Administrative Stuff Forum Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
This has been on my mind recently and don't recall anyone ever proposing it for discussion before. Do you feel the Administrative Stuff forum would be better suited in the special forums section of ADISC? The forum description reads: "A forum for discussing how to make ADISC better. This is also where members vote on polls about proposed changes to the site." That would pretty much leave lurkers, newbies, and guests out IMO. How can you propose ideas to make ADISC better if you've never been here, or stick around, long enough to make it from newbie or lurker to regular status, or only view the forum as a guest?

Plus, sometimes a thread is posted of a more sensitive forum subject and has to be moved to the Requests forum due to the full audience who could view it. I've done that before myself because what I posted in the forum didn't quite seem a request per se.

If moved, maybe the Wiki Article Sub Forum of ASF could become a forum of it's own in place of ASF.

Just a thought I had since it would seem to make sense only people who regularly frequent ADISC would rightfully have a say in proposed changes and discussions on improving it. But, maybe there's other reasons I'm not aware or thinking of, which taken into consideration, make it more sensible to leave it as a public forum. Any thoughts?

~Pramrider

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
When I signed up here, Admin Stuff was regulars only.
I'm not sure why Moo changed it... I do recall him saying something about respecting the views of everyone, because even Newbies have something to offer. Maybe it was something else though.

I don't have any strong feelings about it personally, but I think I did prefer as regulars only for the reasons you gave.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
This is not something I feel that strongly about. It isn't something that has ever struck me as important. However, based on what you have said I can see that perhaps it would be better to be moved to regulars only. Based on what Charlie said, I would be interested to see what reasons Moo did have for moving it.

In my opinion, I think it would be better if it were moved, yet if it isn't I won't be deeply worried about it. I rarely see Newbies and so on posting in there anyway, and things of a sensitive nature probably get moved quickly.

I can see why moving it would be a good thing, but I want to see Moo's reasons for putting it open to all in the first place before I get off the fence.

Role
Private
As Mizz pointed out, you rarely see newbies post in there anyway, so I don't think it'd make much of a difference to make it Regulars Only or not. However, some of the topics that come up can be sensitive information about the site, mostly in regard to problems that are occurring here which might give potential new members the wrong impression about this place.

Nevertheless, the thought had never really crossed my mind until this thread, so I'm indifferent to whatever happens.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i remember when it was regulars-only. i'm not sure why it changed. it doesn't really matter one way or the other, but it seems to make more sense as a regulars-only forum, if only because we don't want to expose guests and newbies to our political bickering until they're seasoned. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.