Am I the only one not getting emails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm having to constantly check on threads I've posted in to check for replies, am I the only one not getting the little email that say that a thread I'm watching has been posted in? I've checked the junk folder, nothing.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I expect it's a result of the fact that, as the Moo has already stated, not all features on the site are going to be working straight away. He has a lot of work to do to update & reinstall all of the various 'mods' that he had on the 'old' version of the forum.

In the meantime just click "New Posts" to see what threads have been added to since your last visit.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Also check your spam/bulk/junk folder in case the email got sent there, if the feature is working that is.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
LOL.

I think I zoned out by the end of the post.

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Haha ouch, I know I'm no Hemingway but even conversationally writing, I'm that boring? :p

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Noo... I didn't mean it like that...

swaddledsubbie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
*tosses a mediator bear between charlie and blue* 'dont quarrel, snuggle!'
bwahahahha nothing like a goober to throw a thread into chaos lol

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
one thing you might try is going to your profile and chosing "edit options" on the left, right under "edit profile." down a little ways there's an option for "default thread subscription mode." make sure you have it set up so that the board sends you an email when someone posts in a subscribed thread.

sorry if you knew that already. :p

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I remember moo saying something to the affect that email is not working at all right now. That is why when we registered, confirmation through email wasn't required - because no one was getting the emails! :p

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I got the e-mail just fine. But no I'm not getting any post notification mails since they're turned off for me.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I got the email too, it just took a few minutes for it to arrive in my inbox is all...no big deal there.

As for notifications...I just read what I want, click 'mark forums read', then next time click 'new posts'...and read what I want (again)! I've always done it that way, then I don't have to read the forum a hundred times a day just because someone posted something in a thread I've been following. When I come back to the forum, it's STILL there! WOW! Amazing!

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
For me the emails are just convenient because I open the email, read what's been said, and if I have anything to say back I can. If not I just toss the email.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
hmm, forum-browsing habits!

i always read my subscribed threads first, to see if anyone's replied to any of my posts specifically, since that's always the most exciting part of course.

then i go through the forums and read whatever else looks interesting. i don't usually venture into the story forums though, and on the old board i hardly ever went into the computers and games forum, and i often skipped the "thread games" "incontinence" and "babyfur" forums too.

...and this has no doubt been the most pointless post i've ever made. :D

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well I have my preferances set so I only receive emails from mods. That seems to be working though because I received a re-welcome email when I registered to ADISC. So I geuss they are working for me too.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
one thing you might try is going to your profile and chosing "edit options" on the left, right under "edit profile." down a little ways there's an option for "default thread subscription mode." make sure you have it set up so that the board sends you an email when someone posts in a subscribed thread.

sorry if you knew that already. :p
Or you can use "Subscribe to thread" - it is an option in the drop-down menu called "Thread Tools", at the top right of each thread's page.

Attachments

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've got it set up so I automatically subscribe to every thread I post in, and that I get instant email notification. I'm gonna check out the options on Thunderbird, see if for some reason it regards email from ADISC as junk and just trashes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.