Adult Pullups and room for improvements (ABDL)

Would you buy ABDL Pullups?

• Yes Regularly

Votes: 36 49.3%
  • Yes Soemtimes

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Once or Twice

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 16.4%

• Total voters

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Adult Diapers have evolved a lot over the past few years. Medical supply companies have fully embraced ABDL diapers, some are even manufacturing their own thick and printed diaper. Long gone are the days where adult diapers are limited to medical designs.

Next up are Pull Ups, the market is completely desolate!

For the most part adult pull ups look like granny pants. The waist band is too frilly and if worn properly will come up past your belly button. It's very unflattering. Also the absorbancy is not very good, do they even go up to 2000 or 3000ml?

Is it necessary to have a pull up rise up this high? I've never had my pee reach my belly button.

dd11.jpg

There are some companies like NorthShore which has 'Go Supreme' which is doesn't rise to high and is somewhat similar to Ninjamas or actual toddler Pull Ups.... but it's still plain/no print and unflattering.

Always has launched their discrete line which includes pull up diapers with some print and design, this is pretty cool but it's a limited audience and they still look like granny pants.

Depends has Real Fit (seen below), many of us here on ADISC complain that Depends are unreliable and not very good to look at. I bought some Real Fit and tried them, my first thought was "this looks like a black garbage bag". And I leaked each time I used it. It's not soft either.

Not my photo
dep.jpg

So this leaves me with having to wear Goodnites, and believe it or not Goodnites are more reliable than Depends pull ups.

When will we get a proper ABDL pull up which is reliable, 3000ml+, fun, doesn't fit like granny pants? ABDL briefs have revolutionized the vanilla world, I'm sure pull ups can and will do the same!

nn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KittyMerriweather, DiaperedBedwetter1998, LainIsLain and 2 others
If we had good cute pull ups that can compare to at least mid tier ABDL diapers, I'd buy them.

Reactions: perlFerret
The pull ups I wear, DryDirect, have a 94 ounce (2,779 ml) rated capacity. They do not pull up particularly high. The top of them is very similar to normal briefs in that it remains below the top of my outer clothing (slacks and/or shorts). If they came in an AB print, I've no idea if I would purchase them. I suspect how "in your face" the print would be. If it were subtle, I might try them. But, if it screamed I'm an AB I probably wouldn't.

Reactions: KittyMerriweather
The day a comparable pull-up is made for the ab community that has a full front to back mat and standing leak guards that don’t look like granny panties I would probably switch to them as underwear.

Reactions: KittyMerriweather and chamberpot
I voted yes regularly ... I wear pull ups every day and have for a few years , granny pantie style but I fold the top way down and wear a pair of briefs over them to hold them in place , they work well for me for a few wettings , easy enough for me in my situation to change often as needed

I don’t mind the waist material... I just want one with padding that fully covers both front and back. DryDirect isn’t bad. RealFits have good front coverage but no back coverage; and to stiff.

If a great pull-up came out, I’d probably switch to that exclusively.

I wear Depend Real-Fit underwear during the day to hide any urge leakage, but I would never expect them to hold a full voiding incident. As for pull-ups in general, I don't think the upper part is strong enough to hold a full wetting. When I've worn other pull-ups, when I do a full wetting, I feel like I'm wearing a wet sand bag held up by two bungy cords at my waist. I suppose that could be fixed by wearing underwear over the top, but for me, I'd rather just wear a disposable brief with tapes. I can arrange the tapes securely so that all the liquid I put into the diaper will be supported without sagging.

Last edited:
This is an interesting topic. I haven't tried any pullups yet but I think I would like to. It seems what some people are after is a more convenient disposable diaper with out the time and hassle of actually putting one on.

The other day I had my bib shorts on with a diaper and need to go #2. I pulled the snaps on the short and had to remove a barely used diaper. I guess I could have probably wiggled out of the diaper but I was in a rush. At that point i had a thought that a pullup might serve me better in this case.

Having not tried any my expectations are low. I've heard people ask "pullups vs diapers" and mostly people say if your looking for full coverage and fit then diapers are the way to go. That being said I would be interested in a pullup that "felt" similar and held up well.

