Adult Diapers = Mind Blown 😯

Poofybutt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I was just thinking back to when I first found out that they made adult diapers, was my mind ever blown 😅

For as long as I can remember, since the age of like 5 or so, I have always had it in my head that it would be fun to be a baby again and back in diapers, but when you are a kid, such a reality seems unachievable 😒

I remember one day at a family reunion, when I was still just a kid, I overheard some family members talking and they said something along the lines of, "isn't life funny, you begin in diapers and you end in diapers". Curious, I inquired what was meant and a family member said they make diapers for old people. I was shocked, I had no idea such a thing existed, it sounded too good to be true. From that moment on, I realized that this part of myself wasn't so impossible to make good on 🙂

Anyone else remember when you found out adult diapers were a thing? Were you shocked too, was it more of a pleasant thing to find out or was it a little of both 😄

Last edited:
Reactions: SissyatHeart, jt1220, LittlePrince and 3 others
It took me longer than it should have to discover adult diapers. I was checking out pharmacies for baby stuff and I saw belted undergarments and nothing else, so I presumed this was the be all and end all of adult diapers.

I was in my 20s before I saw Depends but the color back then was an unappealing green and I stuck with modding baby diapers.

It wasn't until some time after that I knew that there might be something that would suit me in form if not in appearance that I made the effort to check out in more detail. Eventually, I found Attends and my mind was indeed blown. They weren't so good by modern standards but they fit and my relationship with diapers was changed forever.

The first time I found out about them was in a book called "How Do You Go to the Bathroom in Space?", where I read that female astronauts wear diapers on space walks. Needless to say, my little mind was blown.

It had to have been shortly after I was trained, don't think there was ever a part of my childhood I didn't think adult diapers existed, I remember seeing a box of green depends in the back of church one sunday and that just confirming they were around, also seeing adult diaper services in the phone books listed with baby diapers, so yeah maybe my dad threatening to put me back in them for peeing on the floor at 8 caused me to bypass the whole point in life where it was a revelation to me.

I first heard of an adult diaper when I was in the 2nd grade. We had an school assembly and it was about astronauts and the guy that was giving us a lecture about it was asking us "How do you go to the bathroom in space? You can't so you have to wear this" and he lifts it was and it's this huge this thing and I asked what it was and a kid behind me said it was a diaper. But back then I thought only astronauts wore them and I didn't discover adult diapers for real until I was 10 when I accidentally saw them in the aisle near the feminine pads. I remember the Depends mostly. My dad also said they were for old people. They used to sell size smalls too in the store. I remember the vintage Depends packs and how red and white the packages were. Then I remember another version of Depends and it only showed the diaper and it had no animated people on it doing normal activities like studying and walking their dog.

I didn't think about diapers as a kid, only after a few weird occurrences at the start of puberty, which I listed in a recent post. Around that time I did start noticing adult products for sale in catalogs and magazines, but don't recall it hitting like a bolt of lightning. There was no possible way for me to pull off placing an order, so I just kept my eyes peeled and daydreamed. I never considered exploring the aisles at the local pharmacy, and products like Goodnites were still a way off. Come to think of it, I worked at a discount store in high school and we had a Depends section, but the thought of actually buying them still didn't sink in! Guess I'd manged to keep my TB in check.

Fast forward to my late 20's and what got me back in the game must have been my first real Internet account and finding ABDL sites. During a week of vacation from work, the itch suddenly came back: Depends and other brands were for sale in stores AND I COULD BUY THEM. The rest was me driving around to a dozen or more stores while working-up the nerve, something we can all probably relate to.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger
As a kid that wore some diapers for bed wetting, I never gave adult diapers a thought. It wasn't until I was an adult and purchased Depends that I started to think 'adult diapers'.

I was an avid reader from a young age. My dad subscribed to Readers Digest and I would always read through them when he was done. There was always a Depends ad somewhere in each issue.

Reactions: Unicycleman
Yes, June Allyson's Depend ads would be in Reader's Digest. I had some sort of a thing for diapers, but more of a full body diaper. Once I started seeing the ads for adult diapers, I wanted them. I cut out the ad and kept it in a hidden place so I could look at it and dream. I had to steal baby diapers and make my own out of towels and plastic grocery bags. But I'll never forget that first time I was able to make my way to the store and buy a real pack of Depends. They smelled of latex because there were thick latex bands making up the elastic part.

The thing that eventually really "blew" my mind was finding the communities on the early Internet and finally knowing that I wasn't the only one in the world that thought diapers were a great thing.

• Love
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger and SAPexpanded
I didn't know they were a thing until I was like at least 8 or 9 years old. I also didn't know about cloth diapers and I had this idea when I was a child to invent cloth like diapers but then turns out they had that invented many years before.

I didn't know about them until around age 11. I was playing over at my friends house one day and their cousin had come in from out of town to stay awhile. They were ragging on him about his bedwetting and how he soaked the lower bunk on his cousin. They said he had been put in diapers because of it and I was shocked and curious. I didn't believe them, so they told me to go look in the bathroom trash, LOL. It was a small depends. I was a bedwetter too, but by 11 it was pretty rare. I really missed out and I was totally envious of this cousin!

