Airport Body Imaging Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyRye

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy
Has anyone else heard of these? Pretty frightening of invasion of privacy, especially when the images they can produce result in these:

I don't know about you guys, but there is NO way I'd go through one of those...I mean heck...they would know you're wearing a diaper! I mean of course the observing room is where they view the images is in a closed room, and that the TSA agents are suppose to delete the pictures afterwards...but still! The other option people have now is if they wish not to go through the body scanners, is to get a pat down...lol.

More info about them here:

http://current.newsweek.com/budgettravel/2008/10/is_the_tsa_violating_your_priv.html

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I'm 90% sure I went through one of those in Amsterdam, and I got bloody felt-up patted down afterwards too. :p

Usually I'm against anything that violates privacy, but I don't really see a problem with this. The images get deleted afterwards, this isn't being forced on you (it will be eventually) so there's no real issue for me (yet?).

I'm much more against having to give my finger-prints when flying to America.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Charlie, AFAIK here they are still only a test for flight personnel.

I'm all for this. Why? Because unless you keep inventing new ways to improve security on airports people will find ways to get around it. While fully ceramic guns aren't out yet, knives are. That's why I find it important to improve on technology.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I'm 90% sure I went through one of those in Amsterdam, and I got bloody felt-up patted down afterwards too. :p
THat is correct. The EU wanted to legalize those scanners and ran a test at Amsterdam airport. I think a few countries intervened, so the EU dropped the idea to introduce them at other airports and wants to run more tests first. I know for sure that just about everyone in my country was oppose to the idea and that our government wouldn't have allowed those on our airports, no matter how much the EU would love to see them.

I don't quite see the purpose of prying that deeply into someone's privacy. Surely, you can't take a knife long enough to threaten the pilot with into the cabin (cause you can't even get to the pilot any more these days), what what do you want with a short knife the size of nail clippers?
Next thing we know is they'll run a full XRay scan on you because you could be some terrorist who has has enemaed some explosive substance into your ass, just to go to the toilet mid-flight, plug a fuse up your ass too and blow up the plane.
Seriously, if you want to safe more people's lives, fix up potholes in the roads or lower the speed limit...there are 10,000 times more dead people from road accidents than from flight accidents, or terrorist attacks with airplanes!
Besides, anyone who wants people to laugh at their naked picture, why not one of the adult photo hosting sites rather than making airport staff laught at a black and white image of your naked self on a scanner that costs a few million Euros? :tongueout:

Peachy

HuskyRye

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy
The images get deleted afterwards
True, but passengers will never know if they're truly deleted. I mean, they might "sell off" a few pictures to certain agencies...anything is possible....besides, with new technology comes new methods of hacking...people's "scanned images" of their bodies could be plastered all over the net. :wallbash:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Do they make the guys wear something? I don't want to go sterile

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
True, but passengers will never know if they're truly deleted. I mean, they might "sell off" a few pictures to certain agencies...anything is possible....besides, with new technology comes new methods of hacking...people's "scanned images" of their bodies could be plastered all over the net. :wallbash:
I guess that's possible, if not a bit paranoid.

I don't know... Nobody on the net wants to see a crappy scanned picture of me naked...
And I'm sure celebrities would turn it down if they thought they was a chance of the image not being deleted.

I think I'd be slightly honoured if my picture was chosen to be saved and posted around. :D

babibear

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Has anyone else heard of these? Pretty frightening of invasion of privacy, especially when the images they can produce result in these:
-snippage-
Wow, these scanners have gotten a whole lot clearer. I recall some outcry in like 2002 from women's groups about this since early tests indicated you could -sometimes- see the labia with them.

Frankly, since I ALWAYS seem to need a wanding and pat-down I sorta don't really care. If a grainy 'R2D2-esce projection' gets out and someone actually gets their groove on over me, I'm gonna feel flattered :D

Now, when they start scanning my mind, activating my webcam or start reading my mail then I might start getting a might bit peeved.

