Adult Nappies in New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishNut

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
There seems to be a black hole around the information on Adult Nappies / Diapers in New Zealand, so I thought I would try and redress the situation.

First - The reason it is VERY hard to find the "premium" nappies is because we have one of the best (if not THE best) public health system in the world. If you are IC, and have a problem, you see a "continence nurse" through your local DHB, and the products you require are free. Oh dear. I am NOT suggesting that you run off to see your local nurse (unless you have a problem), it just means we have to do with lesser quality product. Or spend large amounts of money if you can find a store that does do better products.

Below are the stores and the products that I have used and can recommend (Sorry, only L / XL products. Need to work on that)

Disposable Nappies Online, Baby Products & Baby Gear > Babies NZ - Dr.P, and Affective Advanced.
Both good, Dr. P has shiny waistband, and can reattach tapes (plastic backed), Affective has twice re-attachable tapes, if you try and reattach after that, you will rip holes in the nappy, vinyl feeling outer cover.

Goon Nappy - TakeCare Adult Nappy
Velcro-style reattach able tapes, VERY hard to rip, don't hold that much, but very good leg and bum guards if you are a dirtier baby.

Wholesale Nappies, NZ, Nappies, Baby, Wholesale Prices, Baby Nappy - Tender Adult Incontinence
Only tried the Large Night, very similar to the Affective Advanced, however larger capacity, & thicker and wider

Baby Online - Nappies & Baby Gear - Prevail, "insert random brands here"
Prevail PM - Thick, decent capacity. Hate them. Very easy to rip the tabs off, fall down fairly easily, cloth backed. Weird sensation inside the nappy, almost like a grit.
"insert random brands here" - Cheap. Tried the Affective Classic - Plastic backed, tapes rip very easily, not comfortable.
NOTE: I have read that they supply Molicare and Abena - I have seen Molicare Small in the local store to me ONCE, I think that they don't do them any longer, or might only be through their showroom in Carbine Road.

SUPERCARE - Adult Care & Incontinence Products - SuperCare Night Time Briefs
Much like the Prevail PM, but worse!. The tabs are now attached to the inner side of the nappy, not tape style, and are harder to get tight. Duct tape is required.

All of the above stores I have visited & purchased from, not once have I been asked who I am buying for, or why. Conversation is normally about 6 sentences long, and start with, Hi, need anything else, and end with that comes to $money please.

I have not tired to order online, because, flatmates.

If anyone else has ordered from other stores in NZ, please add your comments :)

Puppyluvs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
Thanks Okram, good guide.

It used to be possible to rock up to the Sanicare warehouse in Onehunga and buy a carton of Abena from them, but as they don't normally deal with the public, you'll get some odd looks.

Not sure if this would still work, haven't bought from them in a while.

Last edited:

FishNut

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Thanks Okram, good guide.

It used to be possible to rock up to the Sanicare warehouse in Onehunga and buy a carton of Abena from them, but as they don't normally deal with the public, you'll get some odd looks.

Not sure if this would still work, haven't bought from them in a while.

I sent them an email a couple of years back asking if they supplied directly to the public, never had a response.

Puppyluvs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
Yeah, they'd be unlikely to respond to that. I've found them pretty useless to deal with, but their nappies are good. Or at least they were when they were plastic backed.

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
the conversion i was asking about the kgs to lbs is to know what sizes those diapers would compare to in American measurements
if they wouldn't fit they wouldn't be worth buying.

Kiwi_Sin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
the Goon Brand, TakeCare brand, what shops did you see this one in, as I have been to the JapanMart in Silvia Park and yet to see them.. I know I can get online but due to still living with family, I would rather pick up when I visit Auckland.. (down in the 'Naki ya see)

FishNut

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Only up in Albany on the North Shore.

Oh hey, additional content.
The Warehouse in Glenfield has a few MALE onesies in camo. Think that they are zip style, but no feet.
Medium

cyanx

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If you live in Christchurch, the Nurse Maude shop in Merivale stocks all the premium brands (except Abena)

Kiwi_Sin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Only up in Albany on the North Shore.

Oh hey, additional content.
The Warehouse in Glenfield has a few MALE onesies in camo. Think that they are zip style, but no feet.
Medium

Yup also got a Skeleton one, I got one :D

madprophet

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I like the Elderjoy diapers sold by Care Importers, but they don't sell the medium size & their large is a bit too large for me.
The Tender medium night diapers are a bit tight, so I need to either loose some weight or try the large size next time. They can hold a good wetting.

madprophet

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Has anyone ordered an adult sized pacifier? What do the overseas companies put on the customs declaration?

BabyGirlNZ

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Im just getting mine shipped from overseas >_> costs heaps but hey they are adorable ^_^ cant deny that and in whangarei ive only seen a nappy store hidden in the outter parts of the mall but i think they only sell baby diapers but ill head over and look in 3 weeks and check it out

parnellgz

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Thanks for posting this. I'm really keen to find Dry 24/7s or Fabines if they're around or easy to order. Sick of the low quality ones around, and having to go to out West to not get spotted!

Puppyluvs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
Thanks for posting this. I'm really keen to find Dry 24/7s or Fabines if they're around or easy to order. Sick of the low quality ones around, and having to go to out West to not get spotted!

Hah, where are you getting them from? Nappy House or Nappies for Less?

It's not the easiest trying to find good quality nappies in Auckland :(

Huddles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Has anyone ordered an adult sized pacifier? What do the overseas companies put on the customs declaration?
I ordered 2 nuk 5s from mommybabypants on ebay (think that's the name?) and the declaration said: gift: therapeutic trainer.

FishNut

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I got some plastic pants from IncoCare Home page
Shipping was 3 days (blame NZ Post...), the address on the label said "I.C LTD", so pretty innocuous

I think one of the disability shops out near the asb showgrounds sells Attends
Contact us
Not cheap, but not outrageous.

I think the best adult nappies in Auckland that are cheap available are either the Dr. P, or the Tender Adult Incontinence

So many of these shops have utterly crap web presence.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the Elderjoy diapers sold by Care Importers, but they don't sell the medium size & their large is a bit too large for me.
The Tender medium night diapers are a bit tight, so I need to either loose some weight or try the large size next time. They can hold a good wetting.

Have you ever tried the Dr.P ones? Wondering if they are the same nappy, but with different packaging..

Puppyluvs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
I usually end up buying Dr P from Nappy House when I'm not importing more expensive brands from online.

I've been pretty happy with them as an inexpensive goto nappy for everyday wear.

Haven't tried Elderjoy though, so I can't compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.