Allergies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kams

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I think everyone has some kind of allergy...It's just a matter of figuring out what it is
Ooooh :badday: that reminds me of how they tested me to see what I'm allergic to. The doctor placed a series of dots on my back that were small samples of things that people most people are allergic to. Then I had to wait for 15 minutes. The dots on my back that started to itch and burn like crazy were the ones that I was allergic to. The worse part was that I couldn't scratch them for 15 minutes :( It was awful!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Ooooh :badday: that reminds me of how they tested me to see what I'm allergic to. The doctor placed a series of dots on my back that were small samples of things that people most people are allergic to. Then I had to wait for 15 minutes. The dots on my back that started to itch and burn like crazy were the ones that I was allergic to. The worse part was that I couldn't scratch them for 15 minutes :( It was awful!

That's kind of like what you would do if you were out camping or something and you pooped, and you wanted leaves to wipe...You would break different ones and rub them on your arm and wait a little bit, and if you don't have a rash, then it should be safe to use

D

daria7483

I'm going to have that done next month, Kams...not really looking forward to it.

In the past few months I've been going nuts. I've had lots of issues with rashes and things I used to be able to eat before causing itching and rashes around my mouth. I made an appointment with an allergist six weeks ago but they are so busy they can't see me until June.

And I went to the doctor today because my seasonal allergies have been going nuts for the first time in years, and my ears were so blocked up I could barely hear out of one of them. He prescribed a steroid nasal spray, fluticasone (generic Flonase) and also told me to get some generic Afrin over the counter.

The key word for me is "hypoallergenic." I don't use scented detergents or fabric softener, and my dryer sheets are unscented. Washing my hands in any kind of scented soap can cause itchy rashes. My deodorant is the plain old baking soda kind and doesn't smell like much. I use oatmeal soap and tea tree oil shampoo that I have to buy at Whole Foods for about 3 times the cost of regular shampoos. I only use Aveeno lotion and shaving gel.

Anyway, I have a mild lactose intolerance, and I know for a fact that I'm allergic to cephalexan, a kind of antibiotic. And I suspect I'm also allergic to certain kinds of shellfish and pine nuts.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i get hay fever sometimes, but the main pollen i'm allergic to is lilies. so it hits me mostly at weddings and funerals or other occasions where people are likely to assemble a big garish display of noxious hothouse flowers. i guess if someone ever invites me to a wedding i don't feel like going to i can tell them i'm allergic to weddings.

i'm also allergic to penicillin. since you asked. :p

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I used to be lactose intolerant, but I somehow got over it. I was too young to remember. Now I drink it everyday.

I gots amnmnunityies! =]

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
In the past few months I've been going nuts. I've had lots of issues with rashes and things I used to be able to eat before causing itching and rashes around my mouth. I made an appointment with an allergist six weeks ago but they are so busy they can't see me until June.

And I went to the doctor today because my seasonal allergies have been going nuts for the first time in years, and my ears were so blocked up I could barely hear out of one of them. He prescribed a steroid nasal spray, fluticasone (generic Flonase) and also told me to get some generic Afrin over the counter.

[...]

Anyway, I have a mild lactose intolerance, and I know for a fact that I'm allergic to cephalexan, a kind of antibiotic. And I suspect I'm also allergic to certain kinds of shellfish and pine nuts.
*sneezes and starts scratching his back and then flops unconscious on the floor* I think I'm allergic to your post, Daria! There's nuts in it - you should have put a warning sign on the back! :tongueout:

Peachy

D

daria7483

*sneezes and starts scratching his back and then flops unconscious on the floor* I think I'm allergic to your post, Daria! There's nuts in it - you should have put a warning sign on the back! :tongueout:

Peachy
Hmm...I will have to explore alternate expressions besides "going nuts." I've always been a fan of "drive me up the wall."

I was about to say that fortunately nuts are one thing I'm not allergic to, since I'm still happily eating peanuts, but then I remembered the pine nuts...damn.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm allergic to cats, yet I have two of them! :tongue: But I think that by having two cats, my allergies towards them have gone away.
Yeah, back when my allergies were bad I tested allergic to dogs, but then we got one. I experienced the same thing more or less. Now dogs don't bother me at all :).

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
im allergic to horses (even though i used to ride during the summer) and rats (used to have them as pets)

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Yes, that's the skin patch test. The results of that test determined what I was allergic to also. It pinpoints the exact things (type of grasses, foods, whatever....) you're allergic to more so than a blood test. I thought the test kind of tickled myself.

~Pramrider

Status
Not open for further replies.