Adult Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Why can't I get enough courage to just go into CVS and buy the adult diapers? The only reason I can think of is that I go there alot and that the cashiers might notice me if I were to go back with my parents. However, what are the odds that they will remember me or that they will actually remember me? And if they were to remember me, they wouldn't actually say anything do you think? Please somebody reassure me of this and help me get the courage to finally buy something other than baby diapers in the self checkout at the grocery store.:eek:

Role
Other
Why can't I get enough courage to just go into CVS and buy the adult diapers? The only reason I can think of is that I go there alot and that the cashiers might notice me if I were to go back with my parents. However, what are the odds that they will remember me or that they will actually remember me? And if they were to remember me, they wouldn't actually say anything do you think? Please somebody reassure me of this and help me get the courage to finally buy something other than baby diapers in the self checkout at the grocery store.:eek:
They probably won't remember you, unless you go in all the time, and they won't remember or mention what you bought.

Honeywell6180

Contributor
Role
Private
If anything, I think the cashiers would have to hold confidentiality. They could get into trouble for getting too involved with customers.

Honeywell6180

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I think the only time you'd have to worry is if you live in a rural or smaller community where everyone kind of knows one another. If the store employees were to always see you and your parents shopping there and knew you as regular customers, possibly one may slip and say something next time they saw one of your parents, with or without you present. If it's a busy shopping area and the employees really don't know either you or your parents, I'd say you're pretty reasonably safe.

You bring up a good point, however! That's exactly why I bought my Underjams last week at a Rite-Aid we usually don't frequent. The one closer to us many times has the same two cashiers on duty when my wife and I shop there. They know us pretty well by sight and chat a little with us while checking out, so I wasn't going to chance buying them there and later have the beans accidentally spilled next time my wife shopped there.

~Pramrider

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think the only time you'd have to worry is if you live in a rural or smaller community where everyone kind of knows one another. If the store employees were to always see you and your parents shopping there and knew you as regular customers, possibly one may slip and say something next time they saw one of your parents, with or without you present. If it's a busy shopping area and the employees really don't know either you or your parents, I'd say you're pretty reasonably safe.

You bring up a good point, however! That's exactly why I bought my Underjams last week at a Rite-Aid we usually don't frequent. The one closer to us many times has the same two cashiers on duty when my wife and I shop there. They know us pretty well by sight and chat a little with us while checking out, so I wasn't going to chance buying them there and later have the beans accidentally spilled next time my wife shopped there.

~Pramrider
I could go to the Rite Aid across the street b/c we never go there however it is across a main street and I don't to cross it b/c the only time I can go is when traffic is really bad b/c everyone is getting out of school. Also which diapers would fit me well and not be too big on me as I am about 5' 2" with a 29" waist?

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Also which diapers would fit me well and not be too big on me as I am about 5' 2" with a 29" waist?
The only two I've tried would fit you well - the pullup types - Underjams and Goodnites. They fit my 32" waist snugly, but still did fit. The Underjams would fit you better than me because after several hours they overstretched on the sides. I'm sure others will chime in with additional brands you could try.

~Pramrider

joeblow

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I know its hard the first time you buy adult diapers at the store. Try to remember that no one cares what you are buying and the cashiers will assume they are for a grandparent or something. The first few times you buy in public will be a big rush:).

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I just can't wait until I get my driver's license so I don't have to worry about all of this stuff.

Liz Lil Secret

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
From a former cashier at Eckerd's (which is now Rite-Aid) they are NOT going to discuss your purchases with anyone else. And honestly, they don't care what you're buying - they sell adult diapers all day long.

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Just adding another question to this, does anyone know if CVS sells plastic pants?

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Just adding another question to this, does anyone know if CVS sells plastic pants?
I checked the CVS website but couldn't find them. Cvs usually has things the website doesn't, or vise-versa just give it a look when you go. Don't chicken out. You will hate yourself If you do. If it's a 24 hour CVS, go at night when nobody is there, that's what I do. It makes it so much easier.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I haven't seen plastic pants in a pharmacy, but I can tell you that from my experience buying diapers at a pharmacy, and I do it often, is that nobody cares what you are buying. I have several pharmacies near me, but I generally go to one that is in an old fairly abandoned strip mall that not a lot of people go to anymore.

Usually, I'll just scan the parking lot real quick to see if there are any cars of people I know, so far it hasn't happened and buying the diapers has been a breeze. The cashiers are always professional and I just act like its nothing, no different than maybe buying aspirin or dishwashing detergent or something. Interesting side note, a few weeks ago I went in to buy a pack of depends and some other things I needed, and there was an older lady in front of me buying a weather radio that has a hand crank so it will work when the batteries are dead and the power is out. She took it out of the package and the cashier was showing it how it works. Anyway, the cashier saw me behind the lady and asked the lady if she minded if she ring me up. The lady of course said yes. I asked about what that radio was and they told me and we kind of struck up a conversation. Neither of them batted an eyelash at the depends at all. So yeah, it's easy, you shouldn't be scared of buying them.

One tip to be discreet, don't buy any items along with your diapers that could be age restricted and would require you to show ID. The obvious ones are cigarettes and beer, but some locations or even some stores have policies that age-restrict other items. I've been ID'd in the past for spray paint, pocket knives and cough medicine, all of which I did not intend to use illegally, just thought I'd mention not to buy any of those with your diapers to be on the safe side.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Just go in and get the diapers. Nobody really cares why you are buying them. The cashiers probably ring up 10-20 people a day who are getting some kind of incontinence or feminine hygene product... you aren't going to stand out at all.

Seeing as your waist is so small... I'd get the L/XL Goodnites... they'll fit better than any adult diaper.

david jones

Banned
Role
Incontinent
Why should you worry about buying diapers? The stores and pharmacies have entire sections of diapers for adults. If it was a problem for them why would they stock so many and diferent brands?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
When buying from a CVS, see if there is a pharmacy section where people pick up prescriptions, and ask if you can pay for you things there (you can add that you don't want to be embarrassed up front). They have let me everytime I do it so far. I doubt they will either remember you or say anything. They could get fired for mentioning it, unless it's maybe a family friend, then I wouldn't do it there. If I were you, I'd go to CVS rather than Rite Aid. Neither have plastic pants though, I've looked. On the CVS site though, they have plastic pants (Sani-Pant), but if you are going to get plastic pants from online, get some better ones...

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Also, when I go I'm just going to look around to see if they have any plastic pants, so should I just look on the incontinence aisle and on the baby aisle to see if they have any big plastic pants? Or would they be somewhere else in the store?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Also, when I go I'm just going to look around to see if they have any plastic pants, so should I just look on the incontinence aisle and on the baby aisle to see if they have any big plastic pants? Or would they be somewhere else in the store?

Those would probably be where they would be...You probably won't find them though

Status
Not open for further replies.