adding sd card hoping to get the 128g one I bought last week-- android software or hardware?

LittleSissieJolie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
My phones are now rooted. I'm peeking under every part of the software one by one... especially anything starting with /. by transferring them to a usb stick THEN work them through. open them in a 'sandbox'. But, neat little 128g sd card is of great value IF it can be recognized by the card reader. Further, Walmart has a 256g under a hundred bux and Amazon has a 512. As I learned to express it in my long ago childhood "Neat-o Torpedo!" (doesn't need to make sense, just has to rhyme) And it would be great to work with it. It's an awesome processor, that ARM, ... and people use it to throw birds at pigs. But I digress... to the best of my knowledge the card reader in the phone is the same model in my laptop. When I was a kid all of this was beyond SciFi. Nobody used the term SciFi yet. Computers had vacuum tubes and the cooling unit was bigger than my school... now is MY time to forge ahead (which isn't the same as forging a head...) (and a spell checker isn't the same as a hex editor) Anyhow, if you know the answer, hopefully with an .apk or three, meanwhile I'll look elsewhere as well.

So... what's the question?

Also, it's been a while since I used it, but wouldn't it be easier to use ADB (Android Debug Bridge) over USB rather than moving files around on flash memory?

Hang on... are you asking how to find out which capacity SD cards are going to be compatible with both your phone and PC card-reader?

I think compatibility is based on the capacity standard of the card reader. Have a look at the instruction manual for your phone and card reader. They probably say something like, "supports SD and SDHC cards", which will mean any card up to 32GB.

SDSC (aka SD)SD Standard Capacity<=2GB
SDHCSD High Capacity>2GB to 32GB
SDXCSD Extended Capacity>32GB to 2TB
SDUCSD Ultra Capacity>2TB to 128TB

Another important thing to check is the speed class, which indicates the minimum read/write data speeds of the card:

Oh -- and if you want to try using ADB to connect your phone's storage to your PC (either via USB cable or wi-fi) then this quick guide should help. It's for LineageOS users (custom Android firmware), but I think it works the same way with the stock OS.

cool so far... my ultimate goal on this is to create a Beowulf Cluster mostly over wi-fi and bluetooth. The apk for it might already be packed, if not it's a quick unpack-repack, there's a Debian distro named ABC... Automated Beowulf Cluster and the .iso of it would fit on a CD. and I downloaded an .apk where the app does exactly that. unpack .iso and repack it with .apk. The .iso is smaller than the Little Debi one.

My perspective of it is not so much a phone but super (compared to, say, the first ten big box desktops combined) processor, and there's a place here in town selling 'obsolete' phones on the cheap. Make a rack server or several that would fit into a chest freezer.13 years ago I salvaged a 15 drives server, SCSI each was under a gigabyte and the processor was a i386. And talk about cooling units, I thought it was going to burn.

There's a lot of new(ish) applications just waiting on processors. There's a wireless bluetooth 'contact' pad like for a TENS unit, EKG or Biofeedback (and the basic hardware is essentially the same) I could (except financially) do a Biofeedback session at $100 apiece, A lot of autism on this forum. The other babies probably have some experience with that. And I've come across BFB softwares packed as .apk There's an App for that. If I want to map just the pineal gland I'll be able to do it. Thus my snark about people using hand-held supercomputers or at least nodes and using all that data to throw birds at pigs. I can cope with the minimal settings, And play some games as well. The high end at Wally World is half a TB on one sd card. that's the same capacity as my hard drive.

Then there's quantum math... Yea, I know you want it... everybody does. Me too.
The 128 works great in the laptop, an inspiron 15 3537 I'm going to find out what's possible before my next purchase.

What held be down finding how to root was I looked exactly 180 degrees from where I was supposed to look. I tried to get the information from vendors, Alcatel and Google are the worst

Any SD for android is going to be compatible with any PC. Apple, not so much. A few years ago I rooted my Galaxy 2 with a whole new OS, disabled a TON of "default" crap programs and updater apps, and sped it up to modern standards. Sadly it is comparatively slow again, and I REALLY want to upgrade. More sadly, there are no android phones currently supported by my carrier (T-mobile) which are also NOT phablets (phone-tablet). All modern phones are too big! So I keep limping along and hoping for an actual smartphone to be released instead of these phablets. Might have to switch to apple, but gods they burned me badly once. Not ready to be twice fooled.

Samsung debuted a 1200 dollar offering that has a foldable screen. But it's having problems. Right now I'm drinking coffee, my simmering shimmering liquid armor but I have to get the command line sequence to write the partition as exFat. Figures, the one offering to my phones from Microsux would be one that is patented, copyrighted and foisted onto the SD establishment

Why do you want to use exFAT?

I'd be using ext4 for the system partition. And maybe a FAT32 one too if you really need to use the SD card in different devices.

Last edited:
Back