Israel for example instigated very strong passenger checks in the late 1970's due to hijackings, it was just a matter of time before it was needed everywhere else. I seem to recall reading a study for improving US airport security in the late 1980's but it was thought to be too annoying and went unused.

At this point, sadly, air travel will only get more annoying.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I think I'd be slightly honoured if my picture was chosen to be saved and posted around. :D
With or without your name and address on it, and how about posting it to the door of your dorm, or the lecture halls you're usually in? :eek:

Peachy

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I took my backpack as a carry on and in it I had clothing so I could change when I landed in Portland but I also had my Pacifier in it.

The only thing I hated was taking off my shoes but really all this stuff is a small inconvenience and personally I got nothing to hide. If they see me in a diaper they would assume the worst and everyone moves on with their lives.

MysteriousVisitor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
One of the American newsmagazine shows ran a story about these scanners a few weeks ago. They said (and demonstrated) that the scanners being deployed in the US are significantly less sensitive then those demonstrated here. And in the US, they're completely optional.

Role
Private
One of the American newsmagazine shows ran a story about these scanners a few weeks ago. They said (and demonstrated) that the scanners being deployed in the US are significantly less sensitive then those demonstrated here. And in the US, they're completely optional.
Excellent.

I have intermittent attacks of gout and during these attacks the pain in my foot is indescribable. Medical literature calls it "excruciating" and they're right. I've had State-side security personnel grouse about the fact that I was taking "too long" to remove my shoes; at that point, I told him, "Fine. Swab my shoes; I'm not taking them off. I'm dealing with a case of gout right now."

Now, even though I get moved to the "TERRORIST!!!" partition, I have them swab my shoes. The chemical sniffer does a far more thorough job than an illiterate looking inside my shoes can, and I'll gladly trade a few minutes of my time to retain some dignity and liberty.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't know about you guys, but there is NO way I'd go through one of those...I mean heck...they would know you're wearing a diaper!
It's too late for me then. XD

Unless they didn't have them when I went.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
You know its just...so what, you can see me naked? Cool, you can see what kind of phone I have in my left breast pocket. Big whoop.

I mean, it's optional at this point, so they're not going to catch anyone carrying anything with it. (If they do, man, that person is stupid.) If it becomes mandatory, not much we can do to stop it. Some may think it is an invasion of privacy, but more people see it as a way to stop crazed killers onto planes. People are going to lean towards safety.

Although that Ben Franklin quote comes to mind. "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
I'm usually against these "invasion of privacy" type of things, but in this case, I can make an exception. I think everyone should have to go through one of these.

I don't fly on planes often. Only once in my life, in fact, but I'm sure that one day I will get back on one. And when I do I want to be sure that no one on the plane is packing. So therefore, I see no problem with the body imaging scanners. Even if I do happen to be wearing a diaper... so what? It's not those guys haven't seen a guy in a diaper before... they're not paid to laugh at your naked booty or what your wearing under your pants, they're there to ensure that no one brings something dangerous onto the plane.

maccracker18

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent
they could always think the extra padding was explosives.... just sayin

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
they could always think the extra padding was explosives.... just sayin
they could always just see it's a diaper too. Even today with out all this stuff people who wear thick diapers while flying aren't posting online saying they are always getting stopped due to security guards thinking they are a "ass bomber".

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
It's amazing how much we will go through just because we are told to conform. I certainly understand that we need to end terrorism, but we are too trusting in the technology. Who knows what it does to our bodies. It was once thought that continual use of cell phones can cause brain cancer.

On a lighter note, a few years ago, my wife and kids were flying to Canada to the family lake house. I couldn't go because I was still recovering from back surgery. My son, who was about 11, had packed his carry on bag. When they x-rayed it, they saw enough automatic weapons to launch a small war. He had packed, unknown to us, all of his toy guns because he and his brother played army on the island in the lake. The airport personal made me take them home with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.