aggravating problem with search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
search (posts/threads) refuses to even consider a search string with a short word - even if it is accompanied by bigger words (4+ characters)

The search term you specified (bra) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.
I searched for [what's your bra size]... obviously bra+size will limit a search drastically down from either word alone. What gets me is an uncommon word like bra is called a common word just because it has 3 letters. Can the length parameter be removed? I have had trouble searching with this problem before, when I knew what I was looking for but couldn't remember the exact wording.
Happily, ["what's your bra size"] returns good search results ie [" "]

If this is an uncommon problem or if it would take too much time to rejig the search function I can live with my pain and frustration...

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have no answer to your problem, but I wondered why you were searching the word bra. xD

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I have no answer to your problem, but I wondered why you were searching the word bra. xD
He was looking into how to become a frat boy... or at least speak the lingo. "Wazzap bra? We got some crazy stuff here bra."

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
The minimum length required for a word to be searchable has been decreased from 4 to 3.
This should enable 3-letter words such as "bra" to be searched from now on.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Woot! Now I can search the word 'and' I've been wanting to do that!

lol... I kid.

But I do think the 3 letter word-limit helps.

Question, however. If we put a phrase in quotation marks, does that help narrow the search?

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Woot! Now I can search the word 'and' I've been wanting to do that!
Woot! Now I can change the minimum length limit to 8! I've been wanting to do that...

I kid :p

Mandi said:
Question, however. If we put a phrase in quotation marks, does that help narrow the search?

Try it and find out?

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Try it and find out?
I searched "I can live" in quotation marks and found that each artical contained the phrase. Without the quotation marks, it won't allow it due to the letter limitation with the "I".

Seems to work that time. As I Can and live are most likely to be in plenty of articals! And it only came up with four.

[EDIT]

I have also found out that searching a single 3 letter word on its own says it cannot find anything!? e.g. IRC, however, if I search IRC+milk it comes up with results...

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Ooh Moo you kidder! xD

I checked, when I did the quotes it didn't find anything, but I know it was a term used before. Maybe it looks for the quote in the post too.

And I noted that too, searched bra, and nothing came up, searched bra faker size, and things did.

Status
Not open for further replies.