Advice and Sharing What I've Learned

newt

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have been dealing with IC and wearing diapers 24/7 now for the last 3 years. It has been a long journey, but I've finally gotten to the point I am comfortable with wearing and dealing with the issues. I've learned a lot the last three years from my own experience and from sites like this one. As I'm sure many of you have learned the hard way, becoming IC is very much like being thrown into the deep end with very little help and guidance. Even though a lot of the things I'm going to discuss is shared often on this forum, I wanted to give my own advice and thoughts. My problems started when I was single. But since then, I have met a girl, got engaged, and even won my first trial--all in diapers. Even if it makes at least one person's experience easier it will be worth it. And feel free to add your own thoughts.

The beginning of the journey is the absolute worst. At least for me, even though I went to my doctor and then urologists, none of them EVER gave any guidance about protection and what to do in the mean time. They just wanted to do tests. Which, of course, I did to, but I still was lost on which diapers to buy, how to help with rashes, how to hide it etc. And even if you are given the perfect diaper for yourself, it doesnt do anything to help your shame, fear of being found out, and thinking that literally everyone can see the bulge, hear the crinkles, and smell everything. So, if you are just starting your own journey, here is what I have learned and tips and tricks.

1. Choose the Right Diaper

First, you need to find the right diaper. (As a side note, I will only refer to diapers as diapers. I cannot stand when people and doctors use words like "briefs" or "pads." To me, they refer to the same thing, but imply diapers are somehow shameful. Optometrists don't make up different names for glasses and contacts). What you will want will change by the amount of accidents and the volume. But will never change is the best diaper for you is the one that fits the best. A poor fitting heavy brief will leak before a perfect fitting lesser brief.

My advice is to order samples of a few different brands (make sure you get two sizes of each brand if you are even close to being in between). I recommend samples from LLMedico and Northshore. I also learned the hard way to not fear bulk. At first it seems like the thicker diapers must be OBVIOUS to everyone. But unless you wear tight clothes, nobody notices. Seriously, the greatest lesson I learned from wearing is that nobody ever notices anything. But having a slightly thicker diaper means less leaks, less diaper changes, and much less stress. But thats not to say that smaller, more discreet diapers don't have their place. Now this list is different for everyone, but this is what I found works best for me.

Workhorse Diaper: Northshore Megamax. To me, best on the market. Fits me perfectly. Never leaks. Despite being thick, I think they are less bulgy than others. I wear these for work (when no court), going out, and anytime I need more protection.

Discrete/Cloth Backed Diaper: I love Seni Super Quattro. They fit me well. Hold a lot. Make NO noise. I use these for working out/physical activity, with clothes/situations I can't get away a megamax.

Suit Diaper: This may not apply to everyone, but if you need to wear suits, it may help. I use Northshore Supreme LITES. Definitely do not hold as much, but fortunately, I almost always have court in the morning, so I just skip coffee and try to limit water intake as much as possible (PSA: DO NOT use this method for daily life. You think it makes sense, but limiting water makes pee smell worse and definitely will irritate your skin faster).

Other diapers I've tried that I didn't like for different reasons but recommend trying: (1) Betterdry. These are definitely nice, but despite having a 36 inch waist, neither medium nor large fit me right. Worth a try. (2) Dry 24/7. Used to be my main choice. They fit well, but quality has definitely seems to go down. Still a good diaper. (3) Abriform (M3 and M4): Same as Dry 24/7. Good diapers, but quality seems to have gone down hill.

Avoid at all costs (unless you have EXTREMELY minor leaks): (1) Anything from CVs/Walgreens. As reliable as putting paper towels in your underwear. (2) Tranquility ATNs. Better than CVS/Walgreens brands but still unreliable and sound like maracas each step.

2. Take Care of Your Skin

Trust me, if you haven't gotten diaper rash, do whatever you can to avoid it. Keep your skin clean. Everytime you change, make sure you wipe well. That sounds obvious, but wow is it important. Use the adult-size wipes. The baby ones are fine in a pinch, but small.

Barrier Cream: This is super important. You can try different ones, but the one I found that has worked perfect for me the last 2 years (that first year without it was horrible) is the 3M Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream. Best on the market. If it stops being sold I will be devastated.

Cleansing Cream: Also very important. You don't need to use for EVERY change (I don't bring it with me in public). I usually do it in the morning before I shower and before I put on my last diaper before bed. I use the TENA cleansing cream, but I think other brands are good as well.

