Votes: 10 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Hi, it just occurred to me that nobody (to the best of my search engine use) had started a thread on this yet: If you live in America, who do you want to be elected president this November? I cast my vote for Obama.

This is a private poll, so no-one can tell who you are voting for unless you say so.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I haven't decided for sure yet, but I'm leaning toward McCain. I think I'll have a better idea once they choose their veeps, though.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
They're all untrustworthy and party-idealists. I think party separation in the government is a good thing, but none of these candidates have what it takes to be the president that our country actually needs.

I gladly look forward to 2012.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
McCain is certainly not a party idealist. Look how a lot of the hardcore right opposed him and didn't want him to get the nomination. The only reason they'll support him now is they like him more than the alternative. He's got a history of crossing party lines and working with both sides, so I am not sure why you say he is a party idealist.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm just glad Obama is the nominee rather than Clinton...

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I voted for Mitt Romney back during the GOP/republican primary here in CA but due to Mike Huckabee I think Mitt was pretty much doomed to fail even tough he still made it close.

So I'll either vote for John McCain or write in a name of a true republican. Its just that do I want to vote for someone who has a shot at winning (McCain) or vote only for my ideals (write-in). So far my votes going to McCain since I don't really want to "waste" my vote.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I'm probably going to offend someone, I hope not though. I'm really, really sorry, but I have to be honest. In my opinion, Obama is a fake, he's rude, and he's a snob. (I used to be for him myself until I thought about it a bit.) It's like people are mesmerized by him and don't care though... as if he could get away with anything. (I think this is all why Clinton didn't want to give up at first) If he wins, then I certainly hope he doesn't become a democratic Bush. Also kinda afraid McCain could be another Bush. I really, really hope Obama picks Clinton as his running mate... she's not fake, she's not rude, and she's not a snob. Plus, she knows something about the White House, while Obama just thinks he does. And if McCain wins, which I have a feeling he may, then he better not pick Romney as his running mate (I just have a really bad gut feeling about that guy). I hope I'm wrong about them though... I hope Obama and McCain would actually both make great presidents, but there's really no way to know for sure. And this is such a major thing.... we don't need another guy like Bush in office.... not at all.... :(

I'm not 100% sure who I'll actually vote for... I guess it will sorta depend on who picks who as a running mate. Probably Obama though....

F

FullMetal

It all depends for me. I was for Clinton, so both of these candidates are untrustworthy. Not that Clinton wasn't untrustworthy, but for me, a little less. Now that it comes down to McCain or Obama, I would gladly pick Obama...IF Clinton is is vice. This election is going to be interesting, Obama really does depend on Clinton. Even though the Clintonites are democratic, I believe that the majority will not vote for Obama if he does not have Clinton as vice.

Then again, I do feel it is all a free for all now, and we all have to wait at least a good month before we (I) make a decision.

So,

Let the games begin?

FullMetal

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm probably going to offend someone, I hope not though. I'm really, really sorry, but I have to be honest. In my opinion, Obama is a fake, he's rude, and he's a snob. (I used to be for him myself until I thought about it a bit.) It's like people are mesmerized by him and don't care though... as if he could get away with anything. (I think this is all why Clinton didn't want to give up at first) If he wins, then I certainly hope he doesn't become a democratic Bush. Also kinda afraid McCain could be another Bush. I really, really hope Obama picks Clinton as his running mate... she's not fake, she's not rude, and she's not a snob. Plus, she knows something about the White House, while Obama just thinks he does. And if McCain wins, which I have a feeling he may, then he better not pick Romney as his running mate (I just have a really bad gut feeling about that guy). I hope I'm wrong about them though... I hope Obama and McCain would actually both make great presidents, but there's really no way to know for sure. And this is such a major thing.... we don't need another guy like Bush in office.... not at all.... :(

I'm not 100% sure who I'll actually vote for... I guess it will sorta depend on who picks who as a running mate. Probably Obama though....

Hilary lies though...And she's scripted...I think Obama is nice, and he wouldn't have insulted people, if they didn't attack him first...

