An Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little ollie

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Hey just an idea if it wouldn't be a problem that is a few more Vb skins as at the moment we only have to the normal Vb one and and a dark one and there both a bit boring so is there any chance of a few new skins please. :)

Role
Private
Hmm, wasn't this suggested back on TBDL?

I think Moo said that if you could find a good skin, he'll look into it. But don't quote me on that.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
If you can find a good skin, then I will look into adding it.

However, I don't want to add it unless it will be used by at least a few users (say... 5-10). The reason for this is that due to all the custom work done on this forum, adding a new skin is not as simple as just pressing the 'import' button. I usually have to manually check quite a few sections of code used on the site to make sure they work on the new skin, do file tree comparisons, and remember to update the new skin as well whenever I make changes to certain parts of the default skin.

I probably wouldn't be willing to do it if the new skin was similar to one we already have... e.g. another dark skin with different icons.
I also probably wouldn't be willing to do it if the new skin was one that would get very little use... like a "Christmas" skin (who would use that, apart from in December? In terms of reward divided by effort, it would not be worthwhile).

I'd probably be willing to do this work for a girlie pink skin, or some other type of skin that is very different to what we have now, and would probably be used by a substantial number of people here.

To get me to install a particular skin, you will need to start a new thread in the administrative stuff forum, clearly linking to examples of the skin in use. Then you will need 5-10 people who very much like the skin, want it on the site, would want to use it instead of the existing skins from now on, and who post to the thread stating this. Once the skin you want installed is clearly identified, and the popular support is clearly there, I will look at it and see if I can install it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.