Advise on wearing to the movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

devinous

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I need some advice. I have always wanted to try wearing a diaper o go see a movie and using it while there if need be. However i don't go to movie often and since I'm going next week i was going to try it. But a relative is going with a i don't want him to know. Any ideas? Is it to risky? The only supplies i have are diapers, baby powder, baby oil, a 1 pair clear plastic pants.

Thanks in advance!

S

Starrunner

I highly recommend going to the movies diapered. Once you've done it, you'll wonder why you've never done it before. I think your best bet is to wear jeans (they really cut down or eliminate the crinkle sound), and a long, somewhat baggy shirt. You may want to stay away from the baby powder or heavily scented baby products since you'll be sitting right next to your relative and that could raise more questions than the diapers themselves.

Good luck, have fun and let us know how it goes.

CodyBaby

Preschooler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Just for the sanity of others, please don't do a #2 in your diapers if you can control yourself, sharing that kind of smell with everyone just because you enjoy it isn't really nice for the others..

Aside from that, I've been diapered at the movies several times in the past, its really a nice relief when you need to pee really bad and the movie is in the best part, you can just relieve yourself and enjoy the movie rather than concentrating yourself on your need to go pee at the end of the movie...

MattiKins

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
Give us messers some credit, Cody, I wouldn't torture an audience with THAT... unless I was dragged to a movie that stinks even worse than my mess does.

I was sorely tempted to during Paranormal Activity. Hated that bore-fest.

Gatroz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Well, I would for sure go light on the powder if you're going to wear. It may be best to avoid it and just do it on your own, but keep in mind nobody is really suspicious of you wearing a diaper, so there's a low probability of you getting caught.. That is unless you're wearing light clothing or something that doesn't cover that area very well.
I think you'll be safe if you wearing heavy clothing, just make sure you're not wearing anything really scented (Without masking the smell at least).

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
I need some advice. I have always wanted to try wearing a diaper o go see a movie and using it while there if need be. However i don't go to movie often and since I'm going next week i was going to try it. But a relative is going with a i don't want him to know. Any ideas? Is it to risky? The only supplies i have are diapers, baby powder, baby oil, a 1 pair clear plastic pants.

Thanks in advance!

Baby Oil and Baby Powder... I'm IC (24/7 in either pads or diapers) and have NEVER (aside from childhood) used any of them... and I would not.
The last thing I'd like to is to smell like a baby... and the scent is kind of strong.
if you're worried about your SKIN: get a proper barrier cream / zinc cream... one made for adults (3M makes a good one: Cavilon).
Not only do those products actually protect your skin from prolonged contact with urine ... (or worse) ... but they're actually made for adults and don't smell like baby stuff.

So that's one aspect.

The others are this:
wear a diaper that is comfortable and field tested.
If I rarely get a different type of diaper or pad than the ones I have come to trust, I'd thoroughly test them for some time (if I can) before I choose to use the product outside from home/family...
In your case... drink your average stuff that you'd do at the cinema, wear that diaper, sit on a chair and wet.,... see how it works.
do this a few times and you'll know how the diapers you have handle the situation... if it's 50% leaks, you know that you'll most likely leak at the cinema.

Noise? rarely an issue... honestly the "crinkle" - most poeple never notice, and the few who do rarely know what it is.
So I wouldn't worry.

Bulge though, well that I would worry about... if your diapers are crazy thick - they probably aren't invisible (depending on how attentive your friends are).

EmilyL

#cuteandadorable Little
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little

Thanks in advance!

I'd suggest making sure you know your diaper's capacity. Put one on without the plastic pant and sit in a chair for 2.5 hours (ride before and after takes time too). Now whenever you have to pee, pee. Do not stop until your time's up. The time being up represents you getting home from the movie. If the diaper doesn't leak then you should be fine. Also try hard to maintain tight legs when taping. When sitting the rear of the diaper around your legs will be the leaking point. And if it's more than a few drops it'll probably spill out of your plastic pant and soak into your clothing.

Honeywell6180

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'll admit, I am developmentally disabled, so I'm not likely to think like a neuro-typical. Autistic as I am, I never put in much thought about foregoing the baby powder. I have worn either Luvs or Pampers diapers as a pad, and they had a strong baby powder scent back in the mid 1990's. Although their scent was very obvious, I never received a single negative comment from anybody. In fact, I got the same amount of respect from them as anybody else did, who did not have a disability. I was known to achieve some very strong, and positive performance appraisals at work when I was wearing protection, and not so much when I was doing without. That, of course, could have been my self-confidence and my greater ability to concentrate on what I was doing, rather than how I felt physically, or how I was influenced by any outside sensory input. I think the baby powder, along with the scent of the Pampers at the time, helped mitigate a lot of the negative environmental factors and helped improve my work performance.

babyyoni

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
one thing, rember to put the diaper as TIGHT as you can, even if it leaves a mark, that way you make sure it won't leak, unless it comes from the top :dunno: but i skip the platsic pants, its gets hot in that and it don't pervent leaks

blob

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I never used to use baby powder, but if I go 24/7 for a few days I find it really helps. I just get regular J&J, it doesn't really smell and makes wearing for prolonged periods of time much more comfortable.