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hillary Clinton is not rude? Are you sure? :p

Anyway, I know what you're saying. Obama has made some comments that make him come off as an elitist, and for the life of me I still can't figure out what he really supports. I always laugh a bit when I'm listening to the radio and an Obama supporter calls in.. the host asks what issues of Obama's the caller likes. and the caller can't name a single issue where Obama stands (aside from evacuating Iraq, maybe).

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Hillary Clinton is not rude? Are you sure? :p

Anyway, I know what you're saying. Obama has made some comments that make him come off as an elitist, and for the life of me I still can't figure out what he really supports. I always laugh a bit when I'm listening to the radio and an Obama supporter calls in.. the host asks what issues of Obama's the caller likes. and the caller can't name a single issue where Obama stands (aside from evacuating Iraq, maybe).

Hah...She's definitely rude...Obama's stance on Iraq is (or was, the economy is what people want to hear about now...) his main point...

snydead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Last year in my goverment class we were doing this activity about voting women for president. So we were given the bio of certain women that would be good to run for president and Hillary Clinton was one of them. So her bio was about her job and background. One of the things that I liked about her is that she cares about the children and their envirement and their education. But one downside about her is that her husband has been impeached, but yet her husband had made the economy better.

Lastly, I would vote for Hillary Clinton because I believe that she can make the economy better since her husband had made it better. Other than her I also like Obama.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I want to know if any of you can name one thing good that Obama has done since hes become a senator? Anyone I ever asked could never tell me what he's done to improve the nation. But you could just end up looking some stuff up on a website.

Anyways as a republican I don't think i could ever in good faith vote for Hillary (free health care isn't free) and as for Obama I have no idea what hes done to even remotely improve this country.

McCain isn't a great person either which is why I might not even vote for him and I don't think he really improved the boarder in Arizona at all.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I am amazed there are gays supporting Mccain. You realize gay marriage will be illegal if he is president right?

I am Obama all the way. Also it is true I do not know about much stuff he stands for. Except I do know he is the best presidential candidate speaker I ever heard, he is able to rally and motivate people more than ever before. Also he has stated he has tried various drugs, so that tells me he would be a radical (liberal), president in a good way. He would change a lot of laws for the better defiantly, no doubt in my mind.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well for one, gay marriage is currently a state issue -- not federal. It's also already illegal in most places. So, unless you are suggesting that McCain would push for a marriage amendment, I'm not sure what you're talking about. If he did push for one, I doubt it would pass through Congress anyhow.

Generally McCain favors states' rights (which is common among conservatives). So, I'd tend to think that he'd allow it to remain decided by individual states.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Obama... all the way. He is the only hope we have of changing anything. McCain is just going to be a 3rd GWB term.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I think McCain is a nice man. However I'm not so sure he is firm enough with his own ideals. Also, I'm pro-gay and pro-abortion, and I don't think he is.

I wanted to like Hillary, because I like Bill and I like Chelsea both quite a bit. However, she is stern, abrasive, and tries too hard to be chummy with the citizens, and it doesn't work.

Obama: I can see people saying he is a snob. He does like his arugula salad. He is well spoken and well dressed, and good-looking. I do actually like him quite a bit, though, and maybe that highlights the snobbery in me.

I worried badly about Obama running. I hate when blacks try to fight racism with racism. There is no such thing as reverse racism. There is just racism. Both races are guilty for the mutual discomfort between us that seems so prevalent. We have held onto slavery too much, and we haven't done enough to diagnose today's ills, much less change them.

Time for a new paradigm, and Obama can lead us well. I just worry about those that openly say that since Clinton lost, they will vote for McCain.

andrew90

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
VOTE REPUBLICAN!
MCCAIN ftw!!!

democrats always compromise; they want to pussy out the war.
republicans know that the troops gotta stay there till the job's done!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
VOTE REPUBLICAN!
MCCAIN ftw!!!

democrats always compromise; they want to pussy out the war.
republicans know that the troops gotta stay there till the job's done!

What job? Killing every single person in Iraq? The war isn't helping us any

Status
Not open for further replies.