3. Be Patient With Yourself

After dealing with this for a while, I look back and laugh at myself thinking how nervous I was about having to wear diapers. I thought they were so obvious it was a spotlight. I wondered how I would date. But people are so involved in their own world when out in public, they are not looking at the diaper bulge. And if they do, most will assume it is a trick of the eye. And on the off chance they do notice, they will most likely never say anything.

But that is not my advice. Until you learn this from experience, it is just words. My advice is to be patient with yourself. Its ok to feel ashamed. Nervous. Scared. I was. Start small. But don't stop or hide. You will become comfortable at your own pace. But don't let it win. You're not a lesser human because of it. It will NOT stop you from finding love or acceptance. I've already wrote a novel but I could write another on dating.

Anyway. If you've read this far, I hope it helps. I barely scratched the surface, so I would be happy to answer other questions and look forward to people sharing their own advice. Like I said, forums like these helped me, so I owe it to try to share my own knowledge and experiences.

Reactions: joemama, Fleetwoodmac32192, Napincolove and 9 others

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
newt said:
I have been dealing with IC and wearing diapers 24/7 now for the last 3 years. It has been a long journey, but I've finally gotten to the point I am comfortable with wearing and dealing with the issues. I've learned a lot the last three years from my own experience and from sites like this one. As I'm sure many of you have learned the hard way, becoming IC is very much like being thrown into the deep end with very little help and guidance.
The "deep end" analogy is a good one. I got most of my initial help from incontinentsupport.org, where I am still a member.

newt said:
The beginning of the journey is the absolute worst. At least for me, even though I went to my doctor and then urologists, none of them EVER gave any guidance about protection and what to do in the mean time. They just wanted to do tests.
My urge IC started during the pandemic, so I didn't even have face to face meetings with my doctor. Being a patient with diabetes, I did finally get an appointment only to be told that because I didn't test with a UTI, that it was due to nerve damage (common for diabetes).

newt said:
Which, of course, I did to, but I still was lost on which diapers to buy,
That was the next problem. The "diaper" at the time seemed like such an extreme response to the problem (I was unable to hold it when shopping, and at a time when nobody kept their washrooms open). Finally, I realized I had to do something, so just picked something unisex out at the local drug store. It wasn't a very good choice, but that was my initial foray.

Good post.

newt said:
And even if you are given the perfect diaper for yourself, it doesnt do anything to help your shame, fear of being found out, and thinking that literally everyone can see the bulge, hear the crinkles, and smell everything. So, if you are just starting your own journey, here is what I have learned and tips and tricks.
If I were simple, this part would have been simpler. But I had to share my predicament with my wife, who was skeptical of my need at the start. Eventually, she understood once the doctor indicated the cause.

newt said:
First, you need to find the right diaper. (As a side note, I will only refer to diapers as diapers.
I agree, but my wife hates the term because of association with smell and mess, after raising three children.

newt said:
My advice is to order samples of a few different brands (make sure you get two sizes of each brand if you are even close to being in between). I recommend samples from LLMedico and Northshore. I also learned the hard way to not fear bulk. At first it seems like the thicker diapers must be OBVIOUS to everyone.
Your mileage may vary here. My first problem was learning where to shop. Once I started shopping online and getting advice from forums, I was better informed.

A lot of folks immediately run to the thick diapers like the MegaMax. I have found that they are more than I need, unless I am taking an 8 hour journey in a car (like I did once). So obviously get samples and try stuff out. I had a lot of initial restraint, fearing spousal disapproval, but finally one day she simply said that she trusts that I will use whatever I find necessary. This was a bit of a journey for both of us.

newt said:
But unless you wear tight clothes, nobody notices. Seriously, the greatest lesson I learned from wearing is that nobody ever notices anything. But having a slightly thicker diaper means less leaks, less diaper changes, and much less stress.
The first times out in a diaper, I was terrified. But I endured it and discovered that nobody notices and nobody cares. I did get noticed once when my pull-up was bulged out too far (I didn't know this until I got home to change). But nothing was said, and I'll probably never see that store help again. :LOL:

newt said:
Suit Diaper: This may not apply to everyone, but if you need to wear suits, it may help. I use Northshore Supreme LITES. Definitely do not hold as much, but fortunately, I almost always have court in the morning, so I just skip coffee and try to limit water intake as much as possible (PSA: DO NOT use this method for daily life. You think it makes sense, but limiting water makes pee smell worse and definitely will irritate your skin faster).
In my situation, I can get by with just a pull-up in the day time since I still mostly have control. But with the added IBS-d that I have sometimes, and the U-IC if I'm not careful, the pull-up gives me just enough protection to survive an accident. When it's a fecal accident, things are a bit worse, but at home it has saved my clothing. Jeans are expensive.

newt said:
Avoid at all costs (unless you have EXTREMELY minor leaks): (1) Anything from CVs/Walgreens. As reliable as putting paper towels in your underwear. (2) Tranquility ATNs. Better than CVS/Walgreens brands but still unreliable and sound like maracas each step.
There's the expression "never say never".

