am I a furry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Private
I've questioned this to myself before but I thought this would be the perfect place to ask

okay I...
  • wear cat ears and tale on occasion
  • like anthromorphic characters (especially cats)
  • draw anthromorphs
  • like Loveless <3 Ritsuka (cat eared boy from a yaoi >.> you haven't lived until youve read it)
  • all my life I loved to play kitty cat with my friends and family
  • i have collections of cat things
  • no fur suit
  • no cons

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Only you can answer that kind of question :/
It's like asking, am I into x kind of music? A question that isn't defined by what you wear or how you act, but by how you feel deep inside.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
curiousitykitten said:
  • like anthromorphic characters (especially cats)
If by like you mean 'fan of' then yes.

Neko characters aren't anthropomorphic, hence entirely irrelevant.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Private
Allright, there have been a few threads like this, and I hope I can reply correctly.

Well, the furry thing is just a lable, same as the infantilism thing. There are many different levels, but all of them end up falling under the same lable, furry. In reality, the lable streaches so far that no one can really tell you that you are one, you get to decide for yourself. Take me for example. I love the furries, love their pictures, I wouldn't mind roll playing as an animal either, yet I still don't classify myself as a furry. You can call yourself whatever you want, but no one here is going to tell you that you are one or not, because there really is no answer.

I forgot who said this but, "Lables are for soup cans"

Wow, two people beat me too it. That stinks. There was no comments when I started typing this.

Role
  1. Private
okie dokie

>.> i dont know much about the furry culture >.>

its earth week and my school is having favorite animal day ^____^ im so gona wear either my car or leopard ears

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Here's a little tip: If you have to ask, then you're probably not. ;)

You're only a furry if you think you are.

--The Silent Assassin--

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
Here's a little tip: If you have to ask, then you're probably not. ;)

You're only a furry if you think you are.

--The Silent Assassin--

It isn't out of line to ask for affirmation.

Furries cry ''the fandom doesn't have a set definition'' at every opportunity, that can cause some confusion for people who're on the fence.

I agree at the end of the day you decide whether you want to brand yourself as a furry, along with every negative associated with that tag.

Educate yourself first.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
Fandoms are subcultures.

I didn't say otherwise.

I personally don't consider it a subculture since the fandom can't (or should I say won't) decide what factors unify the group. Ask 5 different furries what the fandom is, get 7 different answers, right?

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
I didn't say otherwise.

I personally don't consider it a subculture since the fandom can't (or should I say won't) decide what factors unify the group. Ask 5 different furries what the fandom is, get 7 different answers, right?

Ask 5 different people what society is, you'll get the same thing.

One of the problem with furs is the concentration. Theres not a lot of us, so shit spreads.... quick, there is also no leadership; just like any other fandom.

F

Falkio

Curiosity Kitten:

That fits the description of a furry quite well, but you alone must willfully make the commitment. Look at it this way: there are "fandoms", or groups consisting of supporters and hobbyists, and then there are "fetishes and kinks", which I consider to be more enduring and better integrated into your personality. Just because you like Star Trek doesn't mean you are in love with the characters. Maybe you just like it because its an awesome show? Obviously, at that point, you've committed yourself to that fandom. At least in my case, being a furry did not appeal to me at first. It wasn't something that came about naturally like TB/DL. I joined for the art and socialization. I received all the proper encouragement, of course.

If it feels natural, then become a furry. Your life doesn't change, and you will have one more thing in common with the greater majority of ADISC. Since I became a furry, I started annoying my friend Wolfy! That alone made it worth while. :D

M

Mako

Everyones already nailed that only you can decide to associate yourself with the fandom, and it can be in the way you choose. The fandom covers a vast variety of things, and can be expressed or enjoyed in multiple ways.
I know the fandom seems big and intimidating, which why a lot of people and possibly yourself feel like you have to ask permission to join like some exclusive club. Don't let any elitist furs put you down. Plenty of room under the umbrella.

bordendazed

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
If it feels good, is not hurting yourself or others, and violates no laws of society or culture, that it's perfectly EXCELLENT!

D

Deleted member 221

i say that considering what you have written that you are a furry, but only if you think you are, i know i am :p

ash grey wolf/fox hybrid ftw ! :p

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
I started annoying my friend Wolfy

Yeah, you do annoy me alot. :tongueout:

I agree with what Mako has said in his post.

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
DON'T DO IT! THE FANDOM IS AN EVIL PLACE! EVILLLLL!!!

You seem to enjoy acting or being like a furry without all the social mess that the fandom is. There's no real reason for you to delve into the fandom unless you really want to examine how deep your animal connections go.

Status
Not open for further replies.