I also wear to the movies all the time, usually thick Abena m4's or molicare xplus. It is great, and you will want to go to the movies diapered every time after that!

downtide

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I wear 24/7 but I never use lotion and only rarely use powder. Just be sure to clean yourself well between changes. And my diaper of choice for the cinema would be Tena Slip Maxis. They hold a lot but they're not as bulky as Abena M4s so they're more discreet in public.

paddedhawk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
The one thing i would still add is that it can be hard to actually let go in the theater seats. The front is higher than the back. The only time i tried this i had to go but i couldn't let go. I finally went on the way out to my car but because it wasnt a great diaper and i really flooded it it leaked as soon as i sat in the seat. To go in the theater you might have to lift your but up a little, which might look a little weird if you are with someone.

I would not worry about a bulky diaper, you could even wear sweatpants and people would just think you like to be comfy in the theater. With the dimmed lights you wont be caught in themovies.

terig

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
A good fitting, hi capacity diaper, hi backed no wick plastic panties, and to be honest, baby powder does not seemed to be offensive to others, good luck and enjoy the movie, I know I do.

cm90210

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've worn to movies twice or three times in my life -- in a couple ways, I think it's a good public place to wear. In others, not so good.

"Pros" - Once the film is playing, it's dark and very often when going to a film, it's dark outside = less likely to be noticed. People are focused on the film not on other so much (as in a bar or club or more social venue) = less likely to be noticed once again. It's not a super active activity which don't often mesh the best with diapers (say, as opposed to something like jogging or long walks) = no chafing, easy to keep your diaper adjusted correctly. Longshot: an embarrassing/laughable explanation (for the non-IC) in the case of being noticed might be that you are wearing because you have to pee a lot of times in a normal hour and you don't want to have to get up. However, you do get to enjoy the perks of that: actually not having to get up even after drinking an overpriced large soda. Seats lend themselves to no diaper exposure (no holes in the seat backs where waist-bands can be glimpsed).

"Cons" - tight quarters = odors are bad?? Leaks (sitting isn't always the best position for containing them) = odor/stains?? For some, difficult to wet sitting down; acquired skill at the very least. The predictable 'waddle' when walking out wet is noticeable/embarrasing. No real discrete place to change/dispose = you're stuck taking it home more likely than not. Very often, movie going is something people do with friends -- so if those you're going with don't know about your diapers, you risk exposure.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Pad up thickly if you do go. Sitting is second only to laying on your side pointed up in terms of leak risk. your waist changes geometry when you sit down and the lower tapes tend to slack up quite a bit, plus you're sitting on the padding that normally would be able to wick up, and it won't work nearly as well.

I'd suggest making sure you can wet while sitting while at home, and get your capacity limit for your brand and fit of diaper figured out before you wet in public.

askmelater47

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
wearing to the movies is no big deal, just wear some baggy pants and a good length shirt. i wear abena m4 and they really arent noticeable under baggy pants, and id trust this diaper wetting from any position.

ozbub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Checkout Leo's post on the cartoons thread. lol. Perhaps just wearing a diaper is good advice. :)

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
My suggestions:

Wear dark colored clothing, if it's a long movie, this will prevent awkward moments if you leak a tid-bit from the rear. (Happens a lot when sitting)

Don't use baby powder, or at least not a lot. A simple lotion works best, unscented if possible, mildly so if you must.

Snug, not tight. Contrary to popular belief, strapping a diaper on as tight as possible doesn't help prevent leaks, especially if you flood. The more surface area moisture has to hit, the faster it can be absorbed. Tape the lower tapes fairly snug, and the upper ones a bit less so.

Make sure to...well, adjust. Point down, it will make it less likely to leak from the front then. If you can, "Bridge" when wetting. (Arms/Legs on ground, rump lifted a bit, allowing for better liquid dispersion.)

Bring a blanket. This allows for minor adjustments without drawing attention to yourself. Also makes it snuggly.

Enjoy the movie!

Beloney

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I do all the time, never go with out. Wear a good quality like a Bellissimo so you know it won't leak. Jeans or cargo shorts like others said will reduce noise. I use a fair amount of baby powder and I've never been questioned plus it helps with any smell and keeps skin soft and dry!:)

cgh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've just got back from watching "Monsters University" at the cinema. It was a good movie, but the experience was somewhat spoilt by the number of people traipsing in and out to go to the bathroom. I was tempted to start handing out padding by the end.

In terms of managing padding at the cinema it's basically the same as in any other location. The background noise of rustling popcorn bags, people sipping drinks and so on is more than enough to cover up any crinkling noises.

Enjoy the movie! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.