Am i the only one?

Turk3y5h007

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I feel like i'm alone in the desire the cause myself emotional distress when in little space. I will just keep poking at things til eventually i find something that makes me cry and then i poke at that until i finally get exhausted and fall asleep.

Are you talking about self harm kiddo.

IF you are please find help.

But you not the only one I know it feels like it, we all been there at some point. Reaching out to this community will show you that there are lots if us that like /need to regress.

If you can got to meet up you can find them of fetlife.

And you will find friends out hear.

Hugs

nothing physical, but the amount of energy consumed makes for the most relaxing rests.
As for talking to someone for one i cant justify spending money on something like that and two i could never relax, to be honest having to guard my words from misinterpretations knowing someone like them can lock me away in a mental health facility my parents did that to me as a child and i never want to go back
Meeting people in no way sounds fun or enjoyable not knowing what to say when someone makes a comment like "nice shirt" after replying thanks i sit in an awkward silence. the best possible outcome for me is no one says anything so I dont have to say anything and I can go home

It just seems everyone likes imagining themselves in a happy world, I like a dark unhappy world it feels more realistic, maybe natural would be a better word or it could just be more of what i know childhood to be.

this may have come off as me being depressed but I feel better then I ever have considering how much life has kicked me the past few years im really surprised at how well im feeling.

Turk3y5h007 said:
nothing physical, but the amount of energy consumed makes for the most relaxing rests.
As for talking to someone for one i cant justify spending money on something like that and two i could never relax, to be honest having to guard my words from misinterpretations knowing someone like them can lock me away in a mental health facility my parents did that to me as a child and i never want to go back
Meeting people in no way sounds fun or enjoyable not knowing what to say when someone makes a comment like "nice shirt" after replying thanks i sit in an awkward silence. the best possible outcome for me is no one says anything so I dont have to say anything and I can go home

It just seems everyone likes imagining themselves in a happy world, I like a dark unhappy world it feels more realistic, maybe natural would be a better word or it could just be more of what i know childhood to be.

this may have come off as me being depressed but I feel better then I ever have considering how much life has kicked me the past few years im really surprised at how well im feeling.
If you ever want to talk to anyone, you can message me. I think that I need to have and esablished contributer status before recieving messages though. I would also really encourage you to go talk to a therapist. To me it sounds like you're going through a lot of distress. Getting help is always a good idea. And don't worry, unless you're suicidal I don't think they'll send you to the hospital. If you are suicidal however, please get help immediately. If you're in the US the suicide hotline number is 1-800-273-8255 (TALK). Also, I would watch out for mood swings. Just because you all of a sudden feel good, doesn't mean that you're mood won't swing back down. Just be careful and good luck

Reactions: Marting and siysiy
Turk3y5h007 said:

Hi Kiddo

They are not going to lock you away unless you are going to harm yourself or others through mental health

Talking this through will help you believe me.

It is through seeing a therapist that I could that I am a Little and my life had got so much better.

You can also PM if you want to. I may not have the any answers for you. But just know you are not alone.

Hugs

Reactions: daddyconnor
Turk3y5h007 said:

Siysiy is correct. Good advice as usual.

The nice thing about the internet is that you can connect with other people with the same kink/problem/whatever. You are not isolated.

Never be afraid to talk to someone trusted or to a councilor. We all have our problems and talking helps us understand them better.

If it wasn't so depressing I could find humor in it. This is the epitome of my life i guess no matter how abnormal of a group i find I will always be labeled the crazy or weird person.

Ever feeling good and emotionally stable? I got the cure for ya STRANGERS! okay i did find humor in it just wasn't expecting to come home to a room full of people telling me i need help and suicide hot lines maybe i didn't express myself correctly but being called crazy by a group of people so different and one thinks they have something in common with hurts i'm sorry i ever came here and asked questions this is why i don't go looking for social interaction

I don't think anybody labelled you. Nope, nobody called you crazy, just triple checked... found nothing.

To be clear, you start off saying you willfully cause yourself emotional distress. In the next thing you post you state you are afraid you'll be labelled and locked up if you talk about it. Followed by that you prefer a "dark unhappy world". What did you honestly expect people to think here? We see cries for help on the daily on here.

So I am not feeling bad in the least. I hope you find the support and peace you deserve.

You basically mean you think of something that makes you sad until you cry, right?

Like a way to let off stress and anxiety through cathartic crying except you're also in little space at the same time?

Because I understand that. Sometimes I feel upset and can't really figure out WHY, just that I am, and I'll think of something that makes me cry and then let it all out during that. Take a nap and wake up feeling a LOT better than I did.

I got what you meant right away, but maybe it's because I've done the same thing in the past. I don't do it often and it's usually when things have been building up for a long time.

It sounds more like anxiety than depression. I'd go through phases of worrying about something, over-analysing it, becoming obsessed with all the scary possibilities, and how my life is a failure or whatever...

It's easy to see the life that people present. Everyone looks happy and carefree. But that's because we can't see what they're thinking. People hide their anxieties and vulnerabilities, so it can seem that you're the "odd one out".

Maybe the reason these thoughts come out when you regress is because your regressed mind feels like it doesn't need to hold back the emotions you keep bottled-up when you're adulting?

It's also common with anxiety to find social situations and small-talk difficult. Anxiety can make us so worried about what others think of us that we don't feel like we can be ourselves.

Every professional counsellor (in the UK at least) HAS to go through counselling themselves. It doesn't make them weird or crazy. Contestants on reality shows often get counselling to help them deal with the experience. Really, counselling is just a posh word for "talking about your thoughts".

You really don't need to worry about being labelled "crazy", and no one is going to lock you up in a mental hospital unless you do something like pull out a knife and start stabbing people at random or try to seriously harm yourself.

