An idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I could have made a better tittle, but I don't want to.

Would it be possible to force any one over the age of 18 to show their age on their profile? Say I don't want to talk to any one over the age of 21, but I am unable to make sure I'm not talking to a 90 year old :O...

I don't know...Its an idea...might make some people feel safer knowing just that little bit more.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
How about, they have to show their age, but only in their profile, which they can make private if they want, that way they don't have to feel as if they are being forced to release their age as much...Like they don't have to show their age on each post they make on the left thing

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
As someone who is over 18 who doesn't show age in his profile, I can't say this appeals to me (I'm 41, by the way). I'm also trying to look at it objectively, and I don't see the purpose. If it were a dating site, there'd be a more solid justification, but I really don't see where age enters into the equation for support. While you'll frequently see different perspectives based on age, I don't see how someone 13 should be concerned about getting that advice from someone who's 90. Anything else in the context of this site strikes me as prejudiced, but if I make you all squirmy, feel free not to talk to me.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I left my age in my postbit as I don't really care, but I don't see the point of this. If that, then why not an option to only talk to a certain gender, or who are DLs only, or who have a certain sexuality.. seems silly imo.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I don't really see the point of it, this place is a lot safer then some other place, so what the point of showing someone age when we really don't need to.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I'm with Trevor...I'm 45, most people know that...as Trevor said, feel free not to talk to me.

In fact the vast majority of "regulars" (or more aptly...originals)...Moo, Peachy, Dpr_Fox, Doodle, Mark Fox, myself, and a few others whose names escape me at the moment are all over the magical age of 18 (to varying degrees).

I tend to talk to everyone the same way, regardless of age. My chronological age is not relevant to the majority of conversations in which I participate in this forum nor in the IRC chat.

Role
Diaper Lover
Lolololol. Trevor I never knew you were 41 ya old coot. Why didn't you tell me?

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Lolololol. Trevor I never knew you were 41 ya old coot. Why didn't you tell me?
Guess you didn't read the proper posts or weren't around chat at the right times. I haven't told anyone my shoe size yet, either. ;)

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
yeah, unless you're cruising the site for a fukbuddy, age is of pretty marginal importance. if people are really interested in knowing each other's ages then everyone should be required to display their age. making it a requirement JUST for people over 18 is so prejudicial i really don't know whether to be offended or amused by the suggestion.

on the other hand, i can understand that if you're a teen and you enter into a private conversation with someone via PMs or IMs, you might want to know whether you're talking to another teen or to an adult. if so, JUST ASK. if you don't trust them enough to tell you the truth, you shouldn't be talking to them anyway.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Avery: I trust no one, I'm not just saying that. I was raised to be cautious, which means (for me) not trusting someone, so I don't trust any one's word. If you can prove it to me (i.e. talk on web cam) then I can trust you some what, but I know every one lies at some point... Yes, this was all necessary to say...it just was...

Hey, if every one was required to say their real age, that would work too...But really, which would scare someone more: a teen trying to have e-sex with a 60-year old dude, or the other way around?

Role
Sissy
How does "E-sex" even enter into it? This forum isn't about hookups real or cyber. Seriously if I was talking to someone for the first time (or anytime really) and they randomly start wanting too cyber me I block them. Thats how easy it is! I doubt your going to get anyone trying to cyber you over a forum either. So your "E-body" is safe from harm :p

Role
Private
I'd rather talk to someone based on how trustworthy they've made themselves out to be here. Age is of little importance, instead I look to see who is genuine.

Besides, a good and honest person wouldn't lie about their age.

I'm with Trevor...I'm 45, most people know that...
:eek: I thought you were 30-something!

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Avery: I trust no one, I'm not just saying that. I was raised to be cautious, which means (for me) not trusting someone, so I don't trust any one's word. If you can prove it to me (i.e. talk on web cam) then I can trust you some what, but I know every one lies at some point... Yes, this was all necessary to say...it just was...

Hey, if every one was required to say their real age, that would work too...But really, which would scare someone more: a teen trying to have e-sex with a 60-year old dude, or the other way around?
Huh? Who said anything about e-sex? I am very confused as to what the point is here. :confused:

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I don't think we should force people over the age of 18 to show their age. That's a violation of privacy, in my opinion. If you're worried about talking to "someone 90", then you ought to just not talk to anyone on a personal level. Even so, they can still lie about their age.

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I would just like to note that mods are generally willing to let you if we trust a given person about their age and stuff. If someone tells you one age you can at the very least ask mods to confirm that that is the age they give on the forums (also we can confirm that we don't have suspicions etc of lying from the person).

I don't like the forced age thing because then anyone not showing the age is by definition under 18 allowing them to be targeted.

But in the end you must keep in mind that lying on the internet is quite possible and should not be trusted until your very sure its for real/accurate.

If you meet up do it in an open area with lots of people around and don't go anywheres alone until you trust the person. If doing things online like sexual role play ask to see them on webcam (incidentally this is one situation where i would be concerned the person is younger than they say they are as you really don't want to get arrested as a pedophile... if the person seems borderline on age i would ask for further proof). Likewise you probably don't want to be chatting with some creepy old dude pretending to be 19 though this will be more evident than the too young issue. BTW when i say on webcam i don't mean naked... in general you don't want to be naked on webcam because you can't tell if they're recording etc. I would reserve anything like that for knowing them a long time and trusting alot.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
As long as the mods birth ages, I think any persona you present here is valid whether you are a 90 yo presenting as a youth, a 10 yo presenting as 15, or whatever. So long as no outright lies are said, judgements should not be made according to "coming off as mature (or immature.) Lying is banned, not because all lies about who you are will cause harm but because the might in general, and may be used to do so in specific cases. The overall security of the group is protected by enjoining everyone to behave in a way that presents the few who would use a freer environment to some advantage than entailed risk of harm from the majority.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I'm not going to force anyone to show their age.
If someone tells you they're a certain age, you can (with their permission) ask the mods to confirm it.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
on the other hand, i can understand that if you're a teen and you enter into a private conversation with someone via PMs or IMs, you might want to know whether you're talking to another teen or to an adult.
Exactly why I'm completely open about my age, even showing it on the post bit. I wouldn't want to shock a younger teen member thinking they were PMing another teen when they were in fact PMing someone much older, a much older man at that. If, as BabyGrizzy mentioned, any younger members feel uncomfortable talking to me, either on or off the forums, I completely understand where they are coming from and have no bad feelings towards them. I'm glad they're wise enough to show such caution in protecting themselves. You've definitely got to stay in your safety comfort zone when anywhere on the net, even a relatively safe place like ADISC.

~Pramrider

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't think that would be fair at all. However, I am a person who doesn't care much about age. I'm more worried about talking to the person. Like its been said before, this isn't a personals site, so I don't see how age is a factor. If you plan to go further, and have a close friendship with a member, then I'd imagine you would know their age after a certain amount of time anyhow.

But just reading someones posts, or even swapping PMs with a person, I don't think their age should have any impact on what they are saying. I had someone say to me once, "Wait, are you a girl or not?" Like it was this huge huge deal. My gender should have no impact on what I say, and how you take it, I think the same applies with age.

I'm also sorry to bring this up after 2 weeks, I usually don't do this, but I seemed to have missed it before, and I wanted to add my 2 cents.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
well i dont wanna giv away my age, as i am in the eyes of the law classes as a minor and vunlerable (yeah right) it is a saftey thing

Status
Not open for further replies.