Technical Question ADISC won't load on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
For the last few weeks I've had an issue loading the site on my computer(on chrome, fore fox, & explorer) it'll load the main page sorta, but whenever I try to go to a page it'll say "Page cannot load, check internet connection" and messages like that. Eventually after like 5 minutes of refreshing I will get at least enough to load to see the text. I'm not very technical savvy, and I have no idea how to fix this issue. I was just getting used to this forum, and this issue is breaking my heart(okay getting a tad dramatic there). If somebody could help me with this issue, please let me know what to so. Also, I'm still new to this site, so if this is the wrong place to post something like this, I apologize.

PokeKitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
Maybe it's something to do with the signal strength of the internet. Keep an eye on your internet signal icon.
3-5 bars is good, but 3 is bad when next to the router/whatever other internet thing you have. If 2 or under, there must be a problem. No internet should be that bad. And if it has a cross next to it, or a gold stamp, then something is wrong. The cross usually means that you can connect to the router/whatever else, but the router cannot connect to the internet. I find that happens at my house a lot at 1am. The gold stamp just means that you aren't connected to a network, but there are available networks. Keep an eye on that icon and tell us if you notice anything.

tiny

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
For the last few weeks I've had an issue loading the site on my computer(on chrome, fore fox, & explorer) it'll load the main page sorta, but whenever I try to go to a page it'll say "Page cannot load, check internet connection" and messages like that. Eventually after like 5 minutes of refreshing I will get at least enough to load to see the text. I'm not very technical savvy, and I have no idea how to fix this issue. I was just getting used to this forum, and this issue is breaking my heart(okay getting a tad dramatic there). If somebody could help me with this issue, please let me know what to so. Also, I'm still new to this site, so if this is the wrong place to post something like this, I apologize.

Hey KingMufasa! I only just saw your post. Are you still having problems?

Is it only ADISC on which the message appears? Any other websites affected?
How often does it occur? Every time you access ADISC? At certain times of day?
How are you connecting to the Internet? Wi-fi? Wired ethernet? Mobile broadband? Do you connect via your own router?
What operating system are you running? Windows XP/Vista/7/8...?

Waldo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Hey KingMufasa! I only just saw your post. Are you still having problems?

Is it only ADISC on which the message appears? Any other websites affected?
How often does it occur? Every time you access ADISC? At certain times of day?
How are you connecting to the Internet? Wi-fi? Wired ethernet? Mobile broadband? Do you connect via your own router?
What operating system are you running? Windows XP/Vista/7/8...?

It affects a few sites randomly, but only once in a while. With adisc I'm constantly getting "this webpage is not available.. the connection to Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community was interupted" every time I try to load the site, after about 2-3 refreshes it finally loads, but it doesn't load any pictures just white boxes with the broken page image thing & all of the forum text formats are clustured all over the page & the second I click on a post it gets knocked out & the refreshing cycle repeats.

I've tried accessing day, night, morning, etc. I'm connected through satellite WiFi from Dish. I'm currently running windows 8, and this issue happens on chrome,explorer, fox etc.

I've tried googling solutions, but none seem to be an issue, I have no idea what changed. I joined in Feb. & had no issue until mid-to-late April

tiny

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
You may well have tried already, but the first thing to try would be to delete the browser's cache.
How Do I Clear My Browser's Cache?

Then, try turn your router/modem/wifi/dish off for a minute, then back on again.

Run a speed test using this site (just click "begin test" and wait for it to finish). What are your download, upload and ping times?
Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Do you have any other PCs on the network? Do they have the same issues?

Anyway... if you still have problems, try connecting with a cable (rather than using wifi), if you can. That way you can work out if the problem is with your internet connection or your local network.

If the problem is wifi related, you could try moving your PC or wireless access point or using more powerful aerials (to get a better signal)... or you could use "powerline adapters" to send your network connection along your mains power circuits (instead of using wifi).

If the problem is due to your internet connection, open the command prompt as Administrator:
Run a Command as Administrator from the Windows 7 / Vista Run box

... and type the following commands:

Code:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /release6
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /renew6

Still having problems? Go back to the command prompt (as Administrator) and try this:

Code:
netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled
How to disable Windows Vista TCP/IP auto-tuning ? :: SG FAQ

(If it doesn't help, you can change it back by replacing "disabled" with "normal" in the command above.)

Any luck?

Waldo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I'm not exactly sure what happened, but the site is running perfectly(at least at the time of writing this) I actually did nothing, because I'm just reading your message. But it seems to be fixed, if it pops up again I'll be sure do use what you said. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.