Adisc Weight Loss Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Customizer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Welcome to my third thread. Today's topic is healthy weight loss.

History: My peak weight in life was 293 pounds. I weigh 238 pounds today.

The challenge: Lose 5 pounds in one month if you are overweight.

The catch: You must eat healthily and not sacrifice food.

Are you up for it?

What will you do?

Remember, this is a team effort. We can help and encourage each other to live healthier lives.

Last edited:

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I need to drop a bit myself. My plan is to walk to and from school once the weather is nice (it's getting that way here now, thankfully). That will give me about 5 miles round trip each day. I've found walking does wonders for weight loss.

And yeah, I'll probably restrict myself to around 2000 Cal/day.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
If I were to drop much weight you wouldn't hardly see me when turned sideways.:D I weighed less than 120 (lbs) when graduating from HS, went as high as 150 while in my '40s, and now maintain about 145 lbs at 5'-8" high. My waist has only increased from a 30 to a 32 over all these years. I could use a little weight re-distribution though. Men tend to get a little belly later in years no matter what their weight. I'm no exception, and really need to exercise my stomach area to get it down a bit.

~Pramrider

MysteriousVisitor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I was the same way, OP. My max last summer was about 290. I'm about 215 now.

The trick is...there is no trick. Taking in fewer calories then you expend is the only way to lose fat. Simple as that. The way to lose weight is to maximize caloric expenditure while minimizing caloric intake, but not to the point your body goes into starvation mode.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
When I entered HS I was 230. I started walking about an hour a day and I didn't change what I was eating I just changed how much and watched my portion size. Doing that I was donw to 206 in about 2 months. I currently weigh 216. My doctor says I should be between 180-190, so I will try and shoot for 185-190. If I can do that it will really be a milestone because I have not been under 200 since I was 13.

Since walking helped me last time I will do the same this time. I will walk to school 2 days a week and walk home 3-4 days a week. It's 2 miles from my house to my school so I would be walking as much a 4 miles some days. Wish me luck. :D

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Sometime in High School I was over 200 (not by too much, but enough). Since I've started work in late July/early August, I started losing weight. I just checked, and right now I'm 182.5lbs.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
I'm 123 now.. I think I'll sit out this challenge but good luck to you all.

S

Secret

Im going to start walking more im up for it, I gotta loose some holiday poundage myself!

Dude84

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
I'd love to have better appearing (i.e. thinner, firmer (?)) legs, but it isn't going to happen. Aside from that I don't really need to lose any weight, but good luck to anyone who does and is.. trying to. :)

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
I'm 230 now, I'd like to be 210. I've been going to the gym and working out with a trainer, I'm going to start dieting seriously too, cutting out bad snacks and walking more.

-Gus

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Any weight loss and I'll be put on a diet. So I'll pass.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I just lost 3 1/2 lbs. on Thursday. I'm on the new stomach virus diet! It wasn't really what I had in mind. Since then I've lost another pound. When I was in college I weighed 135 lbs. I've been as high as 160, but now I'm 154 at about 5' 8". I probably will get out on my bike this summer and lose a few. Hopefully I'll find the discipline to do a few sit ups and get my abs back. Actually they are sort of showing after all of the gut wretching! Or as Deimetrie Martin says, the two words "sort of" are really meaningless unless used after these two statement. From your significant other, "I love you.....sort of". And from your doctor, "You're going to live......sort of".

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I tend to have more determination in the summer to lose weight in a healthy way (eating right, balanced meals, bike riding, muscle workouts) But in the winter with school I just have no will.

I've been sick multiple times lately, so I've dropped a few pounds without even trying. I'm gonna say my weight is somewhere around 130 lbs and I'm 5'4.5".

dlt88

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
When I graduated high school, I weighed 250 pounds. I was never teased and had plenty of friends. I never considered myself to be fat. Plump, maybe..but fat..never.

In college, instead of gaining the freshman 15, I lost the freshman 100. It took a lot of will power to make it happen. I didn't watch what I ate before, (obviously) but to lose the weight, I watched my diet like a hawk. Everything was tracked. Junk food was gone, replaced by fruits and vegetables and healthy protein (lean meat, chicken). I also ran every single day. I started off slow, but eventually was running 5 miles a day, everyday.

Losing the weight was the best thing I have ever done for myself, but it wasn't easy. Like I said, it took a lot of determination. I had some really dark days (a battle with anorexia, now body dysmorphic disorder), but I am glad I had to go on the journey that I did. It taught me a lot about myself and was instrumental in making me the person I am today. I am much more confident than I ever was before and now know that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. That is a great feeling.

If I had to go back and do it all over again, I strongly recommend doing weight and cardio exercises together to lose weight. I focused all of my attention on cardio and ended up losing pretty much all muscle mass. I started weight lifting about two years ago and have spent a lot of time in the gym trying to tone up. The more muscle mass you have, the more calories you will burn throughout your normal day. Hit the weights.

