ADISC.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew90

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I was just wondering, did the site creator make the name so obscure so that if someone looked at your browser window and the following conversation occured:

Person A: "Hey wussup"

You: "Hey..."

*alt-tab

Person B: "Watcha doing?"

You: "Not much, just surfing.. you know..."

That if nosy person A managed to "kind of" remember adisc.org, that he would screw it up in to adsci.org, or adcsi.org, or asdic.org...

hehehe... its much harder to remember than tbdl.org...

ANYWAYYYY just a thought ^.^ :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

snydead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
That's a great thought, I've been wondering the samething. ADISC to me at first sounded more like a business than being a TB website. Maybe the name is used to trick others thinking that it is a different website but not TB realated so that way there would be less risk on getting caught on a TB website. Just a guess.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
We needed a new name for the site due to some undisclosed reasons. Someone camed up with DISC = Diaper and Infantilism Support Community, and since that URL was already taken, we added the A. Et voilá - adisc.org was born.

As an added benefit, ADISC looks inconspicious rather than anything related to AB, TB or DL in the name. For all people know, it could be about computer hardware or music discs.

Peachy

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Adult Diaper and Infantilism Support Community?

Y

Yumi

Adult Baby [teen baby] Diaper [lover] Incontinence Support Community.

Hummm why not ABTBDLICSD xD LOL!!!! I'd never remember that.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well I for one (as an adult of 48) appreciate the inclusion of adults. The old TBDL shut me out and asked for more personal information than I was willing to give over the net to get back in. Call it anything you like, this is the BEST group of diaper enthusiasts I have met since the old “Wetville” forum.
Thanks to the owners. Mods and members here!

Nam

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I for one like this name a lot, as it is the most original diaper-related site name that I have ever seen, and helps if you ever have issues with someone looking at your screen or even your browser history if you forget to clear it.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I like the fact that it's .org as well... I'm sure most people, even if they could remember ADISC would try the .com, .net, .ca before they tried .org.

Lizzie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Adult Baby [teen baby] Diaper [lover] Incontinence Support Community.

Hummm why not ABTBDLICSD xD LOL!!!! I'd never remember that.
I vote we change it to that!! Haha jk. But that would be kinda funny

Delta

Contributor
Role
Private
You have to watch out. There's loads of people out there with great memories. A guy I know had no trouble remembering a long website address before which he had only glanced at for a second. He wanted to know what the site was about but I was in a "mind your own business" mood. I thought there was no way he'd remember it, but he did! -and even talked about it the next day after he had looked it up when he went home.

But most people have sense to look at sensitive stuff when no-one's around. I've had a few close calls with slow alt-tabbing from too many windows open in the background. Erk! :eek!:
Luckily these people weren't the sort to take out a notepad and write down the contents on your start bar.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
I like the fact that it's .org as well... I'm sure most people, even if they could remember ADISC would try the .com, .net, .ca before they tried .org.
Not necessarily. .org would be my second choice, after .com. Then .net. .ca probably wouldn't even occur to me..

But yeah, I like how discreet the name is! Although the site itself really isn't all that discreet.. If they see the home page then I guarantee you they won't forget this site.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I thought the name was changed from TBDL.org to ADISC.org, because Moo wanted more a more diverse audience. TBDL makes it sound like it's a site meant for teens. ADISC makes the average adult more tempted to join, I suppose.

Lizzie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Doesn't Moo explain it all in the "Anouncements and News" Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.