When I first found adult diapers in mid-1982, they came in boxes, not bags. When I finally mustered up the courage to buy some for myself, I was shocked to discover that the adult versions of the time weren’t much like baby diapers.

I felt certain I was the only person buying adult diapers without a genuine medical need. I wouldn’t find out about the AB community for another couple of years.

I dont know when I found out Adult Diapers were a thing; but I vaguely remember when I was in high school my Science Teacher once was talking about how when people get old they wear diapers and in typical fashion mentioning Depends

Because just about everyone who knows Adult Diapers are a thing knows about the brand Depends (not to say they realize Depends are terrible as far as Adult Diapers go)

Last edited:
One day in either 3rd or 4th grade, I went into the locker room to change before PE. Inside one of the lockers, the only one which wasn’t closed, I spotted a stash with about four, green plastic backed diapers (I think those were made by Tena after doing some research). I checked if I was alone and just out of innocent curiosity peeked in touched the plastic on these diapers but did nothing more than that.

Even if I badly wanted to try one of them I did not steal one, because I felt that it is wrong and could have really bad consequences if it somehow surfaced.

I was really mesmerised and at the same time quite confused and just couldn’t let my mind of them. Why was there diapers for adults? Right in the middle of our school? I clearly remember that I soon understood that those were for larger kids and adults after a brief talk with a friendly teacher’s assistant who I really trusted.

One day when I went in to the same room I witnessed, who I think was an assistant or supervisor, putting one of these diapers on a larger person while he was standing up - right in the middle of the larger locker room - so I went with discretion to the next room to not disturb them...

Trevor said:
It took me longer than it should have to discover adult diapers. I was checking out pharmacies for baby stuff and I saw belted undergarments and nothing else, so I presumed this was the be all and end all of adult diapers.

I was in my 20s before I saw Depends but the color back then was an unappealing green and I stuck with modding baby diapers.

It wasn't until some time after that I knew that there might be something that would suit me in form if not in appearance that I made the effort to check out in more detail. Eventually, I found Attends and my mind was indeed blown. They weren't so good by modern standards but they fit and my relationship with diapers was changed forever.
I remember those belted undergarments. They were my first adult diaper. I found them in a closet when I was little and disappointed the belt was not in the package just the padding. So I stuffed them into underpants and away I went.

Now we have so many choices for ABDL diapers and for most of us don’t ever have to bother with those inferior products.

• Love
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger and Trevor
daddyb said:
I remember those belted undergarments. They were my first adult diaper. I found them in a closet when I was little and disappointed the belt was not in the package just the padding. So I stuffed them into underpants and away I went.

Now we have so many choices for ABDL diapers and for most of us don’t ever have to bother with those inferior products.
I had oddly high standards considering what I thought was available. I never seriously considered the belted undergarments. They were too much not a diaper for me since I had this platonic ideal in my head. I would probably at least try them now but I wouldn't expect to enjoy them. I lost out on the green Depends just because of color at the time. They just didn't say "diaper" enough to me to engage my desire.

Poofybutt said:
I was just thinking back to when I first found out that they made adult diapers, was my mind ever blown 😅

For as long as I can remember, since the age of like 5 or so, I have always had it in my head that it would be fun to be a baby again and back in diapers, but when you are a kid, such a reality seems unachievable 😒

I remember one day at a family reunion, when I was still just a kid, I overheard some family members talking and they said something along the lines of, "isn't life funny, you begin in diapers and you end in diapers". Curious, I inquired what was meant and a family member said they make diapers for old people. I was shocked, I had no idea such a thing existed, it sounded too good to be true. From that moment on, I realized that this part of myself wasn't so impossible to make good on 🙂

Anyone else remember when you found out adult diapers were a thing? Were you shocked too, was it more of a pleasant thing to find out or was it a little of both 😄
I couldn't wait but being young I was embarrassed of the thought, way glad I'm over that!

I've always been a DL, mostly dormant. Depends type diapers never interested me as they didn't really resemble a diaper.

January 2019 I stumbled upon Rearz, and realized that ABDL diapers exist. I went from 0 to 60 overnight! I ordered some LFB Nursery Blue diapers, I still remember the moment I put one on, and I remember when I first went pee pee! Exhilarating!

Reactions: SAPexpanded
I don't really remember much about how I discovered adult nappies, only that I was in my teens (16+ I think) the first ones I got was either Tena (the original plastic baked ones) or Cuddles, I think. (I remember they had teddy bears and some kind blocks with letters on them and that they began with C). As to how I felt about them, I was never that keen on them at first...now I love them.

I can’t say I was ever surprised about the fact adult diapers existed. What did surprise me was when I first learned that I wasn’t the only one who had an interest in them outside of actual medical use, how big the community is, and that there were/are companies that cater to us by making top quality and babyish diapers. That blew my mind.

Reactions: daddyb
Back