If you want to lose weight, you really have to be committed to the cause. It is not easy and it takes a lot of work to get the results you expect. Creating your dream body is 90% diet. All the gym time in the world will mean nothing if you are still eating a whole pizza after work each day. Keep track of everything, and really work on eliminating junk food entirely. Fruits. Vegetables. Protein. If its processed and packaged, its probably not good for you. I love the website fitday.com. Its an awesome website that lets you track what you eat, your exercise and caloric intake. Best of all, its free.

Don't discount the benefits of a fitness club membership either. So many gyms are popping up with memberships as low as $10 a month. (Planet Fitness) Every single one of us can afford $10 a month. For me, I don't have enough motivation to work out at home. I've tried. I have to go to the gym, where I have no distractions and can only focus on working out. While at the gym, really push yourself to the limit. Read articles online to find new exercises and really push yourself to your limits. Make the most of your gym time. I see far to many people come in and sulk around from machine to machine with zero enthusiasm and motivation. Also, don't be afraid of free weights. Machines are fine to help you perfect your form, but your body will get more out of free weights.

My final piece of advise is to start slow. Don't expect to run three miles on your first day. Congratulate yourself if you can run half a mile on your first day. Slowly but surely, you will gain endurance and will be able to complete three miles with ease. Set realistic goals for yourself. Don't force yourself into losing x amount of pounds or running x amount of miles. I despise scales and haven't weighed myself in months. Pounds mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. Losing weight should be all about feeling better in your own skin. If I wasn't as fixated on a magic number while I was losing weight, I probably wouldn't have become anorexic.

All of that said, be kind to your mind. Don't give up if you don't work out for a week. Don't give up if you eat a whole pizza while out with friends. Just pick yourself up and keeping going. Remember, quitters never win and winners never quit. I give myself one cheat day a week where I can have that Dr. Pepper if a feel like it or eat that hamburger if I so chose. Choosing to eat right and exercise should never be a means to an end. It should be the beginning to a happy and fulfilling lifestyle.

“I can't imagine a person becoming a success who doesn't give this game of life everything he's got.” Walter Cronkite.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
100 lbs? Woah. your a god.

I'm 5'8" and 155lbs, so I'll sit this one out. I'll be resuming my workout routine soon though. the best of luck to you all.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I live on a gourmet food diet. It tastes amazing, but it's so expensive you don't dare eat more than a small portion. In the end, it's not what you eat, it's how much. The fattiest food in the world is fine, if it's the right amount. Though trans-fats are just poison.

The most important thing about going on a diet, imho, is getting the necessary vitamins. Chances are though, if your eating habits are poor enough that you need a diet, you aren't getting enough vitamins to begin with. Even obese people can be malnourished, because they are missing certain nutrients. Either way, take a multi-vitamin, and if you're not sure what to take (the options are bewildering), consult a doctor, nutritionist or other expert (be cautious about listening to salespeople though). Having the right nutrients makes you feel better, and in doing so helps you to keep your resolve.

Oh, and pretty much everyone from any northern country should take a vitamin D supplement. I read something like 60% of people in the USA/Canada are deficient, and recent studies have linked a childhood lack of vitamin D to MS. We just don't get enough sun is the problem, and sunscreen prevents your body from producing vitamin D. We're like plants, we make it from the sun, haha.

Although, myself, I'm trying to gain weight. I'm make Milan's models look fat. :(

Hans

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I should definitely be in on this.. I'm 6' 3" and weigh 260.. Three years ago I also was on the stomach virus diet and went from 270 down to 200 flat in about 3 weeks. awesome.

Slowly ballooned back up to about 250 last year, dieted successfully for two months and was back down to 235 before I again swelled back up to my current status.

My problem is the exercise bit.

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I weigh about 140. I'm about 5' 4". I really don't feel like weight loss quite yet. It will happen in the Summertime. I read a study that says if you add just one or two hours to your sleep, you will lose weight. Maybe some of you should try it?

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
started a lost 15 ib and that i really didn't need to lose and i can't get thinnner unless i exersiced like nuts.

dlt88

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I should definitely be in on this.. I'm 6' 3" and weigh 260.. Three years ago I also was on the stomach virus diet and went from 270 down to 200 flat in about 3 weeks. awesome.

Slowly ballooned back up to about 250 last year, dieted successfully for two months and was back down to 235 before I again swelled back up to my current status.

My problem is the exercise bit.
Ahh. I forgot to mention my hatred of the word "diet"....

When you begin a diet and you are not consuming your normal daily calories, your body goes into starvation mode, burning calories stored in muscle tissue to make up for the body fat it is holding on to to "keep you alive". Once you return to "non-diet" eating habits, the extra calories will be added straight to your current body fat. So, the diet actually works against you and you will end up with more weight than you actually started the diet with! A trainer friend of mine relates dieting to a television remote control. "Click your on a diet, click your off."

Deciding to lose weight has to be a lifestyle change or you will just revert right back to your old habits once it becomes "too hard". It will take some adjustment, as with every lifestyle change, but the benefits far outweigh any temporary side effects.

Now..don't even get me started on that NutraSystem crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.