An interesting turn of events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shen

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
So... Here's the scoop. I haven't been on here in a while but I've been extremely busy. I'm gonna tell you what I've been up to in the past little while, it aint that pretty but it aint too bad. Basically a lot of my friends already knew I was an ab and everything. but a lot of shit can happen when you expose yourself to people who aren't ready. I just thought I'd try and be more open because they would say stuff like "we're curious about this and you should talk more about it it can lead to us asking more questions" So I decided to be more comfortable about the whole thing and just not care you know. I wear diapers very often on a regular basis just because I find them more comfortable then regular underwear and I sleep in them every night. as for using them it doesn't happen too often only 2 or 3 times a week. Anywho. Point is one of my friends starting to tell me that I should be "moderating my baby time" By this I'm assuming he meant stop relying on it so much. Even though I just like to do the things I do. You know. Really basically the whole ordeal blew up into a huge fight and a couple of my friends said an adult shouldn't rely on diapers pacifiers and footed sleepers for comfort. and so we aren't friends anymore and all of my other friends are like wtf? Why do they even care it's none of their business regardless. Basically it's just them trying to understand why I like to wear diapers, they call it "irrational" and "Immature". I only wear diapers around people I trust and it's not like I wear them to work or everywhere I go. Anywho I just thought I'd share that story. I find opening up to people makes it a lot easier to understand yourself and accept yourself and it also shows who your real friends are.

P.S.
If it's vague and a little sketchy that's just because I'm really lazy, sorry lol. Just ask if there is something you don't understand.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You should limit the time you do it. I would suggest you just don't do it around your friends, once I pretty much became extremely anti-social since all I wanted to do was sit at home where I could wear all the time with out fear.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
Well I actually would hate to have that happen to me but it has its pros and cons, so good luck with that man

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
that sux man, i'm sorry.

but you need to remember, this isn't "normal" to other people. it takes a lot for them to understand.

also, it appears as though you were wearing on a regular basis around your friends. maybe the diaper thing is something you want to just keep for you when you are by yourself.

i wear diapers on a semi-regular basis, (once or twice a week) but its almost always when i'm by myself. as far as i'm concerned, its nobody elses business what i do by myself behind closed doors, especially if it isnt harming myself or others.

Shen

Est. Contributor
Role
You should limit the time you do it. I would suggest you just don't do it around your friends, once I pretty much became extremely anti-social since all I wanted to do was sit at home where I could wear all the time with out fear.
I dunno. I'm not doing it because I'm obsessed with them or anything. and it's not like Im forcing anyone to accept me. I just actually prefer to wear them over underpants. because I find them much more comfortable. and a lot of my friends actually don't care at all. and dont mind me wearing around them. I see no reason to limit what I like to do and I feel comfortable with.

Ryan_d

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I agree with you completely.

I am sorry that your friends totally broke it off with you. I broke it off with some friends because I knew they would never be able to accept that I enjoy wearing diapers. So this can actually go both ways. But good luck to you, and very nice story.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
in a way i think it's really cool that you're able to tell your friends about your infantilism and you're comfortable wearing diapers when you're around them. i sort of wish i was that at-ease with myself.

all the same, being that open has its drawbacks, and i think you should consider losing your friends as sort of a wake-up call. i don't think that saying you only want to be friends with people who accept your infantilism is a very smart attitude. i have a lot of friends who i deeply value who would be a little bit weirded-out if i told them about this aspect of my life. as others have mentioned, it's a very difficult thing to understand, and just because someone isn't quite open-minded enough to be comfortable with your ABism doesn't mean they're a bad person. maybe you want to consider being more selective about who you talk about it with.

also, you're free to make your own decisions about how often you want to indulge in AB activities but it sounds like you're doing it an awful lot. i don't blame your friends for being concerned that you're becomming dependent on it.

cylenrii

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover,
i know its never a good thing to lose a Friend but to get in an argument over something in your persona life wasn't really any of his business either Way I'm sorry and i hope everything gets better

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
So essentially, the past couple of days have shown you who your real friends are (those that aren't disturbed by your special way to relax), and those who were only pretending to be your friends and didn't really like the real you.
You shouldn't really be too sad about losing those "fake" friends - disappointed, maybe, but consider it an incentive to find other, real friends...people who accept you for who you are and not for what they think you are/want you to be.

Peachy

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Just remember who's life it is, not there lives but yours, you do what makes you happy, if your not happy, you loose.

I have always kept my fetishes to myself, some people can do this and some just have to tell others, I'll bet none of them shared any of there fetishes with you.

I would just like to say a guy who wears a diaper and a sleeper can't be all bad, in my book, good for you...B

B

Butterfly Mage

Shen:

You describe a situation VERY similar to when I came "out of the closet" as being gay. My family was dismayed at first but eventually adjusted. A majority of my friends adjusted. A few far right Christian fundamentalists said "you're going to burn in Hell" and exited from my life. Were those of the latter group ever real friends to begin with? I guess not. You've found out a similar thing. From a purely objective vantage, the choice to wear diapers is just a personal selection of what kinds of clothing one will wear.

