MatalicPebble

LP2Lily
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Sorry if this has been suggested already. I was thinking about if there was an Adisc Face book community for those who don't mind being open about being AB/DL. I am thinking about being open about it soon since almost everyone I know knows I like cartoons and ponies.

It would be cool if there was a FB community to talk about it. I understand if you turn this down because FB can be cruel. You would need to be prepared to make it a locked community. Christian bronies is a locked group I am in when there are few people who are allowed to join once in a blue moon. It would be work to get it going.

At the same time its an idea I thought I would post.

cgh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I can see a number of issues with this idea. The obvious one is that the majority of people aren't open about their little sides and prefer to remain 'in the nursery'. Facebook is a very public medium which doesn't serve that purpose. I doubt the demand exists for this to work.

A secondary problem is that creating this would effectively result in two different ADISC communities (the one here and the one on Facebook). Those who don't have Facebook, or don't want to join the group, may miss content that could be useful to them. We're weaker divided.

That said, thanks for sharing the idea. It's always good to have new suggestions. :thumbsup:

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
AB/DL groups have been on facebook. Most of the time they are invaded by people who are the worlds lowest form of life. I was in a Ab group on facebook and we ended up shutting the page down because of asinine people. Sorry but facebook is loaded with all kinds of creepy people. I have had my account there hacked into twice. I should say hacked onec and the other someone tried to long into my account that wasn't me. They couldn't log in because I do not log out.

This forum is just fine has it is . As stated before most of us don't want the world to now about our AB/DL side.

MattiKins

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I'm more open to being public about my ABDL side but I don't think Facebook is the medium for it. Even mainstream Facebook groups get trolled hard and overrun with cretins. It's not worth it when we already have a thriving community here. If one wants to be public on FB or start an AB group there, feel free, but I doubt doing so would serve ADISC's mission of support. I can't see the site lending their name to it unless it was a secret group, and wouldn't that defeat any chance of being more public?

Near

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Babyfur
I honestly don't think Facebook is a good medium. We don't host events and we don't really make announcements (and if we need to there's Twitter anyway). Just don't see the usefulness, to be honest.

MatalicPebble

LP2Lily
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Like I said I was just wondering. To be honest. I am glad I asked you guys. I was thinking about admitting to being AB without the DL. I think you guys answered my question very well. Twitter is a great idea. I will get my Twitter up and going again.

As I have said on ubuntu forums. I would be lost without you. Thanks

MattiKins

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I have around 600 Facebook friends, most of whom I know personally. A general announcement for me would be a bad idea... but I do have some FB friends that I've told.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
I was thinking about if there was an Adisc Face book community for those who don't mind being open about being AB/DL. I am thinking about being open about it soon since almost everyone I know knows I like cartoons and ponies.

Being open with the world about you being an AB/DL is a mistake.
If a potential employer finds out, it could cost you a job.
Yes, ideally what you do with other consenting adults in your own bedroom shouldn't matter to your employer - but unfortunately, some people do still discriminate.

Using FB for AB/DL stuff (ANY AB/DL stuff, not just ADISC) is also a mistake.
The use of real names opens everyone involved to invasions of privacy.
Even if you trust your friends, what happens if their account gets hacked, their "friend" gets on their FB, someone makes a mistake with their privacy settings, etc.
All it takes is one bad apple in this "secret" group, and suddenly all your AB/DL posts become associated with your real name in the eyes of Google and all its users.
To put it bluntly, you shouldn't be doing anything on FB you wouldn't be happy to publish under your real name in a national newspaper - because that is how public and permanent it is.

On a separate note, the willingness of AB/DLs to use FB at all continues to amaze me.
FB is making a very deliberate effort to remove any expectations you have of privacy on the net, and replace them with the norm that everything you say online is linked to your real-life ID.
They are the tip of the spear pushing for this sort of "real names required everywhere" policy. Everyone, even big companies like Google, are following their lead.
To be blunt, as members of a minority group, we have a great deal to lose from this, and I'm very surprised that AB/DLs are so willing to use FB at all.
It isn't just us: there are a ton of people with a huge amount to lose from the way FB is acting. Here are some examples.

Bottom line: we're never going to have a presence on FB, I think anyone doing AB/DL stuff on FB needs to get their head examined, and ultimately, I'd discourage everyone here from using FB at all, given their deliberate efforts to erode privacy on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.