Am I Experiencing Diaper Rash From Prolonged Wearing or What?

ABDElsa

TheFrozenABDL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I need your help here ADISC Community. I'm experiencing rashes/bumps around my crotch, inner thighs near crotch, and my backside, though not as bad on my backside. I'm not about to ask my doctor about it because then I'll have to tell them I've been wearing Diapers for fun, to which they'll probably tell me to stop. As you may or may not know, I'm on an ABDL Housesiting vacation. Since Sunday I've been wearing, wetting, and messing Diapers non-stop.

Now all-of-a-sudden I'm experiencing major skin irritation in the form of rashes and bumps! Could the bumps just be pimples, or is this some form of Diaper rash? 🤔 And if so, explain to me how I managed to get Diaper rash when I have changing immediately after messing, or after 2-3 wettings, and have been using the most sensitive and gentle products to prevent it?! I've got J&J Baby Powder, Diaper Cream with no scent, and plant-based Huggies Baby wipes all of which say dermatologist recommend.

After every change before putting on a new Diaper I rub the Diaper Cream all around my crotch, inner thighs and backside, then I open the Diaper and pour powder in it, Diaper up, and pour a bit more powder down the front and back of my Diaper so as to have it on my skin and not just the Diaper. All my life I've basically had Baby sensitive skin to the point where my parents had to cut off the tags on the back of my shirts, and be very careful about what detergent and body was they bought me. But you would think if my skin is sensitive like a Baby's (possibly due to my Autism) then products designed for Baby's with even more sensitive skin should be able to protect me from Diaper rash the same way it does for a Baby.

I long for prolonged Diaper wearing when I eventually have my own place and can be like those of you ABDLs that wear Diapers all the time at home! However, this experience and skin problem I'm experiencing could be a sign that being Autisc and having sensory issues and sensitive skin means I cannot handle prolonged Diaper wearing even with Powders and Creams. 🙁 Could really use some advice on this ADISC community.

I've included some pictures to better illustrate what's going on because as they say a picture's worth a thousand words. I'd appreciate you guys looking at them in a professional manner to help me deduce what's going on. These are not for arousal and I am only posting these because I'm desperate, so moderators please don't moderate my account for these, please be understanding. Those of you that have experienced this is it Diaper rash, pimples, or something else? How do you go about treating it? Don't say Powder and Cream because as you saw I did that and it still didn't work. Please offer any kind of help you can based on your own Diaper experiences.

Like I said consulting my Doctor is the last thing I wanna do because I feel this is self diagnosable, I'm 90% sure it's from my prolonged Diaper wearing these past few days. Besides if I go to my doctor she'll ask what's changed recently (different detergent, body wash, underwear (based on the rash placement)) at which point I'll have no choice but to tell her about the Diapers. And let's be honest, no ABDL who's not incontinent wants to tell their Doctor they wear Diapers for non-medical reasons.

So, I'm really in a jam here and could really use the love and support of the ADISC community to find out what the heck is going on with my body right now. I feel like Josh from that one episode of Drake and Josh.
Whats+wrong+with+my+body_25803f_6129137.jpg
Anyways, please help and stay Diapered ADISC Community, unless it's causing a rash/bumps like me, in which case...maybe take the Diaper off for a day or two. 😂
-ABDElsa ❄️🍼
abdelsafinal-png.75223

Pics:
Products I'm using
IMG_20230802_014704716.jpg
Crotch
IMG_20230802_014752804~2.jpg
Inner Thigh
IMG_20230802_015328628~2.jpg
Backside
IMG_20230802_015021132~2.jpg
Figure of a Man with Irritated Places Circled (I realize the extreme close-ups to avoid nudity might be a bit hard to make out exactly where these rashes/bumps have formed hope this drawing helps)
Picsart_23-08-02_02-43-01-907.jpg

Reactions: Diprs2 and Seasonedcitizen
Looks like good old nappy rash to me.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, newAB43, Seasonedcitizen and 2 others
Yeah from those pics I'd says it's a diaper rash.

For a start I'd have to say stop pouring powder everywhere, it is not meant to be used like that and will not prevent rashes, using excessively like this is more likely to cause them as it stops the diaper doing it job and keeping urine away from the skin.

Powder really isn't needed this day and age unless you are actually washing at each change and need to dry off and even then only a little is needed.

Second the baby oil is meant more for keeping skin moisturised and nourished, while it can help to create a barrier for diaper rash that's not its use, it can also be used for infants still on milky to make cleaning sticky poos easier.

