• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

adopted

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AshleyEskimo

how would somebody go about getting adopted?
all these adoption websites I've seen just talk about adopting like, newborns..
how do you get an older kid adopted?

Role
Carer, Other
Oh if only I had seen this thread before, I thought that same online or here thing at first, but then I re read the OP's question and saw that if she searched the web then it couldn't be about here too.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Get your ass Taken by wellfair. find an older friends/pfriends parent. Ask them to take oyou?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Get your ass Taken by wellfair. find an older friends/pfriends parent. Ask them to take oyou?
That's what my older brother did when he was 15. Him and our dad just couldn't get along at all and it worked out very nicely for him too, of course it wasn't easy for him at all. I am not sure if he was legally adopted by them since he still goes by our family's last name. My sister moved in with our aunt and then my aunt sent her to our mom's, which in the end was good since they both helped each other out.

Plus if it wasn't for that I would of never reconnected with my mom after avoiding her for about 6-8 years. (I swore off ALL contact with her when I was like 7, We reconnected when I was about 13-14. I made damn sure she did not know if I was alive or not either.)

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
idk just seemed like something people do online :\, I dont know much about it that why I asked. Now forget adopted in real life that easy.

Just some paper work, If both birth parents are living, and lets say you want another man to adopted you, well than your birth father will ahve to sign a paper. unless your over 18

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I'd say the first step to find new parents is for your current legal guardian to put you up for adoption. You've got to have some guardian, and as long as they aren't letting you go, it won't go anywhere.

That said, you should probably also have a prospective guardian lined up or the authorities won't bother going through the adoption process because you'll become a legal adult in less than 3 years, so it's either a smooth transition, everything stays the way it is or you get into some kind of supervised living arrangement until you're old and mature enough to be responsible for yourself.

Peachy

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
AdoptUsKids - Children In Foster Care Awaiting Adoption

Some radio stations in the area are always running ads for this site. I've looked at it and it is really well put together. This website will give you a list of all the kids in america that are up for adoption. It will give you a picture of the child and a short bio including if they have any disablities or siblings.

B

Butterfly Mage

I have an older friend who said she wishes she could have adopted me. It's nice knowing that I could have been wanted by *someone*. It's a nice thought at least.

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
My step was going to adopte me, But then found out of the blue my real dad come up for a visit, So then I changed my mind so I could let him have a fair chance. Then he lefted after a few day's. An I went almsot 5 year with out hearing another word from him. Then talk to him on the phone for a little while, he came up to visit, and now I never hear from him again. Kind of wish I would have jsut let my setp dad adopte me.

I could do it now, but I'm truning 22 what the point, Plus now all that matter is whats in my heart not whats on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.