Am i just paranoid?

randomDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So last time i ordered a bag of Crinklz customs inspected my package, and i have been scared of buying printed diapers, i kinda want to try order them again but im scared it will get inspected again, i have ordered Betterdry after that and thay have never been inspected by customs, so i guess my package may just have been a random pick? i do live in EU and i buy from another EU country. or am i just too paranoid about it?

I'm sure customs find all sorts of stuff, that package was likely just chosen at random / the nearest one in the warehouse when the guy walked past.

We don't live in China so no-one's making notes on what you're ordering, if the government were bothered they could see your credit card history anyway without touching your mail.

I'd be more worried about Facebook than the government.

Reactions: mayhem and Seasonedcitizen
I'm not sure why you would be worried about having customs see a package. They don't know why you ordered it and aren't going to keep tabs on who ordered some printed adult diapers, so many of which are shipped around every day. I'm sure they've seen much weirder things like sex toys, sex dolls, etc. and are really only worried about anything that's illegal (drugs, weapons, etc.). From what I've heard they wouldn't even bat an eye at it and probably saw many weirder things that day

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Most likely your package got selected for random screening, which happens regularly. If there's nothing illegal in the box, then you have nothing to worry about. They're not going to call your mom if that's what you're worried about; seriously, they don't care.

Yeah, it's just paranoia on your part. I get it but there isn't much point to it.

I once had a UPS delivery man leave a large box of girl's Goodnites I had ordered, right on my front step. It was from a third party vendor and they simply stuck the address label on the Goodnites box. Anybody driving by could have seen the box....sigh.

Where was this from? Next time you order, request discreet shipping, or don't use that 3rd party website again.

Yes, you're just paranoid. Nobody there has the resources to do anything other than chuckle to themselves when they inspect the package. Considering the crazy stuff they see on a daily basis, it's probably not even chuckle worthy.

It gets easier. I used to order from a company that packaged them in clear plastic. I was horrified the first time but got used to the odd look I would get from the delivery man. I have since found a better product that comes in a plane boxes

I wear crinklz or betterdry 24/7 I ordered 10 cases a few weeks ago 7 crinklz and 3 betterdry so my I do think I should have reversed the numbers but I do enjoy the printed aquanaught design for a change from plain white diapers. If you think shipments are embarrassing wait till you go through a bag check at security or when leaving a store 😀. I am kidding of course no one has batted an eye when they checked my back pack or when the box has opened a bit and you could clearly see the package contained diaper.

people noticing your diapers is something you will get use to and you will stop worrying about it once you accept diapers are part of your life and will probably be for the rest of your life when you deal with incontinence (you cant stay stressed for the rest of your life)

Customs get far far worse than people's weird sex toys - drugs, illegal meat, smuggled animals, weapons, dangerous chemicals, you name it... they're probably pretty glad to inspect your package and find nothing of any danger or note.

Also, regarding shameful boxes, I'll tell a story I've told here before;
I ordered a load of car parts once from a big online seller and they arrived at my work boxed in a huge (recycled) Tena box, with FULL embarrassing description of the contents emblazoned all over it and the security guy on reception more than a bit amused at what was apparently a massive box of adult incontinence products (even if it DID weigh an unfeasible amount and clanked when moved) with all my colleagues coming & going past it before I could get down to collect it.
So, embarrassing yes but I realised what it was and made a joke of it, and have stored that one away for future use "Ha ha, I ordered a <pick plausible thing you might order> and they've packed it in this box, that could take some explaining in the wrong situation, ha ha!"

Or you can just choose the modern excuse of eBay/Amazon picking the wrong thing - "Ha ha, I ordered a book and they've shipped me someone's diapers, must've switched the labels or something, you couldn't make it up!"

Yes your paranoid the real question are you paranoid enough and just because your paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you.

chamberpot said:
Yes your paranoid the real question are you paranoid enough and just because your paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you.
I really don't think that's helpful at all in this situation

In most Developed Countries (The United States, Countries in Europe, ect) Diapers are not on their radar of "Forbidden/Dangerous items"

Might they look into another one of your packages of diapers in the future?

Yes they might

Is it the end of the world? Definitely not

Even if they do look through another Package of Diapers that is going to you they will realize it's not what they are supposed to find and they will move on

Customs job is to look for Counterfeit items (items that violate the Intellectual Property of some expensive brand of clothes/shoes/watches; etc) Drugs, and any otherwise forbidden items (such as FireArms)

Diapers as a Medical Item (regardless of if they have a Print on them) are not a forbidden item; no need to worry

They are not going to go like "hey, these look like Fun Diapers, that is forbidden; let's go find the owner and Arrest them"

It's just not gonna happen

Last edited:
Did something happen as a result of the inspection? Was it confiscated? I haven't heard of any diaper sellers putting anything illegal in there boxes so I don't think you should be worried.

Are you sure it was customs? Parcels shipped within EU are not checked by customs.
Only when you order something from outside the EU.

Unless you're from the UK, i don't know if Brexit is in effect already.

What probably happened like i once had is that the sorting center of the Carrier inspected it for damages , once I received a taped up box because it arrived severely damaged in the sorting center, they removed a bottle of disinfectant washing gel that was damaged and leaked in the whole box, then they filled it with foam bits to protect the rest. They added a note explaining this.

Last edited:
From what all of you say i feel more sure that im just paranoid, one thing i forgot i think scared me the most was the the lady at the pickup point said " wow this is heavy what have you ordered?" i just replyed computer parts pretty quickly.

as alot of you have said thay get much more random things in daily

winterheart01 said:
Are you sure it was customs? Parcels shipped within EU are not checked by customs.
Only when you order something from outside the EU.

Unless you're from the UK, i don't know if Brexit is in effect already.

What probably happened like i once had is that the sorting center of the Carrier inspected it for damages , once I received a taped up box because it arrived severely damaged in the sorting center, they removed a bottle of disinfectant washing gel that was damaged and leaked in the whole box, then they filled it with foam bits to protect the rest. They added a note explaining this.

Yes im sure, there was blue tape saying "inspected by customs" plus a note insite saying "your package has been inspected by customs"

randomDL said:
From what all of you say i feel more sure that im just paranoid, one thing i forgot i think scared me the most was the the lady at the pickup point said " wow this is heavy what have you ordered?" i just replyed computer parts pretty quickly.

as alot of you have said thay get much more random things in daily

Yes im sure, there was blue tape saying "inspected by customs" plus a note insite saying "your package has been inspected by customs"

It really doesn't matter what you ordered as long as it isnt illegal and it isnt

They cant Ban diapers and appearance doesn't matter, you (hopefully) wear clothes over your diapers

It is also not anybody's job to find out what is in the package as long as Customs has done their job, realize it isn't what they are paid to look for (weapons, drugs, counterfeit watches, shoes, Purses, clothing, etc) and moves on

You are freaking out thinking something bad is gonna happen

Customs is just going through random packages they think may be hiding illegal items; happened across yours, opened it; and found out it wasn't what they NEED to look for and moved on

You should move on from this too, enjoy your Diapers, and RELAX

We've had DHL demand to inspect packages before they collect them to check for contraband, except when the driver can't be arsed and wanders off with a box that was deliberately left open for him :mad:

If customs chose your package for any reason other than randomly it's probably just because the size/shape is suitable for shipping something illcit or it looked unfamiliar to them as it went through the X-ray machine.

As I said, customs have seen it all and worse, and they won't make any record of anything if it's not illegal.

Back