Adult Diapers, Medication and Bipolar disorder.

Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Incontinent
Hi everyone!!! I wanted to share my experience with you.

Last year I suffered from a mental breakdown, I was out of control, emotionally unstable, I was cutting myself, kinda bipolar type 1...
I felt terrible until my doctor prescribed me very strong medication and antipsychotics (I was a zombie, could stay out of bed or move, etc)
I couldn’t go to the bathroom so I my doctor recommend me and my family Adult Diapers 24/7 without any breaks for 2 month...

At the beginning day 3, my butt was hurting a lot and I felt uncomfortable. Rashes were bad. I even wanted to take off the diaper.
Luckily I was home bed restrained and heavily medicated and I couldn’t.

At the same time, while in Diapers and medicated I felt very secure and controlled.
I couldn’t hurt myself or anyone. I was sleeping all day and wearing 2 diapers and plastic pants.

I am so grateful for the diapers, wearing them was a challenge but amazing at the same time.
I’m a mad girl, I behave badly and I still being medicated and in diapers!!!!
Do you think mental patients should wear diapers 24/7?
Would you like to being heavily medicated by a psychiatry and in diapers??

Last edited:

SomewhatLittle

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
Oof, no way. I'm bipolar and they gave me Trazodone at one point. I was barely conscious most of the time while I was on it. I worked with my doctors to find a mix of medications that works for me with minimal side effects. I'd much rather be in control, really living life, and happy. And diapered when I want to be, not 24/7.

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm glad they help you!

My neighbor is in his late 40s and depressed and suicidal. He is bed ridden due to a bad back and just spent 2 months in the mental health hospital. I so badly want to offer him some ADBL diapers to wear.... just to see if they bring him a bit of calm and peace. What has he got to lose right? Ego?

Regressing to a tender age is calming and relaxing for many of us, being wrapped in a diaper brings out some good emotions. It helps relieve some of the adult stresses, and on and on.

I believe there are several therapeutic benefits from wearing and using diapers, which some people will benefit from. ABDL or not (hesitant).

SometimesAdult

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Hi Maria-I am so sorry that you have experienced such emotional distress. I hope that you are starting to make progress toward recovery. It is interesting. Sometimes the very things that others think would be the most horrifying to a psychiatric patient, can actually be the most comforting. I hope that you will find comfort in a whole bunch of places. In response to neophyte, I would be very careful recommending this to a person with significant psychiatric problems. While it could be comforting, it can also snowball in ways that cannot be anticipated.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
When it was apparent my wife was dying, I held her hand and said, "I can't live without you." She said you'll find a way and you can wear diapers every day if you want. I usually wear once a week. The day seems to often say "today's the day you need to regress and not grieve." So when that day comes, I wear and regress and I have one day a week where I can escape all the depression and loneliness. I have a psychologist but so far, no drugs. I try to keep myself busy with projects and I still work part time. It all helps.