Allergies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What kind of allergies does everyone have? I'm allergic to pollen (and is making my eyes itch like crazy right now)...And I was allergic to poison ivy...But a year or two ago I walked through some, and I didn't catch it...So I don't know what happened to that...Because when I got it...I got it...And one personalish question...What's a good allergy medication that I can get without a prescription?

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I am allergic to sweetner, used to give me major headaches when I was younger. However, I drink sweetener in my coffee, so I guess it's diminished. I am also allergic to pet dandruff, but I do have 2 cats.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I am allergic to sweetner, used to give me major headaches when I was younger. However, I drink sweetener in my coffee, so I guess it's diminished. I am also allergic to pet dandruff, but I do have 2 cats.

I think I might have allergies to pet dander too...My nose gets all itchy after petting the cats a lot sometimes (I also have 2)

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I used to be highly allergic to ragweed and goldenrod pollen. However, it would seem that over the years it's diminished and now it's more or less gone completely. I used to have some miserable times in spring and summer. And it always would make my asthma kick up and give me trouble. Fortunately, the asthma seems to have ceased to be an issue as well :).

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I'm allergic to jigsaw puzzles, specifically the type of wood glue they use to hold the picture to the puzzle piece. I break out in a massive hive that covers my arm, and makes it to painful to even bend.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I am allergic to spiders, yet I don't fear them...

Also, I think I might be allergic to certain types of perfume and/or air freshener.

Last edited:

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
- Pollen, although still to a bearable degree and mostly allergic to pollen from plants that send them out rather late in spring.

- Peanuts. Major allergy there, I can't eat anything with even slight traces of peanuts in it. Makes me go all pimply like a 13 year old teenager, sweat two oceans' worth of water and eventually go to sleep.

- Nuts in general, not as bad as peanuts though.

Peachy

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I'm allergic to... I think some kind of pollen. It bothers me for a few weeks every spring, but then it just seems to stop having any effect on me until the next spring. I think there's something else that bothers me for an equal length of time in the fall, but I have no clue what. I'm also allergic to poison ivy, but I think most other people are too. Fortunately, I don't think I have any food allergies.

D

Deleted member 221

im allergic to nothing,at least i think not(i was allergic to penicillin as a baby so i didnt use it at all(and im having tests done if im allergic or not but all tests are negative,i still needa do a skin test tho to make sure))

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Allergies SUCK!

Okay, now that I've got that off my chest...

I'm allergic to (in no particular order):

• pollen (I have clogged sinuses and itchy eyes from the first signs of spring until the first snow)
  • evergreens (yep, I'm allergic to Christmas trees! I break out in an itchy red rash...which is really uncomfortable at that time of year) :(
  • wasps (I swell up like a balloon, blood pressure drops to nothing, and then I pass out)
  • erythromycin (antibiotic)
  • some soaps (again with the itchy red rash)
  • scented products (migraines that knock me right off my feet)
  • metals (but not gold...interestingly enough...all other metals cause again the itchy red rash)

These are the ones that have been discovered...so far!

care_a_lot

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I agree allergies do suck!

I'm allergic to ANYTHING that swims/lives underwater

Fish, Crab, Fish fingers, Oyster sauce, Flake, sea weed I can't even eat those seaweed rice biscuits, I can't have prawn crackers either!

I am so allergic to seafood that if something has been made on the same machinery I will get as sick as a dog. I did this once in the states I had some stroganoff which must have been made on the same machinery cos it tasted fishy to me but didn't have any fish written in the ingrediants. Isn't it funny how your taste buds get used to being allergic to certain things and give off warnings?

I'm also allergic to wool. Will break out in a rash.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Ah good ol' allergies.

Lemme get a list.

Pollen
Grass
Dust
Mold
Cats (horribly allergic)
Dogs
Dairy (only in large quantities)
Tobacco Smoke

Probably a few more...

Amazingly enough Poision Ivy/Oak does not bother me one bit. I am still cautious and try to stay away... but I've never gotten it... and I know I've walked through it before.

As far as allergy medicine reccomendations... my mom was an allergist for nearly 20 years. The best stuff I've ever had is Zyrtec... which is available over the counter without a perscription now. I haven't found anything better... and believe me when I say I've tried it all.

My allergies typically only bother me in the spring or fall. Most of the time if I have an attack it lasts for a few hours then goes away... but keep me away from cats.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I'm a bit allergic to cats, and some dogs.
There are certain breeds of dogs though that I'm really bad with. There was someone in my class at school who I was allergic to, he had two dogs.

Horses too, but then I'm rarely in the company of horses.

I sometimes get hay fever too.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
I was highly allergic to Ceptra when I was a baby, but I don't know if I'm still allergic to it now. I'm not going to try it though..

I am allegic to soap bars. I break out into a rash that drives me crazy with itchiness. I have to use bodywash, soap is off limits unless I want to be miserable.. I suspect that it's the borax in the soap that does it.

I am also allergic to something in sandwiches. Certain sandwiches make me break out in chills, and I shake uncontrollably. My temperature will also rise. I probably need to figure out causes that, but I don't feel like getting a dozen shots to figure it out.. It doesn't seem to be fatal, so I guess I'll just deal with it.

On a positive note: I am nearly totally immune to both poison ivy and oak. I can't speak for poison sumac, but ivy and oak does nearly nothing to me. All I will get is a tiny rash that doesn't even itch. I've never tested myself against sumac, but I don't think I want to. I've heard that if your allegic to that stuff, then you are screwed.. so I don't play around with that crap..

W00t! 700th post!

Last edited:

Kams

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I'm allergic to cats, yet I have two of them! :tongue: But I think that by having two cats, my allergies towards them have gone away.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Mold and a couple types of grass. The mold allergy was giving me horrendous, sick-on-the-stomach headaches for years until I found out the cause and started taking allergy shots. Now, I only occasionally get a mild headache during the mold season.

~Pramrider

Role
Private
Wow! Everyone here is allergic to something! I honestly can't say that for myself. I've still yet to come across anything that has given me an allergic reaction. Pollen, seafood, [pea]nuts, other plant/animal life and food... nothing.

However, I do have asthma... but it's so mild that I don't need to carry a puffer with me and the only thing that sets it off is when I get sick with something else, which rarely happens anyway.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Wow! Everyone here is allergic to something! I honestly can't say that for myself. I've still yet to come across anything that has given me an allergic reaction. Pollen, seafood, [pea]nuts, other plant/animal life and food... nothing.

However, I do have asthma... but it's so mild that I don't need to carry a puffer with me and the only thing that sets it off is when I get sick with something else, which rarely happens anyway.

I think everyone has some kind of allergy...It's just a matter of figuring out what it is

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I think everyone has some kind of allergy...It's just a matter of figuring out what it is
I can't say I've gone looking, but I haven't located any common substance that produces a reaction yet. The closest I've found is that it seems as though I have a small negative reaction (not rashes or the like, either) to a certain kind of antibiotic, but it wasn't strong enough and I haven't had to use it over any extended period to be certain. There probably is something out there, but it's doing a good job of staying hidden thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.