I love pull-ups, they play heavily into my toddler-age age regression and sometimes I enjoy wearing them as underwear just for kicks. I would be 100% behind an AB/DL pull-up, whether they were just better functional (not that I use them too much, I'm usually just a "one-and-done") or especially if they had AB/DL prints for littlespace.

We all know that pull ups don't compete with most briefs. I normally wear at night but this AM I had just taken off my soaked night time diaper and felt the urge to be back in a diaper. I had a few of the Always Discreet pull ups, available at most box stores and put one on. Love the feel when on and amazed that they usually will hold at least one release of pee if not more.

When I injured my back, I ordered samples of pullups and tape diapers. I preferred the pullups. There is no need for a background in acrobatics to wear a pullup. I simple step into them as I would a regular pair of undies. Attends Discrete were my favourite, but since my local onestop store only carries Tena, that's what I have been wearing. If someone in my area is reading this and knows were I can get Attends Discrete please inbox me.

I don't need to stay in my padding for 8+ hours at a time, so my current selection serves me well. However, I would absolutely purchase a pullup with ABDL capacity. There are reps on ADISC, let's hope they read what users are wanting and get on producing those items.

Last edited:
Reactions: Furrytum
I simply don't understand how existing pull-ups are supposed to work for men with urinary incontinence. I really want to like pull-ups, but they're so impractical. I've tried several brands, but the padding doesn't come high enough to cover the tip of my manhood.

I can see how they'd work pretty well for women, though.

I don't think high-capacity pull-ups will be possible, unless the super-elasticated granny-pants style is changed to something that could support the weight without major sagging.

Reactions: messydiaper
Eww! I hate granny panties!

I still wear Drynites regularly. Even though others here have had problems with them leaking, I have never had that problem myself. I just personally prefer pull-up nappies over tape-ons as do enough other people.

With regards to ABDL-oriented pull-up nappies, I would be willing to support this. I would like to see how the designs tailor to the ABDL market and not try to be 'grown-up' like current pull-up products.

tiny said:
I simply don't understand how existing pull-ups are supposed to work for men with urinary incontinence. I really want to like pull-ups, but they're so impractical. I've tried several brands, but the padding doesn't come high enough to cover the tip of my manhood.

I can see how they'd work pretty well for women, though.

I don't think high-capacity pull-ups will be possible, unless the super-elasticated granny-pants style is changed to something that could support the weight without major sagging.
men pointing down is a pretty universal requirement for diapers

besides, pull-ups aren't intended for overnight use, so they don't need padding up higher, they let gravity do the work.

Reactions: Daylightsavingstimes and KittyMerriweather
My main issue with Pull-Ups is (I have tried a few on different occasions) they leak on me EVERY TIME.
So, not that I am opposed to tyying yet another one - BUT what I have already seen - NO WAY am I spending one penny for the privilege of most likely leaking!

Reactions: Diapertoddler
I feel the same as Nwm, I find it very difficult to trust a pull up, if I’m not standing perfectly straight and still it seems to lead to a leak accident every time. There is Just not enough coverage with them.

I think men would have better luck if they didn't buy the ones designed for men. The absorbancy level on the ones for men is only like 2 drops. The granny pant ones have a 6 or 7 drop rating. Yes, still not the absorbancy of a good tape diaper, but significantly more than those flimsy male pullups.

Last edited:
I don’t think pull-ups were designed for flooding. They are good for the drip feeders like me. I am incontinent after a prostate operation, but the little boy in me loves the babyish nappies from Rears and Crinkles even though I am 70+. I am happy to wear them to the doctors as well. The plain white ones are so ... medical and dull. I would love to have some ‘little boy’ pull-ups in stead of the Abena M3s that I wear when not in terry nappies or babyish disposables.

Reactions: Subtlerustle and KittyMerriweather
neophyte said:
So this leaves me with having to wear Goodnites, and believe it or not Goodnites are more reliable than Depends pull ups.
Same. It might be due to my size but I have better luck with leaking with goodnites (even better luck with huggies 4-5t somehow) than I do with the few adult pull ups I've tried. I think the last adult ones I tried were the s/m size of the women's always discreet maximums . It may due to the huggies and goodnites hugging me more snug, but there's also the fact that I try not to go in them. I use them for accidents when I can't get to the potty, so I don't need the absorbancy of the adult sizes. Though if there were cute adult ones that fit me well, I'd have more peace of mind.

Last edited:
Back