Alcohol Consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I used to binge drink in college to kill the pain of living. Then drank more than I should have as a young adult until I developed a bleeding ulcer. Since then I almost never drink.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm not legally allowed to drink yet, but around here no bar / store enforces the law.

Either way, after once having a very bad experience with alcohol, I learned to limit it's consumption.

I don't drink unless it's a special occasion, and nothing over 1 glass of red wine. A beer is fine too if I can't get the previous.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I drink to the point where I'm comfortable, yet I can still avoid doing silly things. While I can still have good judgement. That is usually 8 units. That's about 4 pints.
^^What he said (although I can do more 'units', I think, without losing control). I hate losing control - I still want to control and remember what I'm saying, doing, where I'm going and so on. I'd hate waking up in a roadside ditch, pissing all over myself because I can't find the toilet or remove my pants and I most certainly don't want to be the butt of everyone's jokes for weeks because I did silly stuff and everyone else who was present remembers it. Keep in mind: Whenever you go out with people, there's always some person who remembers all the crazy stuff you did (or took pictures! :eek: ).

Peachy

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I drink enough to enjoy myself, to get a little tipsy, but that's it.

If I drink too little everyone just seems like idiots, becuase they're drunk and I don't have fun.

If I drink too much, then I am too drunk to enjoy or remember anything, and I don't have fun.

So I find a nice median. ^.^

Craig

Est. Contributor
Well, the times I get drunk are mainly when I go camping with my friends. I generally drink 6 - 8 cans over about 4 hours. I don't really drink often though.

Craig.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I mostly drink for medicinal reasons. After a hard day at work, a drink really helps to loosen up the tired muscles. Other than that, only a few social occasions, and then only a few drinks. I do not like to get drunk, I want to be able to function tommorrow.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I generally do drink quite a lot. If I'm partying I'll generally down at least a 12 pack, though back in college we played a lot of beer pong, we even had a variant that used 66 cups a side if I'm not mistaken. I forget how many beers it took, but it was a lot. I used to be able to easily have 15-20 beers in a night and usually a few shots and still be functional the next day to do it all again.

Now that my college days are over, I don't drink quite as much, though I do like to have a few drinks in the evening after work to even me out, though I rarely drink more than a 12 pack in a night nowadays.

RobotRock

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've only drank twice in my life. Once in the summer of this year and the other time was a few weeks ago. I'll be 21 next year, I'm sure my habit will change slightly.

bdb2004

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Usually it would just be a couple drinks, maybe a couple times a month, generally I end up having any drinks when i am out to dinner or something which means I have to drive, and I limit myself to two drinks then. There have been 2 cases where I have had way to much (when I didn't have to drive) and I am not planning on repeating that anytime soon.

B

Butterfly Mage

I've been booze-free for almost ten months now. Alcoholism runs in both sides of my family and I'm determined to not get ensnared. I won't say that my alcohol consumption had reached the point of alcoholism -- but I could see that it was only a matter of time before it did, since I had been steadily drinking more over a period of several years. I think alcoholism is one of those addicitons that can creep up on people because it is a legal and socially acceptable drug.

So... I stopped 100% on February 11, 2008.

Shen

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
This is coming from some one underage so don't base a whole lot on it.

When i'm by myself or with friends we drink to get drunk or quite a bit past drunk. Not being able to drink, when you have the chance you get loaded.

I usually just drink vodka around a quarter to half a fifth.(mixed with something)

Havent really done much with harder liquors.
OMGOMGOMGOMG UNDERAGE DRINKING.

I dunno.

I just drink depending on my mood, and I don't usually compare myself to other people... so I dunno. I usually drink to get drunk or to socialize.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I think that in Britain we tend to drink to get drunk, really drunk.

Some alien concepts: Drinking alone.
I've never understood this, probably because I drink to get drunk, and because it's a social drug. I'd never 'have a couple of beers', because I would not see the point.

I should also ask where people drink. Alcohol is expensive, so what we usually do is get nice and drunk at home, and then go to a club. A bar would be nice, but why spend loads when you can do it cheaper at home?

I'd say a usual night out involves me drinking about 5 cans of beer (440ml (nearish a pint*) at 4.1%**) and then drinks at the club, maybe 3 or 4 double vodka/JD and coke.

* Fun fact: The measurement of a 'pint' is different in America, compared to Britain and Australia. America = 16 fl oz. Britain and Australia = 20 fl oz.
** I should have also asked about % of beers.

Last night I had 10 (oh dear!) cans of beer and a double vodka and redbull... I'd say I drink not so much compared to my friends (who last night drank 2 2 litre bottles of calimocho*** plus more probably).

*** With a stupid amount of red wine in there.

F

FullMetal

I don't understand what drunk is really. For beer, I get drunk maybe off of four or five depending on what kind of beer. But I am really not a beer drinker, I am more of a hard liquor kind of guy. When I first went to Canada that is when I started to drink. I was 16 and me and a couple of friends went out to a bar. I drank maybe three shots and I was good for the night. I didn't throw up, but I was still fumbling around.

