Airplanes...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vonlindeiner

I know it's been asked before, but is there any advice for wearing diaper while flying... I'm flying out this weekend and am looking for any last-minute tips...

vL

Role
  1. Other
Don't dress like a baby.

Don't worry about what you are wearing and act all suspicious.

Enjoy the flight.

Make sure the diaper you are wearing can handle the length of the flight.

ForeverSmall

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
chillax

Seriously no one notices or cares. They do not even look in your carry on either. They just scan your whole bag. The diaper looks like any other piece of clothing, a gray blob. The only thing those scanners pick up is metal.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I will reference Nike here.

"Just do it"

Really, there is nothing to remotely worry about. Just make sure to take a few spares with you.

jennifer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The only thing those scanners pick up is metal.

I'm quite sure the bag-scanners pick up fluids as well... not that it should matter, just saying. ;)

Tyrlova

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
If someone asks, I would surmise that you would just say that you had a continence issue but weren't expecting a leak. Be sincere and apologise for the inconvenience, it will sound more convincing.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Carry extras... Make sure you are using quality diapers and use a booster if it is a long flight. (or if you hit the Starbucks before you board.)

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Wipes show up, I carried those on a flight with my ipod and stuff because they work so much better. I was asked to take them out, the person was more embarrased than I was.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Just relax and act normal. Always have an extra with you just in case. And, as the posts have said above me: make sure your diaper can handle the length of the flight (however long that is).

J

Jag

Make sure the diaper you are wearing can handle the length of the flight.
Quoted for truth. Avoiding changes and leaks is always a convenient step. Other than that, I would simply advise to keep it cool and act no differently than you normally would.

bedwett

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
As i flew numerous time diapered now; here are my 2 cents:

1. Don't use snap on plastic pants!
2. Use slip on instead
3. Security personell is very understanding, just tell it's medical..

wayward1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
all advise sounds good. all I have to say is good luck and have fun on your trip.

tbtimmy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
However, I have a question about booster/liners, does the urine flow through the booster or liners? It seems like my diaper remained dry and the booster got soaked when I wore it. Maybe I'm not using the booster correctly?

Personally, I have no experience about going on a plane diapered, but the recommendations about wearing in public applies on the plane as well...
1. Don't be afraid of the bulge. I rather you wear a thicker, more absorbent diaper than a leaky, thin diaper.
2. Make sure the plastic of the diaper can handle the friction while you sit for a long period of time and won't rip (That happened before, but at home)
3. Don't run around the airport and attract attention to yourself
4. If you have to change on the plane, bring a plastic bag with you, or hide the diaper in one of the pockets that you have. Wearing and changing diapers is not a crime.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
To answer your question, yes urine is supposed to flow through a booster, however you should make sure that you are using a booster that is designed for this. The correct ones have no plastic backing,allowing the flow through it, but they will absorb it before the actual diaper starts absorbing. If you are using something like a baby diaper as a stuffer, you may have issues with liquid not flowing freely into the main diaper you're wearing, even if you poke holes in the backing. Hope that helps.

As for wearing on a plane, it shouldn't be a problem, you won't be the first person to do so for sure. I would just take the advice that other's have already said.

NinjaRider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
If you want some good advice. Take a Dramomean (sp?) if you get air sick, bring some music the airplane stations suck, see if you can change your ticket for a window seat, and remember flying at night is boring because there is nothing to look at that is untill you land

tbtimmy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
however you should make sure that you are using a booster that is designed for this. The correct ones have no plastic backing,allowing the flow through it, but they will absorb it before the actual diaper starts absorbing.

Yea, I'm using actual boosters, but it seems to have a plastic-ish backing. It is one of those pharmacy brands that I bought from a drug-store

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ive worn on flights many times, and like the others said it is easy. Airport personnel see thousands of people a day, if you think theyve never encountered a diapered adult you are kidding yourself. Just be sure you are dry when you get on, you never know when there will be a delay that leaves your plane sitting on the tarmac for an hour.

Also, remember that rule #1 is no #2. You are trapped in a very small place with other folks and thats just not cool :p

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I wore on an airplane for the first time 3 weeks back from Calgary to Phoenix. I did not diaper up untill I was through American customs (in Calgary) and security. I diapered up and got a big coffee and then waited for a while for my flight. By the time I arrived in Phoenix I was soaked. I changed out of the diaper in the public washroom that was fairly busy. Came out of the stall when no one was at the sinks and tossed out my diaper. The people in the other stalls could possibly hear the diaper but who cares, I was in another country and city.

I was wearing an abena x-plus, so I was a little conscious walking down the ramp in Phoenix cause it was certainly bulging.

Have fun wearing, it is a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.