America is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You don't get thrown in prison for saying Bush sucks.

But honestly, USA is just the symbol of monetary power. And obesity (don't tell me about Australia, they have less fat nerds than the United States, numerically speaking).

Granted, the US is a much better place to live than... most countries (notably Asia and Africa), but I honestly think Canada is generally safer. We didn't have any big terrorist attack now did we? Of course, we still have the occasional school shootings (there was one at Dawson College a few streets away from my school), car accidents and homicides (very rarely), but not anyone can find guns here, and whenever there's a gun to use, it will be used by someone.
So yeah, AMERICA SUXX0RZ.

Do I digress?
Have you ever compared Canada to the USA? Our whole country is filled pretty much. Your people live along the boarder of the US and anywhere beyond that is a frozen wasteland. You guys can pretty much drive for 2 hours and do stuff here in the states. I won't deny that Canada does stuff better then the US but the US is way more massive then Canada. Not everything that works on a small scale works on a massive scale.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
At the end of the day, patriotism is like religion: Feel free to be patriotic and to display the symbols of your patriotism within reasonable limits. Just don't push your patriotism into everyone's face. The "holier than thou"-attitude causes a lot of trouble with religion, and it causes just as much trouble with patriotism.

Peachy

Klokwork

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
At the end of the day, patriotism is like religion: Feel free to be patriotic and to display the symbols of your patriotism within reasonable limits. Just don't push your patriotism into everyone's face. The "holier than thou"-attitude causes a lot of trouble with religion, and it causes just as much trouble with patriotism.

Peachy
Yeah? ,well your face. ****ing America!!!

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Have you ever compared Canada to the USA? Our whole country is filled pretty much.
Yeah, nobody moves to Canada because it's too cold.

Your people live along the boarder of the US and anywhere beyond that is a frozen wasteland.
It's true. Something like 70-80% of Canadians live along the American border simply because they love America so much and want to be closer to it. It's also 100% true that anything further north of Toronto is a frozen wasteland; Glacier Town. Alaska is also further south than Toronto, obviously.

Nevermind Canada ranks 9th on The University of Michigan's World Values Survey for happiest countries in the world, while the US ranked 16th. They're happy just because they're so close to the US border.

Danes were first, as they always are. Hmm, must have something to do with the cold.

You guys can pretty much drive for 2 hours and do stuff here in the states.
Yep. Because Canada is such a tiny country. I have a hard time locating it on the map actualy, all tucked away down there.

I won't deny that Canada does stuff better then the US but the US is way more massive then Canada. Not everything that works on a small scale works on a massive scale.
I think I found it.

Peachy
Too true. America is a great and beautiful country with some wonderful people and technology. The world's view of America is more distorted than America's view of the world. The fine people of America are patriotic, perhaps too patriotic sometimes, but they have that right. They've got some great freedoms and rights (but believing that they are the only country in the world that has such freedoms is an ignorant notion). And that, coupled with some bad decisions made by their leaders in the past, have caused a negative reaction towards them.

People around the world that have never been to America grow up with the idea that all Americans are arrogant of other places but America. They fail to see the irony in this.

I think we should all just stop caring if America is patriotic. It's their god-given right, damnit! Let em have some fun with it.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Too true. America is a great and beautiful country with some wonderful people and technology. The world's view of America is more distorted than America's view of the world.
Well, it all depends on the person whos looking at America from the outside or the American looking at the world. Some views are more messed up than others, but personally speaking they are not as arrogant as our opinions, but that's only from personal experience, there are plenty more people out there who i haven't met.

The fine people of America are patriotic, perhaps too patriotic sometimes, but they have that right. They've got some great freedoms and rights (but believing that they are the only country in the world that has such freedoms is an ignorant notion). And that, coupled with some bad decisions made by their leaders in the past, have caused a negative reaction towards them.
It can be a combination of both the actions of America's leaders and also of American's citizens, but the actions of citizens don't get as much attention.

People around the world that have never been to America grow up with the idea that all Americans are arrogant of other places but America. They fail to see the irony in this.
True, but there are also those here who have grown up here all their lives and fail to look at how the outside world works and progresses. Just because the rest of the world is different doesn't mean it's better or worse than American ways. More irony for the stew:eek:

I think we should all just stop caring if America is patriotic. It's their god-given right, damnit! Let em have some fun with it.
Sure let them run rampant, who's going to stop them from making asses of themselves...

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Yeah, and your opinion is wrong. Freedom is a two way street. If you have the freedom to express yourself, other people have the freedom to give you shit. You can be anything you want in society, stop bitching. Countless people died to give you this freedom. Man up and stop blaming America.
Thanks for proving my point., and by the way your opinion is wrong ;)

Fallen, check out some more unfortunate countries before you talk shit about the freedoms Americans have.
America, in a debate, shouldn't even be compared to a dictatorship or anything like it.

Even if the government doesn't do anything, it doesn't stop the tools in society to make your life hell and "enforce" their views on you even when you do nothing to compel them otherwise.

And when you all start attacking my opinion and telling me I'm wrong, all you're doing is proving what I said, I never once said that your opinions were wrong(the part of above was sarcasm if the ;) didn't give it off).