I have used the cheapest lamest briefs (cloth backed diapers) with underwear briefs as a compression pant at times. These provide me just enough "accident prevention" for my day time needs without being bulky or costly. In fact these were about half the price of the pull-ups I usually buy. This filled the "lowest cost is the law" need. Obviously, this solution is not for everyone, but there may be a few that will find this useful. I've learned to keep an open mind.

newt said:
2. Take Care of Your Skin

Trust me, if you haven't gotten diaper rash, do whatever you can to avoid it. Keep your skin clean. Everytime you change, make sure you wipe well. That sounds obvious, but wow is it important. Use the adult-size wipes. The baby ones are fine in a pinch, but small.
This varies by the IC individual as well. But keeping clean and airing out are important to skin care.

newt said:
3. Be Patient With Yourself

After dealing with this for a while, I look back and laugh at myself thinking how nervous I was about having to wear diapers. I thought they were so obvious it was a spotlight. I wondered how I would date. But people are so involved in their own world when out in public, they are not looking at the diaper bulge. And if they do, most will assume it is a trick of the eye. And on the off chance they do notice, they will most likely never say anything.
Being "incontinent" is a medical condition, or disability if you will. It is embarrassing perhaps, but nothing you need to feel guilty for. This gave me more confidence, knowing that if I had to explain, that there was an explanation.

newt said:
My advice is to be patient with yourself. Its ok to feel ashamed. Nervous. Scared. I was. Start small. But don't stop or hide. You will become comfortable at your own pace. But don't let it win. You're not a lesser human because of it. It will NOT stop you from finding love or acceptance. I've already wrote a novel but I could write another on dating.
Yes. It's a journey, and one that I am still navigating. Most days now, I don't give it much thought. But there are a few mornings of self doubt where I wake up in a wet one and think how childish or shameful it is. But I remind myself that this is not something I chose. So I have my shower and cleanup, and begin a whole new day, meeting the challenges as the come.

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I've been IC most of my life but past years I've gone to full 24-7
took me years to find a diaper I like.
Lots of trying different brands just to finally settle on Abena M4 and later L4
I use the same one regardless of what situation I am in
No suit diapers. I never wear a suit.

Having confidence in diapers is huge
As is acceptance in needing them.

It's hard to picture my life without diapers now

Thanks for sharing your story & advice

Seasonedcitizen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Great advice. Thanks for sharing.

newt

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Thanks for responding!

I do agree with both of you that mileage definitely varies on choosing the right diaper for yourself. But once you find one that works for you everything becomes so much easier. And like Sparky Dog said, it gives you confidence.

Its not always easy or cheap. I learned the hard way ordering full packages only to have them be too big/small or just not work for me.

I think it comes down to 3 things choosing the right diaper. First, it needs to meet your individual IC needs. I agree with Slim there, for some, megamax is overkill. For others, just right. The more you know yourself, the better you choose. For me, my bladder is wonderfully unpredictable. Most of the time, my OAB makes me have plenty of smaller accidents. Not a lot of volume. But then, sometimes it decides to work for an hour or two. Then it will decide all of a sudden GET TO THE BATHROOM. Ill try to rush to thr bathroom, but too often I cant make it and then I flood. Which is why I prefer Megamax because I know it will hold the flood. Without these floods, I would definitely prefer something other than megamax.

Second, I think personal fit is important, as I mentioned before. I dont know why, but the leakguards in megamax fits me perfect. But the northshore supremes just dont fit me as well. Both are fantastic diapers. For someone else, it may be the opposite. There is no one size fits all. Experiment and find the best for you.

And finally, as the others have mentioned, confidence. If you feel confident the diaper will take care of your needs, EVERYTHING changes.

