Am I the only one that thinks it's odd

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When people say they don't like a whole type of food that is?

For example I love cheese, and while I don't expect everyone to love cheese like I do, I find it really odd that some people have this "I hate cheese" view.

I would have to guess that they probably tried a normal, cheap type of cheese; or maybe someone had them try something really odd and they didn't like it, who knows really?

All I know is that the tastier, more expensive (aged) cheeses are soooooooo much better than your average American or Mozzerella cheese.

Take for example Asiago (to me it's like Mozzerella, but better), Gouda (smoked is amazing), Manchego (to me it's kinda like a Spanish Cheddar), Grana (like a fancy Parmesan (shaker) cheese), etc.

But OTOH these better cheeses also cost more money (up to 8-$10+ per pound), but if you use a better cheese it makes for better Pasta, Macaroni, Sandwiches, Pizza, etc.

I agree that it is odd when people say they don't like an entire type of food. So, no. You are not the only one. I had a coworker several years back that said he didn't like vegetables. I thought that was insane with the variety of vegetables available. I mean, I don't like tomatoes, but most other vegetables are amazing.

I believe that overly general statements are odd in and of themselves.

I have never met anyone that didn't like cheese though. Maybe they are allergic to lactose and simply shouldn't have it, but secretly they love it more than anything in the world. Perhaps they have had to convince themselves that they hate it to have any sort of normal, non cheese obsessed life.

They probably had a bad experience with one kind of cheese and now lump all cheeses together as tasting bad. I had some Brie and crackers for lunch today as I got home late from a doctor's appointment.

It is odd indeed. I'll eat just about anything. Hell, I've eaten raw, still-wriggling insects whole before lol. I'm like the polar opposite of a picky eater. Picky eaters annoy the living crap out of me. I'd love to throw them into a forest for a month just for their own good. Won't be long before they start discovering all kinds of new food possibilities lmao. Get hungry enough, you'll eat bugs like candy. Thirsty enough, you'll drink from a muddy creek like it's an elixir of life lol. If I ever said I didn't like something on my plate as a kid, my punishment was to get even more of it slapped on lol. Wildland firefighting helps one open their mind up to eating things they normally wouldn't; weeks of living on MREs straight in a row gets really old and food fatigue sets in so bad you gotta chow down on some grasshoppers just to get some variety in your diet lol.

Create a filter about any one group who don't tolerate any one group of food. Cheese and other dairy make a big tummy ache and or diarrhea if the person doesn't have enough lactase (enzyme) to match the lactose (sugar) or any a related problem... not being able to process fiber so most veggies make them have the big tummy ache and or diarrhea, Crohn's Disorder.

- - - Updated - - -

weeks of living on MREs straight in a row gets really old
hehehee...
Soldiers call it a Triple Lie, like Holy, Roman, Empire or Meals, Ready, To Eat.

Of course it is understandable if they have a condition that means eating specific things results in them suffering, but then it would be more along the lines of "I cant eat (or at least properly digest) dairy" not specifically "I hate cheese".

A fine aged cheese is nothing like cheap sliced cheese (which may not even be real cheese, idk about other countries, but in The United States there is fake cheese products that look like cheese, but if you look at the label it says something different and you know it's fake cheese and its especially horrible)

you know what i think is odd? how can people eat something that smells worse than old underwear. besides other french and exotic specialities cheese is the most disgusting food i can think of

Alexia said:
you know what i think is odd? how can people eat something that smells worse than old underwear. besides other french and exotic specialities cheese is the most disgusting food i can think of

Lol, very few cheeses smell really bad, I can think of 2 off the top of my head, Limburger and Stinky London

Don't stress on the fact cheese is actually rotted milk. I had sheep milk cheese recently. Only reason I haven't eaten any lately is that I'm one broke baby. Imported cheese is going up in price because our Beloved Leader has declared a trade 'war' and E.U. has an embargo on American meat and dairy. Not about pricing at all, it's about Mad Cow. Science has to bow before politics here.

For the record some of my best friends are cheese ;)

No honestly I get it, somethings really don’t work for some people, I personally can’t stand the taste, texture or smell of egg but it’s in so many things cleverly hidden that I eat (wish I could tolerate them.)

Coriander/cilantro is another thing I detest and find if I eat anything that contains it all I can taste is that chemical diet flavour.... Strangely I can’t really detect it in Tom Yum soup.

I think the worst food in the world would have to be Lutka fish. It's fermented fish that jellifies. I understand it smells horrible.

You know I wonder if the Trade War thing is why the BJs i always go to didn't have Manchego (a product of Spain) or Smoked Gouda (that one difference is huge, regular Gouda is good, but Smoked is Amazing)

BabyTyrant said:
When people say they don't like a whole type of food that is?

For example I love cheese, and while I don't expect everyone to love cheese like I do, I find it really odd that some people have this "I hate cheese" view.

I would have to guess that they probably tried a normal, cheap type of cheese; or maybe someone had them try something really odd and they didn't like it, who knows really?

All I know is that the tastier, more expensive (aged) cheeses are soooooooo much better than your average American or Mozzerella cheese.

Take for example Asiago (to me it's like Mozzerella, but better), Gouda (smoked is amazing), Manchego (to me it's kinda like a Spanish Cheddar), Grana (like a fancy Parmesan (shaker) cheese), etc.

But OTOH these better cheeses also cost more money (up to 8-$10+ per pound), but if you use a better cheese it makes for better Pasta, Macaroni, Sandwiches, Pizza, etc.

I totally agree. The processed crap you buy in a package is disgusting to me. But go to the deli and get me a quarter pound of baby swiss to snack on and I'm in baby heaven. And slices of 10 year aged sharp chedder is sooo perfect for sanwiches.

I'm also like that with canned green beans in water too. Those are disgusting to me. But buy me some raw green beans from produce and saute them in butter, and wow that's one of my favorite foods.

So yeah, I hate cheese and green beans. Thankfully I'm not so narrow minded to know I also love cheese and green beans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back