diapers for 20 years. In the meantime, I met my wife and we had kids. So, I didn't feel like I was keeping anything from her at the time - I thought that "this" part of me was dead and buried. But it clawed its way out of the grave in time, as, I've since learned, often happens among "us".
I wasn't a bedwetter, but a conspiracy of circumstances resulted in my having easy access to cloth diapers throughout my youth, so I indulged constantly. I also managed to spend a lot of my allowance money on Pampers. I can remember thinking about the stuff my friends were buying with their allowances and reflecting on what a weirdo I obviously was. My parents were a couple of easygoing former hippies for the most part, and when Mom caught me wearing literally nothing but a diaper, she (apparently) decided that my obvious embarrassment was punishment enough, and left me alone about it. I'm very grateful for that.

If there was a time in my life where I thought my ABDL might be in "remission" (I no longer view it as a negative thing, but I certainly did at the time), it was when my own kids were in diapers--which amuses me in hindsight, because while my wife was pregnant with our oldest, I was worried that having to change a baby's diapers all day would send me into an uncontrollable binge. Instead the exact opposite happened, and I rarely wore diapers during the six years between the birth of our oldest and the potty training of our youngest. I never felt as though the desires were dead, but they'd nap for weeks at a time. :)

It does seem as though the transition from youth to adulthood often temporarily banishes this stuff. New freedoms and responsibilities can be quite distracting--in a mostly good way, of course. Or hopefully!

Outdoorlife

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Welcome, are you all grain or extract brewing? I am a big fan of home brewing. Also, great to hear your wife continues to support. I am on the fence of telling mine more but don’t want to scare her off.

Reactions: SherriLil and Jorelaxed

SherriLil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Cottontail said:
Instead the exact opposite happened, and I rarely wore diapers during the six years between the birth of our oldest and the potty training of our youngest.
This was exactly the case for me as well. I was still in my 20+ year hiatus at the time my kids were young, but, once I started buying diapers every week with the groceries, I did have a twinge of concern about it reigniting a fire that what was, for me at the time, mostly a really bad memory. However, as you said, there is a firewall between your daily responsibilities, and your "extracurricular" interests, and that chapter didn't set me back on this course. Ironically, it was my mom that sort of pushed me back toward "this", when, maybe 10 years ago now, she was flipping through an old photo album one day, and she showed me a picture of myself in a diaper in front of the Christmas tree when I was about 6. At that point, it all came "flooding back" (if you'll excuse the pun).

I've been at the opposite end of that spectrum recently with my one of my parents facing an illness, and being (temporarily) in diapers, and that was of ZERO fascination, obviously. I just wanted it to be over. However, I wore diapers the whole time that dealt with it, which I think is evidence of a stability and maturation of where I stand with myself on "this". There was a time when I would have probably overreacted, had a boil-over in my well of inner shame, and probably locked my stash away and tried not to think about it.

SherriLil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Outdoorlife said:
Welcome, are you all grain or extract brewing? I am a big fan of home brewing. Also, great to hear your wife continues to support. I am on the fence of telling mine more but don’t want to scare her off.
I brew all-grain. The guys who taught me how to brew were doing it, so that's all I know, although I have some friends who get good results with extract brewing.

Telling my wife was like standing on the wing of an airplane without a parachute. I could have easily toppled off, and I would have had no recourse. It was very scary. My wife is very vanilla, and there was no inkling of this interest within our relationship of 25 years. I had to hope that she'd see value in the rest of who I am, and that that would outweigh her potential disgust or concern about the fact that I wanted to wear toddler's underwear all the time, everywhere. It was a very high-anxiety moment, and it could have gone completely the other way, and right now I'd be typing this in the van I live in, using wifi from the donut shop I'm parked in front of. But it didn't go that way, thankfully!

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
SherriLil said:
I brew all-grain. The guys who taught me how to brew were doing it, so that's all I know, although I have some friends who get good results with extract brewing.

Telling my wife was like standing on the wing of an airplane without a parachute. I could have easily toppled off, and I would have had no recourse. It was very scary. My wife is very vanilla, and there was no inkling of this interest within our relationship of 25 years. I had to hope that she'd see value in the rest of who I am, and that that would outweigh her potential disgust or concern about the fact that I wanted to wear toddler's underwear all the time, everywhere. It was a very high-anxiety moment, and it could have gone completely the other way, and right now I'd be typing this in the van I live in, using wifi from the donut shop I'm parked in front of. But it didn't go that way, thankfully!
Lol. The doomsday description of life in the alternative scenario cracks me up. It’s both funny and sad how our generation of DL’s ruminated over this for so long. Smart phones, apps and the web in general a decade sooner could’ve been a game changer for some here.

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
SherriLil said:
It was a very high-anxiety moment, and it could have gone completely the other way, and right now I'd be typing this in the van I live in, using wifi from the donut shop I'm parked in front of. But it didn't go that way, thankfully!
LOL, well... I'm glad it didn't play out that way!

SherriLil said:
I've been at the opposite end of that spectrum recently with my one of my parents facing an illness, and being (temporarily) in diapers, and that was of ZERO fascination, obviously. I just wanted it to be over. However, I wore diapers the whole time that dealt with it, which I think is evidence of a stability and maturation of where I stand with myself on "this". There was a time when I would have probably overreacted, had a boil-over in my well of inner shame, and probably locked my stash away and tried not to think about it.
I lost my dad to brain cancer four years ago and he was also in diapers by the end. The situation was so overwhelmingly ungood and non-little that there was no relating it to ABDL at all. In fact, I leaned even harder on my little side during those last few months than I ever had before. That was really when I realized that it wasn't just a fetish thing, but also an emotional coping strategy. It helped a lot, though I'd certainly have preferred not to need it.

SherriLil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Cottontail said:
That was really when I realized that it wasn't just a fetish thing, but also an emotional coping strategy.
Again, 100% on board with you. Very sorry to hear about what happened to your dad as well - that's awful. Cancer is brutal. I have some experience with its ways.

I think of "this" as being a non-prescription antianxiety medication and/or antidepressant, really. I used to say that it had no side-effects, but that's not accurate, really. They're just different side-effects. Diaper rash, for example, and an excess of laundry. Or possibly living in a van.

Cottontail said:
In fact, I leaned even harder on my little side during those last few months than I ever had before.
I lost my dad when I was 9, which also corresponded with the last couple of years that I "legitimately" wore diapers (at night), and I think that, although I couldn't put it into words at the time, wearing diapers helped me through a very difficult period. Around then, I started staying in them more in the mornings, if I could get away with it, where I used to take them off as soon as I got out of bed. And I started "getting ready for bed" almost as soon as I got home in the afternoon sometimes. Having diapers taken away also correlated to moving in with my (alcoholic) step-dad-to-be, and that's when I started making my own diapers out of towels and such. They really were an emotional balm during a turbulent few years.

When did this turn into a therapy session?!? Lol. My apologies.

• Love
Reactions: Cottontail and Subtlerustle