After dribble

yfront

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've had post urination dribble since I was a boy, but it's been manageable with toilet paper, and the technique of milking out the last drops of urine with the finger. I should add that I've also been a DL, though I've tried to give it up lately.

Recently the dribble has got worse. Usually it's ok, but about 1 time in 4, however careful I am I end up with wet underpants. I'm sure it could be managed if I switched to wearing ordinary briefs with a small pad. But this means having an embarrassing conversation with my wife.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I sometimes dribble after I go.

Last edited:
I'm really careful, but it still happens, sometimes.

In my case, it gotten worse over time - I ended up with uncontrollable leaking and I have to wear diapers all the time if I do not want wet spots in my pants.
Do not be surprised if wet spots start appearing in your bed ( get a couple washable bed pads ) .

The sooner you have that talk with your wife, the easier it will be later on down the road if you need to switch to more protection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim100
Did it start with post urination dribble?

Yes it did start with mild PMD and progressively gotten worse over time. Do not be alarmed if you end up leaking a lot as time goes on.

Your doctor most likely will recommend Kegel .

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies. I also wet the bed recently (not badly, I woke up and there was only a spot on the bed, but my pyjama trousers were wetter) and I've had some near misses. I've been doing Kegel exercises regularly, but they obviously don't help much.

I have the pre and post urination dribbles ,, They started with just a small spot but over the years have grown to obvious large wet spots almost every time I went to the rest room, I have been wearing protection for a few years now for it , my urologist wanted to try meds I want to be med free and choose diapers instead, I can get by with a good pull up during the day but need a better diaper at night for bed wetting

Reactions: Wetshisbed and Wearing247
I don't mind slightly wet underwear so much - I had a mini accident earlier - but if it got worse, or I started bedwetting that would be more worrying.

What was the pre dribble like?

yfront said:
I don't mind slightly wet underwear so much - I had a mini accident earlier - but if it got worse, or I started bedwetting that would be more worrying.
What was the pre dribble like?
Involuntarily leaking when your bladder starts filling up and/or leaking when you feel like you need to pee .

The issue with "slightly wet" underwear and bedwetting is most likely going to get worse over time. Just be prepared .

Last edited:
Not experiencing that at present. But have had some near misses - my bladder seems to have less capacity than before.

Male guards and underwear liners are pretty cheap.

Yes, explaining it to my wife is the problem.

I can certainly identify, I've had dribbling for many years and found it increasing over the years. I may have mentioned it to my wife a time or two but for the most part I didn't talk about it.

As my dribbling increased I finally bought a pack of pads for my underwear. I mentioned to my wife I'd been dribbling and was tired of having wet underwear. It didn't bother her one bit.

Eventually I changed to absorbent underwear and really, REALLY liked them. I let my wife know they were so much more comfortable, I loved not having to try to position pads and they I just plain found it comforting that I could wear them and not worry about dribbling or leaking. I declared them, 'my underwear of choice'.

I quickly discovered I am a diaper lover. I began trying various protective underwear brands and sizes and now even buy full on briefs, just for the enjoyment of it.

There is no shame and there is no need to be embarrassed about wearing, especially when explaining it to your wife for practical reasons. Many people wear out of necessity. Lots of guys dribble. Sales of incontinence products are up and growing. You are not alone.

yfront said:
I've had post urination dribble since I was a boy... I should add that I've also been a DL, though I've tried to give it up lately.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I've always had the problem. I learned to squeeze my cock and balls to get the last stream out but some always remains. I used to stuff the pouch of my male underwear with a piece of diaper. This was before male guards were available. When I'm in panties I add a thin pad but the male guards are better.

Thank you. I'm also a diaper lover, so the onset of incontinence, though mild, is ironic. I'm glad your wife is understanding. I can't see mine being happy with the idea of my being incontinent - she will probably say I need to be more careful, try harder to stay dry etc. I don't even know how to introduce the subject. Maybe buy some pads and leave them for her to find?

yfront said:
Thank you. I'm also a diaper lover, so the onset of incontinence, though mild, is ironic. I'm glad your wife is understanding. I can't see mine being happy with the idea of my being incontinent - she will probably say I need to be more careful, try harder to stay dry etc. I don't even know how to introduce the subject. Maybe buy some pads and leave them for her to find?
My wife gave me the "your doing it on purpose" cause i have always like to wet but I like to wet when I want to wet not when it is a surprise, so it was very hard for her to believe me when I said I had to start wearing all the time cause i didn't want wet pant fronts at work.

Reactions: Wetshisbed
I had it start to happen after I was doing pull ups. So I would stand there and milk it out but a drop or two still went in my pants. I never thought to take some toil paper and put in my area. I had to wear boxer shorts in boot camp and for almost every occasion while in the Marine Corps. It wasn't until my wetting and other problems led to finding a nerve disease.
Hang in there tell your wife and doctor. Don't be embarrassed life happens.

Reactions: Wearing247
Women pads work I think

I only need a small pad, at least with my current leakage. But my wife won't like the pads, however small, or me changing from boxer shorts to briefs.

Back