Adult bed wetting triggers ?

I know this post doesn't really help but I would advise not to purposefully lose control of your bladder in the event that being ABDL becomes no longer appealing or you are in a situation where you cannot get diapers or be able to use them.

Reactions: Angelapinks
CheshireCat said:
Don't you mean drive on the right and driver on the left? 😂

Truck or lorry?

Yes, my wife was a Brit. Our home was divided by a common language!!!
44T Artic with a 45ft tri axle trailer right hand drive and drive on left side of the road

Last edited:
My bedwetting doesn't have any specific triggers. It's just something that happens most nights.

Reactions: chuck, diaperbobby, NappiedTruckDriver and 1 other person
parcelboy2 said:
Does things trigger your bedwetting or is yours totally random ?
For me it’s being over tired and to much drink (no alcohol ) to soon before bed and every so often it’s random as one or other of the factors is not present !
p/s I never wet as a child , and I’m now 46 male been having night time settings for 6 years and it’s been getting worse this year
For me, the main problem is that I have trouble peeing, even when I have a big urge. This is one of the symptoms of a disease I have. I am well cared for, but I have to live with it. I have to "push hard", sometimes only to make a small jet. I force myself not to let envy hurt my bladder. I wear diapers, because after a while, the pee comes out by itself. Often, even if I lower my diaper to pee in the toilet, my bladder ends up emptying itself later, in my diaper. I’m between control and "let go" all the time.

• Sad
I usually wet myself after I had drank alot a water pr Gatorade at work

sport1 said:
I stay away from sleep aids.
I do not take sleeping aids either but my best correlation to the few times per year I have an accident while sleeping in my training underwear and pp seems to be when I am overly very tired.

Smackers17 said:
I was dreaming that I was peeing last night and sure enough I wet myself! I have not done that in so many many years. The thing is… I wanted to wet the bed in the last couple years but it would never happen. When I wear diapers I lay awake more I think. So, of course I wasn’t wearing diapers last night because that’s not a normal thing for me. Luckily I woke up fast enough that only my pants were wet and not the sheets that I know of. I don’t know how to feel about it. I am shocked I think, and don’t know if I’m happy or scared it’ll happen again!
Don't be shocked - it has happened to probably 90% of the world population at some point in their lives. Yes - it will probably happen again to you about dreaming of peeing while you sleep but for me I can recall about 6 times in my life I have had this dream in some form and only about 2 or 3 times I actually wet while sleeping and then waking up. That may seem about 50% and a high number to most people, but this is over a 50+ year life span so far. Not a big deal.......

I wet my Nappy 99 out of 100 nights regardless of how much or how little I drink before hand, the only thing that changes is how many times my bladder wakes me before emptying anyway.
Hardly anything to drink 4 hours before bed will see me woken aything between 4 and 10 times per night with only about 200 ml in the Nappy come morning.
Not worrying about quantity will result in around 1,250 litres with only 1 or 3 wakings so most of the Nappy gets filled with me having no awareness of my bladder going off.

Milianna said:
Stress, being overly tired, drinking liquids too close to bed
I can decide not wet the bed if I go to bed slightly dehydrated… waking up in the morning is miserable, I get leg cramps, and I don’t sleep as well if I do… so I’ve opted for diapers. I’ve just embraced them.

• Sad
Reactions: sport1 and Angelapinks
DamianTheAngel said:
My bedwetting doesn't have any specific triggers. It's just something that happens most nights.
That describes my situation, too. I just wet while I sleep.

Reactions: Angelapinks and DamianTheAngel
DamianTheAngel said:
It is the same for me, whether I drink before bed or not once I am fast asleep I just wake up very wet and have no sense of even needing to go. I am a very deep sleeper these past few years and was shocked awake wetting the bed. I have been wearing a good thick diaper ever since.

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver and DamianTheAngel
Needdiscipline said:
I can decide not wet the bed if I go to bed slightly dehydrated… waking up in the morning is miserable, I get leg cramps, and I don’t sleep as well if I do… so I’ve opted for diapers. I’ve just embraced them.
I can relate to that but in my case being also a diabetic this is bad so must stay hydrated which feeds my incontinence.

Reactions: Needdiscipline
sport1 said:
I can relate to that but in my case being also a diabetic this is bad so must stay hydrated which feeds my incontinence.
Being dehydrated across the board is bad for you.

Reactions: sport1 and Angelapinks
For me stess is for sure a trigger for my bladder problems. Back on university times, I had strong problems bevore some critical exams.

Reactions: BWAron
gregs said:
For me stess is for sure a trigger for my bladder problems. Back on university times, I had strong problems bevore some critical exams.
same here, stress really triggers my incontinence.

Stress seems to increase frequency. Ironically I find being generally happy and content combined with accepting myself more also increases frequency. Growing up I wet the bed infrequently and randomly, and it's still random (1-2 times per week), however frequency has increased (used to be 1-2 times a month).

Reactions: BWAron
sport1 said:
Same I'm also diabetic and for the past few months ive been running high so I’ve always got to pee😂🤦‍♂️. I think im going through the honeymoon phase because im only 10 months into my diagnosis so i have to go to my endocrinologist. To add on to the T1D trigger i have insomnia so im on ambien to sleep which combined with my high BG causes me to wet without even noticing that i had to pee. Like thank god for Tslimx2, dexcom and loud ass speakers its the only thing that get me up to correct my sugars😂😂🤦‍♂️.

Stress, caffeine and alcohol all trigger bedwetting for me. Alcohol is the #1 these days so I tend to avoid it mostly.

Back