Klokwork

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Thanks for proving my point., and by the way your opinion is wrong ;)

America, in a debate, shouldn't even be compared to a dictatorship or anything like it.

Even if the government doesn't do anything, it doesn't stop the tools in society to make your life hell and "enforce" their views on you even when you do nothing to compel them otherwise.

And when you all start attacking my opinion and telling me I'm wrong, all you're doing is proving what I said, I never once said that your opinions were wrong(the part of above was sarcasm if the ;) didn't give it off).
BAWWWWWWWWWW! people are enforcing their opinions on me!

You claim to be so liberal, but you are quite closed minded. The fact that you think the opinions of other people are evil "enforcers" is nothing short of astounding. If someone has a different opinion, it's possible to say something like "Wow, I never thought of it that way!" or "Thats a great point, thanks for convincing me". The fact is, I can't change your opinion without your consent. I'm not a brainwasher. All I'm trying to do is maybe convince you to stop being such an unappreciative tool. But if you like sounding like a victim because I tried to teach you something about life, be my guest.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Debates about America suck. Just be glad you're living here and not in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I actually collected about a hundred fireworks, tied them together, set it on fire, an ran like hell. Besides being able to do that, COKE! BOTH OF THEM!

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
BAWWWWWWWWWW! people are enforcing their opinions on me!

You claim to be so liberal, but you are quite closed minded. The fact that you think the opinions of other people are evil "enforcers" is nothing short of astounding. If someone has a different opinion, it's possible to say something like "Wow, I never thought of it that way!" or "Thats a great point, thanks for convincing me". The fact is, I can't change your opinion without your consent. I'm not a brainwasher. All I'm trying to do is maybe convince you to stop being such an unappreciative tool. But if you like sounding like a victim because I tried to teach you something about life, be my guest.

You are possibly the worst troll I have ever seen.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
For that opinion "that freedom of speech is a two way street" or whatever well its not a opinion its a fact.

We can all state our views like we all have been doing on this topic. No one is forcing their views on you or I considering we can just skip their post if we do not like what they are saying. Its impossible for me to force my views on anyone I can not make you think the same way I do.

For example, in high school a new student came into my homeroom class. He was very liberal and was also openly gay. Me on the other hand I am a republican and a christian. Did we try to force our different views on each other? Hell no!

Did we end up respecting each others views but talking about how we felt sure. but thats far away then us shoving/forcing our views on one another. No one can force their views on you since you can just walk away from them and chose to deny their thoughts. It seams like Fallen is doing a perfect job at this and just saying " Your a troll" to deathklok.

But if you want the right to say what you want you got to give everyone else the same right to respond to you. On the other hand you do not have to listen to what they say.

(whoo, 500th post :) )

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm a post WW II war baby. I watched my neighbor go off to the Korean War, as stupid and pointless war that broke down in peace talks when neither side could decide whether they wanted a round table or a rectangular table to discuss peace options. It ended in a draw, the country divided between North and South and I believe about 40,000 U.S. soldiers dead. I saw the Berlin airlift, the Suez Canal blockade. Then came my generation's war, Viet Nam. 55,000 Americans dead and the North swallowing up the South. The last winter coat I bought was made in Viet Nam, so I guess I lost close friends who died a horrible death so I could have that coat.

Besides the Cold War and all the many U.S. wars in Central America and elsewhere, came Desert Storm and again the wars in the Middle East. This is the legacy of the U.S. I've watched us, along with other brave nations like Great Britain, Australia and yes, even Russia, help save the world in WW II. I've also seen us become the big bully of the world, which bothers me greatly.

The U.S. is a great country because of its ordinary people. When a home is destroyed in a storm, its the neighbors who role up their sleeves and pitch in. When Katrina hit, my church sent several work teams to New Orleans and Mississippi. During WW II, it was the average Joe who climbed up the sheer cliffs on D Day against machine gun fire, climbing over the dead bodies of his comrades, until the machine gun nest was dispatched. Americans, and others from other nations have always been there to fight for the little guy, sacrificing their lives. It's in that spirit that we celebrate the Fourth of July. That holiday can be for anyone who stands up to tyrants. That's why I, as an American, don't want to be a tyrant. I hope things will improve with our next president.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Sure there might be alot of good things America stand for and has like good rights etc. but I think a thread provocing and irritating like this is just stupid. America has done also stupid things aswell as other countries so glorifying your country and thinking your better than other just seem stupid. Im not trying to start a flame war or debate I just wanted to say that this is a really big pointless thread created by a Troll(who is annoying >_< )

Klokwork

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Sure there might be alot of good things America stand for and has like good rights etc. but I think a thread provocing and irritating like this is just stupid. America has done also stupid things aswell as other countries so glorifying your country and thinking your better than other just seem stupid. Im not trying to start a flame war or debate I just wanted to say that this is a really big pointless thread created by a Troll(who is annoying >_< )
You guys realize that this is satire right? Do you honestly think I'm this much of an asshole? Wow, you are a dense bunch. Let me clear up some other mysteries for you. Stephen Colbert is a liberal, and Mark Twain thought of black people as human. And no, I'm not saying that America sucks, I'm just poking fun at the American bravado. Way to **** it all up with your whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.