am I the only one who likes my parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
i've seen a lot of posts that talk about likeing one parent or neither, but i've never seen someone say they like both of they're parents.

i'll start with my mom. she's one of the nicest, most paitent people i know. she can handle almost any problem calmly and with a normal voice. i can never tell if she's frustrated or angry, she always seems happy. she will help anyone with anything she can befor thinking about how to make her day easier.

my dad is much harder to get along with, unless you know the trick. if you get frustrated with him, and you show it, you'r not going to have a good day. so just ignore is annoying qualities, and everything good about him shows. he's dedicated to everything he works at. if he finds a problem, he will do everything in his power to fix it. i can have deep conversations with him, and it's not just him talking either. he listens to what i say, and comments on it.

I love them both, and i wouldn't have anyone else but them.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Wow, that's a pretty damn strong point you have going there. And honestly... I think you might o_O

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
Seeing as my mother is a single carer I'd be in a fair predicament if I didn't get along with my only natural parent. Being single parent I presume when we do dispute, which isn't all that often, it's usually over something petty, it's much more intense; we don't have anyone to confine in other than each other. We usually always come to some sort of agreement or compromise and patch things up. I'll be the first to admit my mum has flaws, as will she, just as all parents do, she is no saint but I love her all the same.

I can't comment on the relationship with my Father since there isn't one.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I like my parents, I just find them too protective. They want to know what I'm doing, they always worry about my security, they even searched my name on Google to see if I had any information about myself on a website.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
I love them both- but somtiems they can really irritate me.. but I guess I probably do the same, so it evens out. I'll be out of here soon enough anyway.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I like my parents, of course I don't always agree with them but they are good. When ever I need their help they're there for me and will do everything they can to help me. Though at times I find them a bit overprotective. But I'm happy with my parents and wouldn't trade them for the world.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Nice to see that not everyone has such bad relations with their relations. I'm out on my own now, but I got along very well with my folks when I was a kid. We had our disagrements, but more often than not (with the benefit of hindisght) I can see that I was the one at fault. All in all, I'm very thankful to them for the job they did in raising me and I still value their judgment, even if I don't always follow it.

We were friendly enough that I lived at home for some time after I finished school, even though I was working. I'd have been hard-pressed to find better roommates. The only real downside was having to hide my diaper stuff, and I would have likely felt the need to do that with anyone I was living with.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I get along fairly well with my mom. We have a pretty good relationship sometimes, other times we don't. Shes a great person, hard working etc...

However, I do hate her boyfriend. I never hate anyone, however him, I do.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
yeah, you're definitely not alone there, link. i adore my parents. they're so capable and intelligent and successful at everything they set their minds to! sometimes i wonder how i got lucky enough to be born to such wonderful people as them.

my mother especially is the sort of person you only have to exchange a few words with to know that you're dealing with a truly exceptional person. she's definitely one of the smartest people i know, if not the smartest. everywhere i go in town people stop me and say "hey, i know your mom. she's such an amazing person, you're really lucky to be related to her!"

i brag to my friends about how cool my parents are. it seems like so many people move away from their hometowns nowadays that a lot of my friends are really jealous of me for living in the same town as my parents. it's one of the reasons i don't have any plans to move anywhere else: they're two of my best friends and i'd be really lonely without them.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
i'm so glad that people are responding well to this thread. i had half expected rants about the bad parents.

the real reason i posted was because of my brothers. they can't stand my dad, and for stupid reasons. they just can't get along with him, even though he tries his hardest. he comes to me for advise on how to treat them because they won't talk to him. it was just kind of upseting me, and i wondered if more people were like me in understanding their parents struggle to treat them well.

i think that most teens cant understand how to look over their parents fault because they're too imiture to do so. i like how trevor put it when he said he realised later in life that most of the disputes were his fault. i'm very meture for my age (i've been called "wise beond my years" multipul times by different adults), and understood that consept when i was 10 and my older brother just started his disputes with dad.

D

daria7483

I like my parents. I think SOME of what you hear is just people griping about their parents doing something that's really best for them in the long run...as in, "my mom is SO mean, she grounded me just because I'm flunking math and I'm never going to use math anyway and my life is over if I can't go to this party, I can't wait to get away from that bitch." To be fair, I haven't heard any of that on here since I joined, but in general, a lot of times when I hear teens say they dislike their parents it is based in that.

My parents divorced when I was 2, and I grew up in my mom's house so she is the one who I mostly fought with. My dad and I get along really well, and I can only remember a handful of times when we've had disagreements, but on the other hand there's a certain distance that comes with never spending more than a few days with him at a time. My mom and I, on the other hand, have always been close but we fought a lot when I was a teenager. Most of the fights were of the "I work 14-hour days to put food on the table and you can't even be bothered to vacuum the goddamn carpet once in awhile!" variety. I remember one time I screamed "I can't wait until I go to college far away from you!" and she screamed back "neither can I!" Ah, fun times.

But yeah. I like both my parents a lot now, they're fun to hang out with, and I think they did a good job raising me. I do have to confess that it's a lot easier to like them when they both live halfway across the state though...

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
My thoughts about my parents shift. One day I love them the next I hate then but I really just want out of here i'm tired of being around them and I want to be on my own.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Eh... Some people are just born with good parents. I wasn't so lucky. :(

My mom is fine, I get along with her real well. It's just my dad.

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
My parents are pretty cool, even though their divorced, or as my dad says, my mom divorced him...

For the most part, my dad's okay, although at times he just goes into "asshole mode" where he treats me like nothing I say is of any importance, and basically just becomes a prick. Other times he's that neat guy you see on those old television shows that will help you will stuff. The only point I constantly argue with him is about my grades. I have extremely high expectations, although the lowest grade I've ever gotten was a C in Honors English I, this year. Other than that, I've had two B's in middle school, maybe one or two (with Honors classes at High School), and other than that, all A's.

My sister, on the other hand, is a normal student. She has several B's and maybe one or two A's, but many C's and high D's. For some reason it is fine for her to get a C (with a slight reprimand), and a B is just great, that's awesome for her. However, if I were to get those grades, my dad would start corresponding with my teachers about how I was doing, every week or so. He actually asked my teachers to email him every time I didn't turn something in or got a bad grade! So the expectation for me is straight A's, always. All I get is a "good job". "Good job, buddy, you're passing all your classes." or "Hey dad, my GPA is higher than a 4, isn't that great?!?" "Yeah, that's good, but what's with this C here?".

My mom, on the other hand, is just freaking awesome. We communicate without talking almost. She just lets me be me. I actually asked her about a year and a half ago if I could choose when to go to bed (after going up to my room at 9:30, 10:00 now), and she was cool with that, as long as I got up in the morning. Stuff just works out, no explaining or anything. And she's pretty happy about my grades... I feel appreciated for doing something exceptional... which is nice.

So that's my parents in a nutshell. They're very much different, which was the reason for the divorce, but I can usually get along with them okay. Somedays are worse than others, and some are better, but in the end, I'll always love them.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My parents are my best friends in the whole world. I don't need to say much more than that. I'm so very thankful for it.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
I like my parents, but...they're ignorant homophobic hypocritical idiots.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
For some reason, everyone that has met my parents, wants to be adopted by them. I have a crazy nuclear family that comes over all the time and has dinner with us.

But yeah, my parents pretty much rock.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I love both my parents. Living away from home..i tend to miss them a little. 2 more weeks 'till home for Easter:)

Status
Not open for further replies.