Alyne pull-ons: snap, crackle, pop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

californiakid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I’ve been on the hunt for a decent pull-on style diaper. While I much prefer tabbed-diapers, I’ve been looking for a more stealthy option to wear to work; something that comes off and goes back on easily, in the stall of a busy public restroom, without the loud rip of tabs drawing suspicion from colleagues.

I noticed NorthShore started carrying a new brand, Alyne, and thought I’d give them a shot. I ordered a sample pack of 2 (thanks, NS!), and received ‘em in the mail a few days later.

Upon unfolding one of these new diapers, I thought it looked pretty good. They’re blue, with a nice sort of woven texture. Not clinical at all in appearance. The pad seemed very thin, but also wide/long enough for decent coverage. I tried it on, and found the fit comfortable. Medium fit my 32” waist well.

Then I peed, and, as the diaper absorbed fluid, my hopes for discretion evaporated. The absorbent core is made up of diamond-shaped pods which, I kid you not, produce an audible crackling sound as fluid enters. It was very strange. Imagine a bowl of Rice Krispies just after you’ve poured the milk. My spouse and I couldn’t help but laugh at the strange (and not at all discrete) sounds coming from my crotch.

Once wet, the absorbent core became somewhat stiff and uncomfortable. Applying a bit of pressure made another, louder popping sound as those absorbent pods appeared to collapse. Think bubble wrap.

Thankfully I also ordered a sample of NorthShore’s GoSupreme pull-on, which has a more snug fit, a far more comfortable absorbent core, better absorbency, and – most importantly – no crackling sounds. I only wish they came in a pattern or color other than solid white.

Has anyone else tried Alyne pull-ons yet? What’d you think? Any other pull-ons I should try?

I recently tried the Alyne pullups as well and needless to say I was impressed. I will agree with you the popping is quite audible and definately feels a little weird when its absorbing. Peronsally I dont feel the new padding design works well for a pullup. However, I would be very interested if the company were to introduce a high capacity tape on diaper. The design of the padding, though a little weird, does an excellent job of whicking and distributing wetness. I think the application of said technology would be better applied to a high end brief than a, lets face it, granny pant esk, loose, pullup.

That almost makes me want to order a sample just to hear the "popping" :)

nightfox320 said:
However, I would be very interested if the company were to introduce a high capacity tape on diaper.

Agreed! Their absorption tech would be much more compelling in a high-capacity brief, where performance is a higher priority than discretion. They hold a lot, given how thin they are at first. And they hold it really well – I didn’t have any press-out leaks.

californiakid said:
Thankfully I also ordered a sample of NorthShore’s GoSupreme pull-on, which has a more snug fit, a far more comfortable absorbent core, better absorbency, and – most importantly – no crackling sounds. I only wish they came in a pattern or color other than solid white.

We are working on adding color options for GoSupreme, but they likely won't be available until second half of 2019. First up is a lower absorbency/price version called GoSupreme Lite which should be available in early 2019 if not a little sooner.

bnet said:
That almost makes me want to order a sample just to hear the "popping" :)

I was thinking the same thing. Took a look at NS, and wow are those things low cut. Might as well be a thong with how low and narrow that padding comes up too. No thanks, I'll pass.

when can they make them wider in the paddin in the back and front of pullups

NorthShoreAdam said:
We are working on adding color options for GoSupreme, but they likely won't be available until second half of 2019. First up is a lower absorbency/price version called GoSupreme Lite which should be available in early 2019 if not a little sooner.

Those will be on my try list for sure... is the plan to have similar padding coverage? Most other pullups have very poor rear coverage. While not necessary, that makes it rather uncomfortable in my opinion - so I hope they have the same cut overall.

californiakid said:
The absorbent core is made up of diamond-shaped pods which, I kid you not, produce an audible crackling sound as fluid enters. It was very strange. Imagine a bowl of Rice Krispies just after you’ve poured the milk. My spouse and I couldn’t help but laugh at the strange (and not at all discrete) sounds coming from my crotch.
Has anyone else tried Alyne pull-ons yet? What’d you think? Any other pull-ons I should try?

May be they're using Rice Crispies... ;-)

I would say, that worth it to order them. Only to hear and feel it. I never saw or heard something wetting a pullup or a diaper.