And sometimes your preferred brand changes like others mentioned as well. Sometimes brands make changes (good or bad). Sometimes your needs and preferences do.

newt

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Also I don’t want to make it seem like I am an expert or have it all figured out. I definitely do not. I still struggle with this. I still learn from others on this board all the time. I just know when i first started i soaked up all the advice like a sponge. Some helped me some didnt. But it made me happier knowing things could get better

rennecfox

Continuing to put quarters in the life game
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
for suits you may want to consider some plastic pants if you have fecal issues, just the only tip I'd add as this list is really good.

Turfy

ADISC Discord Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
newt said:
Also I don’t want to make it seem like I am an expert or have it all figured out. I definitely do not. I still struggle with this. I still learn from others on this board all the time. I just know when i first started i soaked up all the advice like a sponge. Some helped me some didnt. But it made me happier knowing things could get better
Your hard work and considered thought that went into this post are amazing, as well of course the harsh experiences. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this all down! I'm sure someone, even just a lurker, will receive real help and benefit from this, and you can feel awesome about that!

🌟A Gold Star for you!!!!

todderhr

Toddler in Hampton Roads, VA, USA
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
newt said:
But since then, I have met a girl, got engaged, and even won my first trial--all in diapers.
Bravo to you for not letting it slow you down!!!

newt

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Turfy said:
Your hard work and considered thought that went into this post are amazing, as well of course the harsh experiences. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this all down! I'm sure someone, even just a lurker, will receive real help and benefit from this, and you can feel awesome about that!

🌟A Gold Star for you!!!!
Thank you! As a long time lurker I know how it feels to desperately go through these forums for any help, too scared to even ask questions. Its a difficult experience for anyone to go through but its possible to adapt and thrive!

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I became incontinent in 1994. The internet as we know it didn't exist back then. Attends 6 tape briefs and/or Depends briefs were available at some pharmacies. Institutional diapers were only available through surgical supplies stores, home health stores, and mail order, and you only found out about them through a medical referral or an ad in a disability magazine. My cousin worked for a hospital supply company and provided me with cases of institutional Attends.

We found an ad in MS magazine (multiple sclerosis, which I do not have) for a company specializing in cloth diapers and plastic pants. The owner of that company is who first gave me several Molicare Supers, which he had brought back from Germany. It took a year before I was able to purchase my first case of Molicare from a mail order business in Kentucky. The owner of that company had finally bit the bullet and imported a container of Molicare. Within a year he imported Abena diapers.

So unlike you @newt, there was little for me to experiment with in the beginning and nothing that you would even consider useable. Not complaining. It's just been a different journey. I won't touch an Abena diaper now, not because it doesn't have merit, but because it is half the product from when I first wore them. MEGAMAX is the first diaper I did not have a list of improvements that I felt would make it a better diaper, and the minor changes it has gone through have all been subtle improvements.

You have laid out some solid advice for many needing support. I hope all of us try to keep it on page 1 of the forum for awhile, to see how effective it is.

newt

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
CheshireCat said:
I became incontinent in 1994. The internet as we know it didn't exist back then. Attends 6 tape briefs and/or Depends briefs were available at some pharmacies. Institutional diapers were only available through surgical supplies stores, home health stores, and mail order, and you only found out about them through a medical referral or an ad in a disability magazine. My cousin worked for a hospital supply company and provided me with cases of institutional Attends.

We found an ad in MS magazine (multiple sclerosis, which I do not have) for a company specializing in cloth diapers and plastic pants. The owner of that company is who first gave me several Molicare Supers, which he had brought back from Germany. It took a year before I was able to purchase my first case of Molicare from a mail order business in Kentucky. The owner of that company had finally bit the bullet and imported a container of Molicare. Within a year he imported Abena diapers.

So unlike you @newt, there was little for me to experiment with in the beginning and nothing that you would even consider useable. Not complaining. It's just been a different journey. I won't touch an Abena diaper now, not because it doesn't have merit, but because it is half the product from when I first wore them. MEGAMAX is the first diaper I did not have a list of improvements that I felt would make it a better diaper, and the minor changes it has gone through have all been subtle improvements.

You have laid out some solid advice for many needing support. I hope all of us try to keep it on page 1 of the forum for awhile, to see how effective it is.
I can’t even imagine how difficult it must have been to navigate this issue without the internet or a long list of diapers you could try. This journey is hard enough now.

