• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

All the name changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
So I got to thinking tonight. It seems like everyone is changing their name lately, and if I weren't a VIP, I'd never be able to keep track of who is who. Also, many forums don't allow name changes like we do here. I'm not sure if it's possible in the software, but if it is, I think we should allow others to view people's past names in a method other than the user notes. What do all of you think? :educate:

S

Secret

I think its a good idea. I mean if people are going to change their name to stay away from someone, then they might as well just block the person or something?
Anyway how do you change your name?

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think its a good idea. I mean if people are going to change their name to stay away from someone, then they might as well just block the person or something?
Anyway how do you change your name?
You request it in the requests forum.

I do think there should be a limit on how many times a person can change their name. Once or even twice is fine, but when someone changes their name several times just for the heck of it, then it gets annoying.

F

FullMetal

People change their names for all kinds of reasons, and maybe they do not want the community to recognize them as that name anymore. So I disagree.

-The Sun-

Role
Private
I think I had about three different user names prior to my current one, which I've been using for well over four years now. Sometimes it's just hard to find something that fits.

E

Error404

People change their names for all kinds of reasons, and maybe they do not want the community to recognize them as that name anymore. So I disagree.

-The Sun-
"Find posts by user."

*Cough.*

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Then maybe we could give people who change there names the OPTION to let people see there previous names. Perhaps an option in the User CP to show previous account names in your profile or whatever. I dunno if this is possible but unless someone changes there name because they don't want to be associated with the previous one, (in which case I understand why they don't want people to know it) it would be helpful for none VIPs. Though, ultimately, people who have changed there name should get to make the decision. If they want to tell people what their previous names were they can, but equally should be allowed not to if they don't want to.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
At first, it sounded like a good idea. It gets really confusing when someone changes their name, and there's been a lot of it happening recently. And I kinda forgot user notes existed.

There is the issue of people changing names to avoid being recognised by people. But then, a quick search for all posts by a user makes it really easy to find out who they used to be.

But still, I guess someone should have the option of changing their name discreetly if they really want to, even if I can't see how it would really be that useful. And if they want to advertise who they used to be, they have a signature and possible a user-title if they're a VIP.

So, the current system is actually fine.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
As lives change and we move on to do different things in our professional lives, our work lives, our creative lives, and all that other bullshit, it may very well be important for someone to change their name to protect themselves, not from anyone on here, but from a world that is highly reliant upon the internet.

In my case, my user-name is my true first name, and while it is unique, makes me very easily discoverable on this site. No doubt that probably very soon, I'll be requesting that it be changed to something else as some very good opportunities become open to me in the future.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Another forum I visit allows as many name changes as you want, but for 6 weeks you can't change it again, and for 20 days you must have "Formerly <newnamehere>" in your signature in bold.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
or perhaps, and option to have their previous name as their user title for a little while? and tbf if i see someone i dont recognise i ask em if they changed er name

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Actually I just thought of a really simple solution which everyone should be fine with....
People who change their names, just put "recently changed name" in their sigs.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I think to add a better visability, it may be better to have a temporary title under their username that says "AKA/formely...." For x days. but I don't know if that is possible or not.

Personally, I never really see it to be too much effort to see who some one was wether or not you get to see usernotes. Most of the time it's just instinct of collecting the odd clue here and there.

But I hesitate to answer anyone who says "who is XYZ?" as I have no idea on why they changed their name. And if in doubte, just do the safest option and don't reply (if it is a public chat, otherwise a "They seem new" or "Haven't seen XYZ around much" etc...).

Everyone has there reasons. But as long as your not changing it more often than they change my socks. And not mearly for fashion reasons likes/dislikes of the name all the time. Then I'm cool with it.

It's these things tend to happen in batches at a time. I guess when some one else changes their name. It gives them more motivation to change theirs. Not necessarly due to appealing to popularity. But it reminded them of a thought or something. As long as they know they really want to change their name and promise they have no intention of changing it again and was solely changed due to the reason given in the request forum that will bring no harm to themselves, anyone or this comunity at whole. Then I can't see many reasons against changing their names.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I think it's just common courtesy to put something in your signature or in your user title.
But then people might have reasons for changing their names.

I don't think any thing needs to be forced on people, people should just be encouraged to put something in their signature or whatever. So all we need is threads like this every once in a while. :p

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
I personally think if you want to change your name, you should have to have a brand new account. That way, you'll WANT to have it in your details somewhere who you were - I think being able to keep your post count/rep/etc thru a namechange is a bit much, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.