Ah! Firefox is screwing me over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The new Firefox is remembering what I put into the address bar....aaah! What the eff! That was one of the things I liked about the old Firefox, it was great for cruising diaper sites.

Anyone else having this problem?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The new one does that for everyone...There might be a way to stop it...

Elizabeth

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
If you go into the Privacy tab in the Options menu, you can set Firefox to automatically clear your history whenever you close the browser. That ought to fix your problem.

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
"Whenever I close the browser"...apparently that's the key. It's still a little annoying though.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
There's something you can do in about:config.

I think.

You can always go in the options and tick the "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" box.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I had a look and there is no way to turn if off that I can tell. And unless you -really- know what you're doing, NEVER touch the configuration part! This is the Firefox equivalent to the Windows Registry.

Besides, if you have your browser set to clear all data after shutdown, there is absolutely no reason to get upset. Even those with the best eyes can't read URL text from the door, unless your monitor resolution is something like 800x600.

Plus, I find this feature extremely convenient. You can type anything relevant to the URL (not just part of the actual URL). I think it's great.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Mine doesn't remember where I've visited (same as FF2) ... BUT it lists ALL my bookmarks when you type something into the address bar...

Normally no one will dig through the folders in my bookmarks so I leave all sorts of stuff in them... but NOW if one my friends jumps on my computer quick and starts typing something in? ****.

tedster

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Mine doesn't remember where I've visited (same as FF2) ... BUT it lists ALL my bookmarks when you type something into the address bar...

Normally no one will dig through the folders in my bookmarks so I leave all sorts of stuff in them... but NOW if one my friends jumps on my computer quick and starts typing something in? ****.
Ahh, the 'awesome bar'. You can disable it quite easily, there's two options in this link here.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Just install the old bar... I did that ages ago.

Also, set your history to 0.

Problem solved, now surf with no worries!

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i have done it. this is how

Tools > Options > Privacy > Untick the what ever i enter in forms and address bar box

hope this helps

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I did that awhile ago...but it remembers what you type into the current box that's open. As soon as you close it it forgets, but still...

Role
Diaper Lover
This is weird, I have the EXACT OPPOSITE, when I typed in sites even with history set to 0 days, It would show them up in address bar history, now, with FF3, it DOES NOT do this.

With FF2, I just went to Google, and typed in where I wanted to go, and hit I'm Feeling Lucky. Because that did not go into address bar history as I did not type it in the address bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.