You need to get a good rash treatment cream and use that with the correct amount (don't lather it on most creams should be almost invisible after spreading), also let it air for a bit uncovered to clear it up and then use a proper barrier cream to prevent further rashes.

The skin changes over time, I used to get maybe one or two rashes a year with long, long times in wet and messy diapers, but nowadays if I'm in a soiled one more than and hour my skin gets sore.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Joediaper, newAB43 and 2 others
Belarin said:
Yeah from those pics I'd says it's a diaper rash.

For a start I'd have to say stop pouring powder everywhere, it is not meant to be used like that and will not prevent rashes, using excessively like this is more likely to cause them as it stops the diaper doing it job and keeping urine away from the skin.

Powder really isn't needed this day and age unless you are actually washing at each change and need to dry off and even then only a little is needed.

Second the baby oil is meant more for keeping skin moisturised and nourished, while it can help to create a barrier for diaper rash that's not its use, it can also be used for infants still on milky to make cleaning sticky poos easier.

You need to get a good rash treatment cream and use that with the correct amount (don't lather it on most creams should be almost invisible after spreading), also let it air for a bit uncovered to clear it up and then use a proper barrier cream to prevent further rashes.

The skin changes over time, I used to get maybe one or two rashes a year with long, long times in wet and messy diapers, but nowadays if I'm in a soiled one more than and hour my skin gets sore.
So, you're saying my Powder and Cream are basically useless? They are also what is causing my rash? So, am I to just not use these things at all?! Not even to pour powder in the Diaper?! And what's the point of the cream then if not to prevent rashes but just keep my skin moistured and nourished?! When and where should I use it then? I'm so confused. The things I thought were supposed to prevent Diaper Rash are actually causing it!

Also What kind of rash treatment cream? Any brand names? Do they make cream specifically for Diaper Rash?

Reactions: Diprs2
Sorry very long post ahead, but to answer all those questions...

ABDElsa said:
So, you're saying my Powder and Cream are basically useless?
No they have uses just not the ones most people think.

I've said it before a few times but baby powder was created in a time where there were no disposables (diapers or wipes) so during a diaper change a parent would have to use a cloth soaked in water (or a water/soap mix), this would leave the skin very clean but also quite wet. Using a towel to rub a baby dry is not good as vigorous rubbing can damage their thinner sensitive skin and patting dry isn't as effective so baby powder was invented.

You would sprinkle a little into your hand (not directly on the baby or it may cloud up and be breathed in which is dangerous) and then gently rub it over the baby's skin where they are wet from cleaning to dry them off trying not to leave loose powder on them, very little is needed.

As time went on and disposables were invented along with wet wipes which are chemically formulated to hydrate the skin and balance PH levels against urine so it is fine for the area to be left damp. Baby powder has become basically pointless. Any good medical or child health care practitioner will tell you it is not recommended these days certain powders have even been found to be carcinogenic (though most use corn starch now which is ok).

People still use it however simply because it is an old habit that has been around so long now they kinda believe it is more important than it is. The problem is that because we don't need it for the same reasons we used to people have forgotten how to use it properly and in what quantities.

The baby oil actually still has more of a purpose than the powder it is basically like a moisturising cream that an adult might use on their hands/face. When a baby is cleaned up or in a diaper, wet or dry, the natural oils that are found on human skin get removed/reduced by the diaper and the urine so the skin dries out and becomes flaky which allows bacteria in and makes rashes easier to form.

The baby oil contains nutrients to nourish the skin as well as enhancing the natural oily barrier found on the skin. This helps to keep the skin softer and healthier which does help in a round about way to prevent rashes and infection but will not prevent them entirely especially if, unlike a baby who gets changed frequently, you are sitting around for prolonged periods in a used diaper.

ABDElsa said:
They are also what is causing my rash?
No, not really. They may not be what caused the rash (sitting around in one used diaper after another is the biggest cause even if cleaning well) but they are certainly not helping to prevent it, especially if you are simply sprinkling the powder over the inside of the diaper before putting it on and then pouring more down the front and back.

Here's a test for you.
Get a coffee filter, pour a load of baby powder into it and then tip a couple of cups of water in there. Let it all filter through and leave it to drain completely for a bit. Now carefully open up that filter and gently scrape the residue off, pick up that paste and rub it in your hands for a bit. This is basically what is happening in your diaper, it will feel gritty and slightly rough.

It will be irritating the skin down there but more than that it clogs up the diaper fabrics making them less effective at wicking and rather than water, that powder is soaked in urine and all the bacteria it holds and is now sitting directly on your skin as the powder/paste won't move through the fabric.

