Am I depressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Things have taken a turn for the worse for me, behavior-wise.

I never really want to do anything constructive.

I am skipping class more often than I ever have (and much more than I should.).

I am always feeling sort of tired and I just suffer from a general disinterest in anything.

Am I suffering from depression?

Role
Diaper Lover
Sounds like your suffering from a case of what I'm normally like.

Odds are yes, I wish I could help more. Has anything bad happened lately, or did this just happen?

Role
It sounds like maybe you are... I'm no shrink or doctor or anything but maybe you are.. And maybe you should get checked out and stuff.. They could put you on meds that'll help *nod* Sorry I'm not much help

Role
It hasn't been anything huge, I think the stress of life is just getting to me.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other

I am always feeling sort of tired and I just suffer from a general disinterest in anything.

It dose sound like you are depressed, have you tried talking to your family, or a docter. Sometimes all it takes it talking..Trust me I would know I did the stupidest thing in my life because I never talked about things like this. I may make a thread on it, but i am not to sure about it cause its a tuochey subject.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I'd call that classic depression. You just feel drained and like blah all the time. Like you have to drag yourself around. I'd say talk to a school councilor about it... your parents are likely to think you are just being lazy.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent

Well, I'm no doctor, but based on what you have said here, it sure sounds like you have depression. Depression is serious, and it shouldn't be shrugged off. You've had a lot going on lately, and I'm sure all of that plays into how your feeling.

I think the best advice anyone can give you, is to see a doctor/psychologist about it..

Last edited:

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
What they said, it may just be stress but I would talk to someone (family countsler) just to be safe.

Hope everything works out. :)

Role
Diaper Lover
I don't think that taking time off would be a good idea without talking to a Counselor or Psychologist first.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Depression is often misunderstood.
Many people think that "depressed" just means "very sad". This is wrong.

Sadness is like water. It builds up inside of you, but you can let it out by crying.
When someone is sad, they are usually sad because of something that happened in the past.
Sadness is temporary. Like water, it comes and it goes, sometimes very quickly.

Depression is like a vacuum.
You can't just "let it out", because, being a vacuum, there is nothing to let out.
Depressed people don't care about the past or the present.
Why? Because they have given up hope for the future.
They accept that their future will be bad, either full of pain, or full of failure.
They feel unable to do anything about it. They are resigned to feeling hopeless.
Just as sound cannot travel through a vacuum, the vacuum inside a depressed person encases them in a wall of silence.
They isolate themselves, for they are in great pain, and have given up any hope of other people helping them.
Depression does not come and go easily. It creeps up on you over a period of time, and takes awhile to heal. Even after healing, it can come back if you are not careful.

If you feel tired all the time, lack interest in anything (apathy), and generally feel unable to move forward in life, then yes, it might well be depression. I would advise seeing a doctor about it.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
What pretty much everyone else said...none of us are psychiatrists/psychologists or even doctors...but...the best advice is see your family doctor...tell him/her how you've been feeling...he/she will make the diagnosis whether you are depressed or just lazy. ;)

Better safe than sorry, I always say.

D

daria7483

If you are a college student, and since you're 20 I'm assuming you are, your university may offer free mental health services through its student health department. I would highly recommend scheduling an appointment ASAP. Like others have said, it sounds like you have classic depression symptoms and even if you aren't clinically depressed a psychologist can help you get to the bottom of why you're so unmotivated.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't believe so. You can have times in your life where you are sad and down like that, it's normal and it happens to everyone. It's likely not depression, it never is half the time people (especially doctors) are just quick to say it is. Doctors hand out antidepressants like lollies because they have no idea. Depression is overdiagnosed. People here are not psychologists either, and are not qualified to tell you if you are depressed or not, nor are they qualified to give advice. If you think you are depressed you should speak to a psychologist that is qualified to tell you so.

care_a_lot

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I'm curious as to a few things...have you ever felt this way before?
Do you ever look forward to anything happening?
Do you do anything outside of uni? Sometimes getting involved in some kind of sport or other activity can help a lot with these problems. Also I would suggest talking to a counsellor at the uni if possible.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I feel the same way sometimes. I know I'm not really getting anywhere in life at the moment. I don't really have much motivation either. My friends stopped caring about me after we graduated. I also have yet to find love. I'd prefer for that to happen sometime before I'm an old man (assuming some random terrible thing doesn't kill me before then) ....And I just generally suck at developing a social life.

It's possible that the world just sucks. I'm inclined to believe that half of the time. I'm not saying good stuff doesn't happen, but just in general that the world sucks. Intolerance, greed, hate, indifference.... just some of the good stuff we're all forced to deal with every day. But hey, I'm on this planet for the good stuff that happens in between all that crap, I suppose. It's usually worth it. So try to focus on the good stuff as much as possible. The world is an amazing, beautiful place when the mind is not focused on how much it sucks.

Anyway, try spending some time with friends. If that doesn't work, then consider talking to a therapist/counselor/whatever. Just stay busy and try not to dwell on the depression.... it usually only makes it worse. Make sure a lot or at least some of that being busy is due to having fun and doing things you like.

Last edited:

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
It does sound a bit like a depression, or just general fatigue and lack of motivation. At any rate, I'd be surprised if it was not related to your recent decision (or are you still thinking about it?) to take a year off college.
I'll follow the others and suggest you see some professional about your feelings, and I strongly urge you to do it as soon as possible, as it'll probably take you some time to overcome your problems. Your best option would be to get rid of that depression before you have to make final arrangements to go back to college in August/September. Otherwise you may lose a whole year when you find out - after getting rid of your depression - that your decision to take some time off college was just a part of your lack of motivation and that you want to go on, but then have to wait a year because the semester has already started.

Peachy

Role
Private

Okay...

Nope! I'm feeling rather the same right now and I am also taking a year off university.

Because you don't have anything on your plate - no obligations - you tend to get yourself stuck into this little ditch where you aren't quite happy about it, but you couldn't be bothered to do anything about it.

I believe your feelings are stemming from the fact you aren't used to doing nothing. When I started taking time off, I felt depressed and a little concerned about it. But I realised it was because I have nothing to wake up for in the morning! Back when I was studying, it was my life. Something that I did everyday that gave me mental stimulation.

My suggestion is to simply take up a hobby. Even something as basic as learning a new program on the computer can give you the motivation and workout your mind is so desperately craving.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
i am currently diagnosed with depression and can relate to this. I, too am taking a "leave of absence" from college, but i have lined up another school to try out in the mean time. This is all because i ran out of my meds, and the changes really startled me. I have had this since middle school and began treatment in high school. I felt withdrawn from the world and felt useless in life. I isolated myself from usual activities and it began to take its toll on me and my family. I got help and im doing much better as of now. These symtopms you described are commonly link with depression, but i dont have a degree in psychology, so +1 for seeing a professional about this. It could be just stress of college or it could be a lack of interest in your field of study. Either way, there is help out there, don't give up, you have a whole lifetime of opportunities to look forward to!

Role
Diaper Lover
I am curious Lukie and Manv, why would you take a year off, I know if I took a year off, chances are I wouldn't go back, lack of motivation, even though I know I must get a college required job if I want to be teh happay, At least IMO.

I'll have summer breaks, that will be enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.