An easy question... Looking for as many answers and opinions as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

MixerOp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm thinking about getting some ATN's. Would it be safe to say that they are measurably better than the last plastic backed depends? I'm sure they aren't the very best, but what do you guys think of them?

Omg there much better than depends. Tranquility products give me a rash though.

I'm wearing a plastic-back Depends right now-with a Prevail underneath it! Plus a soaker in that! So yeah, Depends WILL leak, obviously. I still kind of like them though.
I use stuffers with Tranquility's
too

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

Tranquility ATN are my day time diaper. They work great

I really like them also for a daytime diaper. As stated above they are very, very squishy when wet. It's a pretty cool feeling. The only thing I don't like is that they can stretch. You may have to tighten your padding if you are up and down a lot. But be careful I have had some tapes rip off.

The one thing I dislike about the ATNs is that the width of the padding in the center is by far the narrowest of any diaper I've ever used. It's one cost-cutting measure that I really don't care for.

the atn's are an order of magnitude better than depends, they still don't have the best capacity, but if it was a choice between atn or depends, i would go atn every time. also, they get really squishy and swell when wet.

i am going to go against the grain here.. i used to use Depend Max Protection doubled up as my daily driver.. i tried Tranquility ATNs a few times, but found that they did not wick well, and the crotch area would become saturated, and leak, but the rest of the diaper would remain bone dry. Also, they suffered from the SAP and Fluff crumbling, so as they got wet, the padding fell apart and ended up in chunks between the legs. I have always wondered why so many people seem to like them and thought perhaps i just got a few bad runs.

i am going to try them again as they are about the cheapest plastic backed diaper out there, but i would be hesitant to suggest them.

I'm with Randy on this one. Yes, they're better than Depend, but most of any diaper will go unused. Because of the ATN's reliance on SAP and have so little fluff, the only part of the diaper that absorbs is the area that is directly affected by the urine stream. That part absorbs and swells like crazy, and it does get super-squishy, but the back of the diaper will remain dry as the Sahara. There are much better diapers out there in a similar price range. Have you tried the Tena Super or Tena Super Stretch? They're a good daytime diaper that's quiet, discreet, and will actually give you your money's worth.

-RMS

Tranquility is a great step above store brands and depends. That said they were my first foray into better quality diapers. While not my favorite I cannot deny the quality for the price. With the ATN I do recommend reinforcing the tapes with some duct or packing tape however but be aware that packing tape can lead to more of a crinkle. If you are looking for something that is fairly quiet and discreet (at least when dry as they do swell a lot) then I would highly recommend them.

While Depends Protection with Tabs were plastic backed, I preferred them to ATNs. ATNs aren't bad for the price but Depends gave me just what I wanted from a low-end diaper, so there was no need to pay more, even if it was better. With Depends going to clothlike covers, ATNs were a leading contender for my work wear diaper. The introduction of Plastic Preschools from ABU has made that decision easier since they're better than either one.

I like them, they work well for a slim profile diaper

They are better than depends for sure, but not quite as good as a middle of the road diaper like abena or a+.

They are decent for light incontinence, and great if all you have is occasional dribbling. However, they can barely hold one full wetting (don't sit down right away either). And in spite of the name, they are no good for overnight wetting at all.

Trevor said:
The introduction of Plastic Preschools from ABU has made that decision easier since they're better than either one.

Seconded. Preschool are about the same price yet work much better than ATNs. My only major regret on the Preschool is they're not nearly long enough from front to back. The mediums are about two inches from my belly button, and things are even worse on the back. Enough that they would most likely leak out the top from messing. But as a daytime diaper, that's not a big concern.

Still, they'd be almost perfect if they made them 2-3" longer. I could live without the waistbands.

So, I'm not into the printed diapers, but I looked at preschools. There price is 26, for my size per bag. ATNs, are 15 per bag, in my size.

goten said:
But as a daytime diaper, that's not a big concern.

That's the exact market they are targeted for. I find them ideal for daytime wear - there's nothing else on the market right now that I'd prefer to wear to work.

goten said:
The mediums are about two inches from my belly button, and things are even worse on the back.

Wow, That is still way too small. Diapers are intended to fit like a diaper, not like underwear. I'm surprised you don't get pee leaking over the top too, or even problems with the tapes popping off of the diaper splitting open. But hey, if they work good for you then stick with em.

MixerOp said:
So, I'm not into the printed diapers, but I looked at preschools. There price is 26, for my size per bag. ATNs, are 15 per bag, in my size.
There are places were ATNS are like $8.99 a bag for a case , look around , and as usual I have a surplus of ATNS mediums, so if your in my area PM me and you can come and get them .

I also have a surplus of Coloplast hydrophilic Coude 16 FR Spedicath sterile if anybody needs them they can PM me also to pick up for free.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

MixerOp said:

If you can't buy at the case level, pretty much any ABDL diaper isn't going to compete. Our market has accepted that cases are the way to go. Stick with adult incontinence products if you need smaller quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back