• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Alaska=Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteriousVisitor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Incase anyone was wondering where ever so loved and popular best friend of everyone *cough* Sparkmaster has been the past week and a half, the answer is some place very far north where you can see Russia from every house (thanks Tina Fey!).

Yes, I was in Alaska. Yes, it was awesome. The scenery is nothing like you would see in the lower 48. Its stunning, incredible, and a bunch of other adjectives. The weather was great too. One cannot complain about sunny and 70F every day 300 miles below the arctic circle.

My point: Go, now, before it breaks off into the sea and goes to hang out with Hawaii and California.

LittleMonster

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My point: Go, now, before it breaks off into the sea and goes to hang out with Hawaii and California.
AHAHA. xD I'm guessing you've seen "Ze End of ze World?" :3

I definitely want to go to Alaska sometime in my life, maybe take an Alaskan cruise.

What did you do while you were there?

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I enjoyed Alaska, too, when I visited. The landscapes were amazing and the hiking fantastic. Alaskans are also very big on two of my favorite things - gourmet pizza and microbrew beer!

Norway has similar rugged landscapes, but isn't as "wild" as Alaska. I don't worry about a bear eating me on a desolate hike here. But the hiking is good.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I am going to Alaska by car for three weeks starting next week. I hope to see the HAARP towers, the taiga, Prudhoe Bay, Arctic ocean shore, and Denali National Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.