I think a counsellor could help you feel more comfortable in social situations, and even help you control your thoughts a bit better, so... you don't feel so compelled to "keep poking at things" that make you sad.

I found counselling really helpful myself, and I'm not crazy! (Hmmm... well... maybe I should let you be the judge of that!)

Turk3y5h007 said:
I feel like i'm alone in the desire the cause myself emotional distress when in little space. I will just keep poking at things til eventually i find something that makes me cry and then i poke at that until i finally get exhausted and fall asleep.
When I read this, I don't hear suicidal.

I hear, "Choose things that are hard for my Little side to handle, so I can have a big emotional catharsis, process, and sleep."

No wonder you feel called crazy. Maybe people just misunderstand your point? Then again, maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I don't think anyone was calling you crazy.

Sometimes self harm is a way to handle anxiety. I pick at my lips, nose, or scabs when I cant handle. Sounds like you are using it as a poor choice to try and handle emotion. Definitely need some tips and help on how to process better. Would sad movies, musics maybe allow you the release without the harm? Yoga and meditation calms me to a point where I can cry and process (normally in the car on the way home, I can’t seem to be comfortable enough to do it in class even though lots do).

I would worry about a time where the poking doesn’t work anymore and you escalate to something more dangerous to evoke the release.

You're right no one explicitly called me crazy. I was reading and almost everything was just about play time in little space I was wondering if it was relate able or not.
What did you honestly expect people to think here?
honestly i had no idea how it would be taken so i sat here super nervous took a deep breath and posted anyway. My first response I received was to go get help so i tried to clarify what I meant but then everyone else chimes in with the same statement. i felt so far from normal again. I felt angry that because i was different i needed help. Usually under these circumstances i lash out and make everyone hate me but i didn't this time (well maybe a little) and it worked out for the best because
SpAzpieSweeTot got exactly what i was trying to convey. I really don't want to be hated so i'm giving a brief explanation of my thoughts and actions.

Also if you think you did nothing wrong i would never want an apology maybe i chose bad words to convey my message maybe you took my words a different way. This isnt me being hostile apologizing for nothing is kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Turk3y5h007 said:
You're right no one explicitly called me crazy. I was reading and almost everything was just about play time in little space I was wondering if it was relate able or not. honestly i had no idea how it would be taken so i sat here super nervous took a deep breath and posted anyway. My first response I received was to go get help so i tried to clarify what I meant but then everyone else chimes in with the same statement. I felt so far from normal again. I felt angry that because i was different i needed help. Usually under these circumstances i lash out and make everyone hate me but i didn't this time (well maybe a little) and it worked out for the best because
SpAzpieSweeTot got exactly what i was trying to convey. I really don't want to be hated so i'm giving a brief explanation of my thoughts and actions.

Also if you think you did nothing wrong i would never want an apology maybe i chose bad words to convey my message maybe you took my words a different way. This isnt me being hostile apologizing for nothing is kind of a pet peeve of mine.

SpAzpieSweeTot is great like that. You will probably find over time that this board is a great resource for many people. No hostility was taken by the way. I am not inclined to apologies that lack meaning. I don't do small talk in real life either.

Being different doesn't mean you need help. Although I will say that I believe most people on this forum care about others who seem to be in distress. Sure they misunderstood your message, but they still took the time to respond out of concern.

I'm glad Spaziepiesweetot got what you were saying.

What is good about this interaction, is that it was a step in the right direction on removing the stigma around mental health. I lost my best friend two years ago to suicide. Smartest man I ever knew - he hid his pain very well, I had no idea he was suffering so much. I had to find out in the newspaper - he was a public figure. It was not a good day. His fiancé is still not over it, and I'll never be over it, either.

Please forgive and understand our friends above, they are only looking out for your best interests. I have benefitted from therapy, and think it is generally a good way to understand oneself and the world, so regardless of whatever your concerns are, it helps to talk to somebody. I think everyone should do it, actually - if they have a good therapist.

So, in a nutshell, whatever the misunderstanding, any opportunity to let people in general know that therapy is great and normal, and that mental health issues shouldn't be stigmatized, is a well-spent opportunity.

He was never talking physical poking. He was talking about choosing to think about, and thus, deal with, things he knows it's difficult for his Little side to handle, so he can cry things out and rest.

By, "poke at," he meant deliberately bring up.
daddyconnor said:
SpAzpieSweeTot is great like that. You will probably find over time that this board is a great resource for many people. No hostility was taken by the way. I am not inclined to apologies that lack meaning. I don't do small talk in real life either.

Being different doesn't mean you need help. Although I will say that I believe most people on this forum care about others who seem to be in distress. Sure they misunderstood your message, but they still took the time to respond out of concern.

I'm glad Spaziepiesweetot got what you were saying.
I suck at communication, and social interaction, it can take me forever to have words, that neurotypicals will understand, for what's bothering me, too much eye contact makes me not sure what to say, or I just cry, and there are days my sensory issues send me through the roof. The only thing I'm really any good at, is saying, "Oh this is a communication error, like mine. I'm not in the middle of my own communication error, so, maybe I can help," but thanks.

Last edited:
That's what I got, too. Not LITERAL actual physical poking, mental 'poking' at an idea or concept that bothers you. :p Like, if the thought of a zombie makes you scared and want to hide under the blankets, keeping thinking about a zombie coming would probably trigger you to be super-freaked out. Same thing with sad thoughts.

People took two completely different routes on this topic. 🤣

A good cry can do one good.
it gives space to practice handling emotions
I think it possible setting up in lottle space to meet and process emotion in a safe ad controlled way can be a combination of wisdom and self care.
Some people do it by watching a tear jerker type of film.

Back