almost swalloed a nail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
Long story short my mother never watches the kids and lets them play with stupid items like knifes, nails etc.

long story short, they put nails in the bread / vegimite / butter, and because I haven't aten all day and am straving I scoffed a lot of it down.

I almost ended up swalling a nail, and bit it with my teeth, I'm not too sure if there were any more in there, but chances are there was, what do I do in a situation like this?

she doesn't seem to understand stupid shit like this really stresses me out.

If i haven't of bit that nail, I would of swallowed it.

I don't know if i swallowed any, but this is stressing the hell out of me.

Last edited:
Holy--!
That's a new level of neglect.

Great to know you're ok though wow.

Well that is pretty dangerous for sure, but I do think you should consider that ... you probably should make sure you don't scarf down your food too quickly even if you are very hungry cause even with no nail, you can die by choking. Also there is no way you would swallow a nail in your food if you are not scarfing it down ... cause you typically have to chew before you swallow. Also at same time unless they baked it into the bread ... I question how you didn't notice the nail.

Now i'm not saying it's your fault, clearly it's not, but I do think you should consider that you also where not being very careful yourself it seems. Even a watchful mother may not always see every single thing a child may do. She clearly shouldn't be allowing them to play with things like that though, so I would say that in itself is pretty darn bad. Well I don't know, I am just looking at it from both sides really since I don't know much about the actual situation.

If they were smaller nails, no big deal, they'll make it through your digestive track fine and you'll poop em out. If they were large nails you'd be in trouble, one could puncture your stomach or intestine. But I imagine if you had to bite one to even notice it was there they must've been pretty small. Don't worry, you'll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm fine, I'm assuming if I swallowed it, I would be ill by now, :)

Oh damn, that's pretty awful. I'm not big into physical punishments, but if my own kids were putting sharp objects into food around the house, they'd soon be hobbling around with flaming red handprints on their butts! Doing things with seeming intent to cause serious injury to others is where I draw a big, bold line. And if they lack the intuition to see that what they're doing promises to cause serious injury, that's scarcely less bad. That stuff needs to be nipped in the bud somehow, and fast.

Maxx said:
Holy cow! I don't know how old your mom is, but there does come a point where you have to keep an eye on parents. We were always wary of of eating at my late mother-in-laws house unless we either made it ourselves or watched her do it (carefully).... oh, and checked the date codes on everything that went into it. Junior got a rather nasty case of food poisoning once from a spoiled hot dog when he was single digits of age. He still won't eat hot dogs.

My aunt is like this. Because she doesn't feel like carrying it from her car she sometimes leaves food in it, including stuff that needs to be refrigerated when it's cold out and she thinks it's safe. She recently ate eggs that had been in her refrigerator for a YEAR and ended up with diarrhea.

KimbaStarshine said:
My aunt is like this. Because she doesn't feel like carrying it from her car she sometimes leaves food in it, including stuff that needs to be refrigerated when it's cold out and she thinks it's safe. She recently ate eggs that had been in her refrigerator for a YEAR and ended up with diarrhea.

one of the things a lot of people dont realize is, farm fresh eggs dont need to be refridgerated. if it has been fridged once though, you need to keep it fridged.

The same with butter, you can leave butter out and about and it will not go bad, but you cannot refridge it after it has thawed, it changed the it from monosaturated fat to polysaturated when the butter re-congeals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back