After drinking for a while, 6 shots was my limit and after that all would go bad...I found that out the hard way when I have about 6 shots of Jacks and a pint of beer all in the course of half an hour.

College is a bit different. The night I really wanted to party, I had about three beers and about 10 shots. Needless to say, I was spitting out blood for a little while and throwing up a good amount.

If 'getting drunk' is being so dizzy I want to throw up, I really do not like that...I like to feel really good and all just to have a good time. So, on the nights that binge drinking is not a must, I like to take a water bottle, fill it with about 4 shots and then put some ice tea mix or some coke in there and then drink that over a span of three hours and I feel great and I have an amazing time.

Charlie, what do you do when you get drunk? And what is your definition of 'drunk?'

-The Sun-

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I usually have 2-3 drinks at any one time, as I don't like the feeling of fullness I get when drinking more (especially beer.) When we go to Germany to visit family, I do tend to drink mire, and the bottles are larger that here, but I don't tend to even get tipsy. I also am someone that drinks more for the enjoyment of the taste than the feeling of being tipsy or drunk, and drinking a large amount of the same thing makes my taste buds bored.

I also do not drink within 24 hours of working (my own personal rule, not a hospital policy or law.) This is because if for some reason something should happen that I could get sued for malpractice about, I would not want any doubt that I was performing my duties completely sober.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I drink so I get really drunk. But not so much that I will start insulting people or start fights, I still want to be able to have control over myself. Its so boring if you are only going to drink alittle!

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well i usually drink about 5-8 beers over the course of a night if its a low key event, but if we party and play drinking games i honestly loose track but my estimates on those nights is anywhere from 8-15 again i have no idea. Also the use of hard alcohol happens alot to supplement the beer. I'm a definate whiskey afficiando and i love the stuff as do a couple of ppl i party with so we usually have a bottle that we work on every weekend.

Babylou

Banned
Role
Private
Well that all depends...who am i with? Say it is a big party, i tend to hold back. I might drink maybe about 15-20 beers and a few shots within the course of the night.

Now...if i am with my mate...that is when the alcoholism starts. We buy a lab each (thats 24, 375 ml bottles my American friends), and I buy a bottle of Jagermeister while my mate buys a bottle of tequila. Give it a few hours and all that is left is a blind mess, vomit, and blood. I have been told i drink alot, but then again I am a pretty big guy. I am 185 cm, 88 kg and mainly muscle. So it evens out. the best thing to accompany alot of alcohol? A fine cigar. Perhaps a Romeo y Julieta No.3 or a Cohiba Lancero for any cigar smokers out there.

Well that's my two cents.

Oh, if anyone is curious, a nights drinking for costs:

- 2 x Slabs of beer - $60
- 1 Jagermeister - $50
- 1 Seirra Gold Tequila - $50
- Cigars - $100

So about $250. That should get you and a friend pretty wasted. Or just substitute for everclear shots, cheaper in the long run.

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Little
I only drink once a year on my birthday. And even then only one small bottle of hot sake. I never really developed a taste for alcohol, I guess because i don't really like drinking past the tipsy point.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
I always find it funny that the u.s. hasn't put an age restriction on yeast yet.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
How much alcohol do you drink in a typical night out or party, or general drinking session?
1 pint of 100 proof smirnoff vodka. Maybe a few beers before/with/after that. Maybe another half pint of the regular 80 proof if I want to get annihilated. And another (total 2) pint of 100 proof if I want to get F.U.B.A.R. But that's just insane/blackout territory, so we stay away from that often.

Is that normal do you think (or do you think that you drink more/less than most people)?
Hell no. I remember about some story in new london a few years back, about some dickhead who bashed his girlfriend's daughter's head in on the faucet of the bathtub.

The reasoning?

The daughter was 3, and being tough to potty train.
And (as it applies to this survey) he had drank a half pint of vodka (smirnoff? presumably 80 proof) and became "Extremely intoxicated". Now granted i'm a big fella, but if what someone drinks to become drunk to the point of murder over an inconvenience, is a bit less than half of what I drink for a good time, i'd have to say my normal consumption is definitely NOT normal.

If not what is normal?
If you believe everyone pulled over and busted for DUI. "Just a couple'a'beers"

I'm not asking about that one time where you woke up in Mexico, just the typical session.
There was this first and only time with tequilla (I call it ta-kill-ya) and I won't go into details, but it was one of those blackout times. And I even remember going to bed to sleep it off and setting the alarm and everything ahead of time.

Do you drink to get properly drunk, or just a bit tipsy?
Painkiller? Because i'm moonlighting as Captain Cirrhosis? I don't know. When i'm going to drink, i'm just thinking how great it'll taste and how great it'll feel to get numb. Then when i'm there i'm thinking how shitty i'm going to feel afterwards, and what a waste of money it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.