I'm sorry for the false friends you've uncovered in this experience, but it's better to lose them like this rather than wait for a time when you might really need them and find out in a time of crisis that they are false.

Role
Diaper Lover
Sounds fun, I don't think you need to moderate your time, you are just a darkfinn, to a lesser extent. Do what makes you happy, not what your friends want you to do, that THEY think would make you happy.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I dunno. I'm not doing it because I'm obsessed with them or anything. and it's not like Im forcing anyone to accept me. I just actually prefer to wear them over underpants. because I find them much more comfortable. and a lot of my friends actually don't care at all. and dont mind me wearing around them. I see no reason to limit what I like to do and I feel comfortable with.
I am not saying you are obsessed with them but if your friends really did not mind then why did they you and your friends get into a fight about it. I really do think they didn't care or they really didn't want to know in the first place. Anyways I don't think its too late to try and talk with them and be friends again.

It seams like they are taking my older brothers stance on the issue and frankly I agree with it. What I do is I just don't do any of the stuff around my brother and problem solved.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
It's great that you've been able to come out to your friends and that (for the most part, anway) they seem pretty accepting. Kudos to you for living your life without fear of what others think, I really respect that. The other friends may come around... it just might take them some time to wrap their head around it. You know, from an outsider's perspective. If not well then, like others here have said, they probably weren't very true friends, as sad as that may sound.

I haven't really told anyone I know about my *B/DL lifestyle. The only person IRL who knows about it, is another DL :rolleyes:. I probably will eventually, but there's also other stuff in my life I need to sort out first.

ForeverSmall

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Chill!

Your friends do have apiont however.... What is wrong with baby things? What is wrong with being irrational? If being irrational is bad then shrooms and dope is ok? Try that angle. You are not hurting anyone!

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
It's always nice to have the security that you know your friends accept your "deepest, darkest secret," but I think there are some things that shouldn't be told to anyone (unless you're going to marry them). You said, "Why should they care? It's none of their business." Exactly, so why tell them? There are always going to be people who can't accept this, and some of them could be your friends. Unfortunately, you can't go back in time. That sucks, and I'm sorry it happened to you. At least you still have some friends that accept this. :)

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
you are just a darkfinn, to a lesser extent.
in my view that's exactly the problem. but i'm speaking from the point of view of someone for whom wearing diapers all the time would significantly interfere with my lifestyle. i'm an active person, and i often find myself in situations where i need to command respect and authority. for the most part diapers and AB stuff is something i do in private and keep secret, and i wouldn't want it any other way.

i understand different people have different conceptions of the scope of the role they want infantilism to play in their life. just be careful that you're controlling it, and not the other way around. it's something you should think about carefully.

Shen

Est. Contributor
Role
I am not saying you are obsessed with them but if your friends really did not mind then why did they you and your friends get into a fight about it. I really do think they didn't care or they really didn't want to know in the first place. Anyways I don't think its too late to try and talk with them and be friends again.

It seams like they are taking my older brothers stance on the issue and frankly I agree with it. What I do is I just don't do any of the stuff around my brother and problem solved.
I agree with you, but it's not that they didn't accept it that bothers me. It's the fact they are trying to find reasons and excuses for it being irrational, and I believe they are making a bigger deal out of something that I really only indulge in. It doesn't command my life even though I wear them nearly all of the time. It's just I find it a lot easier to respect myself and even for others to respect me when I run away from the truth. I enjoy wearing diapers. To stop wearing them to run away from that enjoyment I believe is irrational. Where as I think that they think that it's a way to deal with my childhood. So basically they think Im using these items for the same reason a baby uses a pacifier because they have problems calming their nerves. Which is not the case with me at all, but they don't believe me they constantly make up reasons why I should moderate what I do. I personally believe it's their way of dealing with their insecuritys, and it's them who need to find a different way with dealing with stuff like that other than abandoning their friends. I don't think they should be focusing on what's inside my pants if it bothers them that much. It's not like I'm wearing just a diaper around them ever. I am usually always fully clothed. But that's besides the point. Happiness is a hard thing to find. I think when something makes you truly happy, you shouldn't screw around with it, and just do what feels natural to you. To me what I'm doing I enjoy and don't feel guilty about it. I'm sorry my friends don't feel the same way, and to be completely honest I have texted them billions of times to try and explain my point of view but they don't respond. So, in a sense. They are a loss cause and have created the rift themselves. I never forced them to be aware of what I was wearing, and I constantly asked if I ever made them uncomfortable, they never mentioned anything or showed any signs of weakness about it until recently. So, in my opinion the fault is in their laps about everything, and I will not sway to reason with them any longer because they will just ignore everything I try and say. Who's the real irrational immature one here? I would never outright ignore a friend who's speaking from his true heart, especially if I was judging them and making assumptions about their life that were not there. My trust has been broken and I do take full responsibility for it, but that doesn't mean I have to be apathetic towards their trust breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.