Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I'm looking to get to the bottom of this šŸ¤”

What constitutes a furry these days? Is it the fursona? The artwork? Or simply self identity within a community? Maybe it's the cons?

I'd imagine any furry could pick and choose where they fit on the scale but I don't know what's generally the definition.

For example, I've never been in a position where I've wanted a fursona but I sure as hell love the artwork the community produces. I've always loved cartoons and animation in general, but I do love those with animal characters especially. I think Zootopia kind of solidified my feelings on the idea. I even tried VRChat for the first time and picked out a cool dragon avatar that I liked.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueDude

IcyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
If you want to identify as furry then thats up to you even if others have the opinion you are. Personally I started feeling that I was a furry after reading many furry genre comics and it solidified at Twokinds comic šŸ˜»

I just craved to get involved with the community at that point and even made myself a tail to pin on. Itā€™s a feeling similar to little space for me because I can open up being more fun wearing cuter things like paws etc.
If you ever go to a convention then youā€™ll have a new world of appreciation and fun open up to you. Especially midwest fur fest which has had a big ABDL presence this year.

Itā€™s often the little things that make you feel different about the furry community. There is good and bad reputation in the public eye but if youā€™re not causing harm thereā€™s nothing to feel bad about. Its all about the enjoyment participating and getting to know more about the art etc.
Personal choice.

• Love
Reactions: Nulemion, Cottontail and Oaktree

Nulemion

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
If you want more reference material, check out Furry 101.

Reactions: Wondercrinkee and Oaktree