Crispy crunchy crackly cloudpants!

bnet said:
Those will be on my try list for sure... is the plan to have similar padding coverage? Most other pullups have very poor rear coverage. While not necessary, that makes it rather uncomfortable in my opinion - so I hope they have the same cut overall.

Yes, the LITE versions of NorthShore Pull-Ons will have same cut as originals and same core/padding size. They will just have less fluff and polymers so they will be lighter and less bulky. While technically the cuts will be identical, the thinner core/padding does usually affect the fit a little and make them a little looser than the originals.

Mmm interesting. Almost makes me want to try them too. I've found that for a pull up, the Always Discreet Boutiques are kinda cute in their peach or purple color with the ribbon pattern around the waist. Also, for as thin as they are end up holding an amazing amount of pee. I have used them and it held two wettings. I used them for a daily diaper, just like what was mentioned, ease of use during he day in an office environment.

Ok, you got me. I HAVE to try them.

nightfox320 said:
I recently tried the Alyne pullups as well and needless to say I was impressed. I will agree with you the popping is quite audible and definitely feels a little weird when its absorbing. Personally I don't feel the new padding design works well for a pullup. However, I would be very interested if the company were to introduce a high capacity tape on diaper. The design of the padding, though a little weird, does an excellent job of wicking and distributing wetness. I think the application of said technology would be better applied to a high end brief than a, lets face it, granny pant esk, loose, pullup.

What we've found about the Alyne noise issue as that it's not noticeable by others when out in the living room or at work, etc... The Alyne have so many super-absorbent polymers packed into each pocket of the thin quilted lining that they kind of act like popcorn as they absorb. It is possible to hear this effect if alone in a quiet bathroom, but almost impossible for others to hear in any other situation.

However, please be advised that we have again emphasized to the manufacturer that noise is a concern and they are actively looking into options that will minimize if not eliminate the noise when wet. There are many factors they can adjust to make this much better and they've committed to finding the perfect balance. Unfortunately, it will take a few months for these changes to be tested and then a few months more even before they can start production of a new and improved version. The good news is that Alyne is made by people with decades of diaper manufacturing experience and they will easily find a good solution to improve on their unique technology. They are not just a startup trying to copy Depend like many other copycats that are being launched recently.

NorthShoreAdam said:
What we've found about the Alyne noise issue as that it's not noticeable by others when out in the living room or at work, etc... The Alyne have so many super-absorbent polymers packed into each pocket of the thin quilted lining that they kind of act like popcorn as they absorb. It is possible to hear this effect if alone in a quiet bathroom, but almost impossible for others to hear in any other situation.

Speculating, this may be due to the size of SAP grains they're using. Too large of a grain will cause it to basically explode when one side contacts liquid, because it swells so fast it has to violently break away from the rest of the grain which is still dry. Finer grained sap costs more iirc.

bambinod said:
Speculating, this may be due to the size of SAP grains they're using. Too large of a grain will cause it to basically explode when one side contacts liquid, because it swells so fast it has to violently break away from the rest of the grain which is still dry. Finer grained sap costs more iirc.

It's possible. They are looking into alternate SAP varieties that are not as noisy among other improvements that would muffle any sound.

NorthShoreAdam said:
It's possible. They are looking into alternate SAP varieties that are not as noisy among other improvements that would muffle any sound.

And if you miss it, you could always just empty a pouch of these into the back of your diaper... ;)

banner_PopRocks.jpg

I might have to try that one too. I've played with other things in the diaper. I've got a bedwetting alarm that I put in there which is kind of fun when you're wearing out.

I also peeled a bunch of those "feel wet" squares out of a bunch of pull-ups and stuffed them in there.

O_O

MOTHER. Will is putting strange things in his undies again!

:laugh:

Honestly, if I saw someone putting Pop Rocks in their padding, I might not be able to resist dumping some Coca-Cola down there just to spice up the mix.

CuddleWoozle said:
O_O

MOTHER. Will is putting strange things in his undies again!

:laugh:

Honestly, if I saw someone putting Pop Rocks in their padding, I might not be able to resist dumping some Coca-Cola down there just to spice up the mix.

ok then. I'll switch out the pop rocks for crushed mentos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back