ABDElsa said:
So, am I to just not use these things at all?!
As with most things you can use them just fine if you use them correctly.
I personally don't bother with oils on a diaper change, though I do apply moisturising cream down there at times when I feel a bit dry. I also like a bit of powder, I do however use reusable wet wipes a lot so I will use a very small amount of powder to dry off with and will rub/blow any excess off the skin before putting the diaper on and I will never just sprinkle it into a diaper.
ABDElsa said:
Not even to pour powder in the Diaper?!
I, as many do, love the scent of baby powder but if I am using powder for any reason other than to dry off, it won't go in the diaper but instead rubbed into my hands and arms or around my neck/shoulders/armpits/chest so that I can still get the scent without the downsides of having too much in a diaper.

ABDElsa said:
And what's the point of the cream then if not to prevent rashes but just keep my skin moistured and nourished?!
See above, I had to look up the brand as it was a new one to me but the cream you have in the photo is a form of baby oil, reading through the ingredients and write up on their web page it is just a moisturiser and is not intended to prevent or heal rashes.
ABDElsa said:
When and where should I use it then?
That kind of oil/cream can be used before putting a diaper on or at any time you won't be diapered and just want to hydrate the skin (for an infant it may be used after a bath for instance to replace the natural oils you have washed off), but if applying to to your diaper area it is best used when you have no rash.

ABDElsa said:
Also What kind of rash treatment cream? Any brand names? Do they make cream specifically for Diaper Rash?
Yes they do make specific creams for both curing a rash (a treatment cream) which most often contain zinc oxide, and also for helping to prevent it (a barrier cream).

Brands vary by country, in the UK Sudocrem is the no.1 recommended cream for treatment but is best used on mild to moderate rash, for a severe rash (especially if skin is broken and bleeding) Metanium (which has titanium dioxide) is a godsend. Barrier creams are more a personal taste thing as they basically all do the same job.

Not sure you can get those in the states though but brands I've heard are good over there include:
Desitin, Tripple paste ointment, Aquaphor baby healing ointment, Balmex and A&D cream for treatment.

As for barrier creams over there I don't really know though I hear Balmex does a barrier cream as well. Best bet is to go into a drug store and speak to a pharmacist, just simply tell them you have a baby that has developed a diaper rash, it's not severe but you are looking for recommendations for a good treatment as well as a barrier cream and they will help you pick something suitable out, that is actually designed for those tasks.

Hope this helps, rashes are not fun.

• Wow
Reactions: KendallP, Prillprillprill, Diprs2 and 3 others
diaper rash +heat rash

take a shower then don't diaper up
air out everything for a long while
sit on a soaker pad if needed
get a good zinc oxide cream like sudocrem
rub in to entire diaper area

repeat daily

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, OnePiece, Jorelaxed and 2 others
SparkyDog said:
diaper rash +heat rash

take a shower then don't diaper up
air out everything for a long while
sit on a soaker pad if needed
get a good zinc oxide cream like sudocrem
rub in to entire diaper area

repeat daily
Will do thanks

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jorelaxed
I swear I get a rash from NOT wearing

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2 and ABDElsa
Belairn is on point on this one. I have just one thing to add and have experienced it myself.

Clogged pores.

Oils and creams and powders can clog and irritate pores and seem like a rash. Given the bumps on you are fairly spread out and somewhat small I believe this might be part of what you are experiencing.

Since you say you are changing immediately after a poo and every couple hours I would recommend not using any kind of cream at all. Let your skin breath for a few days and see if it clears up.

You should only fear a rash if you are spending longer than 30 minutes in a poopy diaper. If you pee after the poo that could be cut down to only 15 minutes depending on how sensitive your skin is.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, ABDElsa and Belarin
Joediaper said:
Belairn is on point on this one. I have just one thing to add and have experienced it myself.

Clogged pores.

Oils and creams and powders can clog and irritate pores and seem like a rash. Given the bumps on you are fairly spread out and somewhat small I believe this might be part of what you are experiencing.

Since you say you are changing immediately after a poo and every couple hours I would recommend not using any kind of cream at all. Let your skin breath for a few days and see if it clears up.

You should only fear a rash if you are spending longer than 30 minutes in a poopy diaper. If you pee after the poo that could be cut down to only 15 minutes depending on how sensitive your skin is.
Good to know thanks. I actually usually pee while I'm pooping. Because when pushing I end up peeing at the same time, not on purpose, it just happens.

Last edited:
U should not stay in a mess for too long and change wet diapers regulary, its a rest product of the body it wants to eject because its no good anymore after all.

Back