Definitely puts recent experiences into perspective. But if you can make it through that, we can all make it through it. Youre the Gandalf to our fellowship

Diaperman95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I would like to welcome you to the community. I too am a incontinent 24/7 diaper user most of my life. I was very hesitant about joining this group as I just am not into many of things here. But this is one of the finest friendliest groups of people I have ever had the privilege to get to know. We have so many members that are here because of the C in ADISC. Many with other more serious medical issues like me, and visiting with them has just been therapeutic for me. Then also the ABDL members have good advice and have tested many products and are interdicting to learn about what makes them tick. I am very impressed with how most everyone is just honest about who they are.

As for your post I have only ever had one urologist eve give me advice on absorbent products. Most, like you said want to just do test. Then when they ask to check your prostrate or something act like they are surprised you are using a diaper. It is like do you not not remember telling you in great detail the last two visit that I can not hold my Pee? Then they are shocked when you finally give up on their test and surgery and stuff and tell them you are fine just using diapers or other absorbent products I am in the hospital now and I had a nurse gathered my trash today and ask if I was using a diaper. She seen one in my trash as I do not even tell them anymore unless I need too. I said if you look in my chart I am incontinent. Then she starts asking why I can’t hold my pee? as a 46 yr old male should be able too. This is exactly why I do not even tell them any more unless I need help. Most really are pretty understanding but not all or them. I have a lot more health issues than I use to even though I have always had a lot of medical issues but they have multiplied as I got older. But as I have became middle age I don’t have near as many people question my IC. Most are very compassionate to the situation. That and I never make them help me unless I am just dead ill.
You are correct though we need more doctors especially urologist to become educated on incontinence products and not just think all diapers and pads are equal. Most of them do not even know about premium extended wear diapers or the Benifets to you skin.

Anyway enough rambling if you ever want to talk just hit me up. I am excited to learn more about all our members. I wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas. 🎄. I hope you stick around and really get a lot out of the group.

Reactions: joemama and LePew

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Diaperman95 said:
Then she starts asking why I can’t hold my pee? as a 46 yr old male should be able too.
After needing a Foley catheter for six weeks following my prostate cancer surgery at 54yo, I went to the local hospital clinic to have the catheter removed. After the nurse removed it, I pulled a diaper out of my back sack and started putting it on. The nurse showed her disapproval on her face while asking, "Why are you putting on a diaper when a men's guard is adequate. You probably won't have any leakage at all. That diaper is ridiculous." I simply said, "I've been incontinent since '94. You're telling me that prostate removal cures incontinence?" She pointed to the door and said, "Turn left when you exit." Like most professions, a lot of medical personnel are not that smart. The moral of the story... Never let people's ignorance and/or stupidity drive your feelings regarding your incontinence.

Reactions: joemama

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
newt said:
I can’t even imagine how difficult it must have been to navigate this issue without the internet or a long list of diapers you could try. This journey is hard enough now.

Definitely puts recent experiences into perspective. But if you can make it through that, we can all make it through it.
All of us have a story. My story may reflect a different time for quality and access to product, but my story is no different and no worse than anyone else here regarding coping with incontinence. Whether light or heavy, U-IC or F-IC or both, incontinence appears to be a monster that wants to alienate us from society, when in reality it is our own determination that can cause us to remove ourselves from others. That is why posts like yours are so important. It puts the primary goal of the Incontinence Forum front and center... excellent support for living in the real world from those in the same situation.

newt said:
Youre the Gandalf to our fellowship
More like the crazy grandpa that everyone puts up with!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Diaperman95 and parcelboy2

IncognitoAura

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
newt said:

But that is not my advice. Until you learn this from experience, it is just words. My advice is to be patient with yourself. Its ok to feel ashamed. Nervous. Scared. I was. Start small. But don't stop or hide. You will become comfortable at your own pace. But don't let it win. You're not a lesser human because of it. It will NOT stop you from finding love or acceptance. I've already wrote a novel but I could write another on dating.
Thanks for sharing :) I'm still trying to get past the worry of people noticing, reading this gives me the confidence that I will get there some day :)

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
CheshireCat said:
After needing a Foley catheter for six weeks following my prostate cancer surgery at 54yo, I went to the local hospital clinic to have the catheter removed. After the nurse removed it, I pulled a diaper out of my back sack and started putting it on. The nurse showed her disapproval on her face while asking, "Why are you putting on a diaper when a men's guard is adequate. You probably won't have any leakage at all. That diaper is ridiculous." I simply said, "I've been incontinent since '94. You're telling me that prostate removal cures incontinence?" She pointed to the door and said, "Turn left when you exit." Like most professions, a lot of medical personnel are not that smart. The moral of the story... Never let people's ignorance and/or stupidity drive your feelings regarding your incontinence.
So like others didn’t read your notes properly 🙄🙄

Diaperman95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
CheshireCat said:
It is like do you not read the medical records or the people you are helping. 🤔. I have heard of doctors telling patients to put on a diaper or pull up after surgery and having the catheter out just because they do not know how peoples bladder function is going to be. I had a friend that they put him in a diaper. He ended up needing it to. It made him bad incontinent. He had cancer and radiation and stuff first.

I don’t let them hurt my feelings anymore. I had a nurse change my bedding today when I got out of the shower. They had a reusable bed pad down under me and a disposable too. She said you know you do not need to lay on these bed pads if you do not want. They normally only put them down for incontinent people. I said well that is me. She was real nice but she was shocked I think. I told her I change myself and keep up with it. I said I have good products and seldom have leaks. She just said well bless your heart. She has been really good to me all day though. So they are not all bad. They took my blood for another culture today. So Al long as nothing grows I will be out Tuesday. If not we have to fo another culture. I am sick of this damn hospital bed. But I am feeling good, a hell of a lot better than when I was here two weeks ago. You have a very Merry Christmas.

Reactions: CheshireCat and dogboy

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I hope and pray you continue to get better. Sucks to be in the hospital on Christmas.

Diaperman95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
CheshireCat said:
All of us have a story. My story may reflect a different time for quality and access to product, but my story is no different and no worse than anyone else here regarding coping with incontinence. Whether light or heavy, U-IC or F-IC or both, incontinence appears to be a monster that wants to alienate us from society, when in reality it is our own determination that can cause us to remove ourselves from others. That is why posts like yours are so important. It puts the primary goal of the Incontinence Forum front and center... excellent support for living in the real world from those in the same situation.

More like the crazy grandpa that everyone puts up with!
Incontinence it’s self outside of bad infectious bed sores on non ambulatory people have never killed anyone. It is merely a symptom of other health issues. For the most of us their is no real reason it should destroy our lives with the great products we have today. I have been incontinent for decades now and I have seen the change in products over the years and even bowel incontinence is very well contained now a days. If bad enough or often enough even if it is daily and often we can take internal deodorizers.

No reason anyone should be held back or disabled by incontinence alone. I just finally realized that no matter a persons sex or age it happens to millions of people. About 300 million world wide or 5 % of the population. That is one in 20 people of all ages. Now think how many people you know and do some math. Then you need to realize there are almost as many people dealing with it that never told there doctor. I mean even though I been bladder IC and using diapers for years I only recently started having bowel IC. I dealt with bowel IC for almost 2 years before I told the doctor it was getting to be a issue. We just let embarrassment stop us. So in reality it might be as much as 10% or more of the population. Younger folks are way less likely to talk to the doctor and males are even worse. We are stubborn people. 😂 That is 1 out of every ten people. Then if that is not enough to realize that it is not your fault then think of it like this because this is how I finally accepted my Incontinence. Wearing a diaper, pull up or a pad is nothing that not anyone you know or talk to would do if they had the same medical issue. Not no one in their right damn mind is going to let piss or poop run down their leg and soak their pants. We do not make fun of people for having cancer or having to use a wheelchair. How is incontinence or diapers different. I have been wearing a mega max almost every day for 3 years. That is with ease one of the biggest most absorbent diapers made and not once has someone came up to me in public and asked if I was wearing a diaper. I also go bowling 🎳 on league about 2 times a week with about 50 people. I do not think anyone suspects nothing. Just wear some relaxed clothes and no one knows. I am replying to you Cheshire because you brought it up but I am talking to all the incontinent members. Especially once that are afraid to live. I have done most every accomplishment in my life wearing a diaper I bowled a 300 in my mega max. 😂. I have played volleyball softball and so much more all padded up. I have rode theme park rides and driven 1 million mile across country behind the wheel of a semi truck. As stated the only thing stopping most of us is the fear of others finding out.

Go live your life no one in your place would not go without a diaper or protection in your spot. Mostly do not accept it is just part of getting older or anything else. Talk to your doctor and go see a urologist and get it checked out. Often it can be cured or slowed and as I stated remember incontinence is not a disease it is a symptom of another problem.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmasand happy New year! If you let Incontinence control you make a New Years resolution this year. If you need help or encouragement please PM me or other Incontinent members. This is a support group for you too. I love my ADSIC family and hope everyone gets to spend some time with those they love.

Merry Christmas to you and your family Cheshire you are a good friend.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and CheshireCat