Actually saw someone wearing

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
For the first time ever I saw an elderly lady with the unmistakable outline of a large nappy under her very tight leggings, Watching the way her husband was helping her I would think she had Alzheimers.

Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny, Blekyss and 5 others
PCBaby said:
For the first time ever I saw an elderly lady with the unmistakable outline of a large nappy under her very tight leggings, Watching the way her husband was helping her I would think she had Alzheimers.

Sadly IC both ways and total is one of the many things that comes at the later stages of Alzheimers. Or indeed any dementia . Im sad to say my mom has been on them for a few years now as well :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny, Angelapinks and 5 others
PCBaby said:
I saw something very similar last week at a coffee shop. An elderly but quite spry lady had leggings on that did absolutely nothing to hide her diaper. I had to remind myself to stop staring, didn't want to be rude doncha know. She had Sketchers sneakers on too, it made for an unusual but not unpleasant (to a fellow diaper wearer) sight.

Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny, Blekyss and 6 others
I don't wanna derail the thread too far but I will be glad when this leggings fad is over. I have seen way too much of way too many people that I really did not want to see, pull ups and other incontinence aids included. Though I will say as more form fitting clothing has become popular it has become obvious that a few more people than one might think both male and female are wearing some type of protection.

Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny, Jr2012 and 4 others
I wonder what would posess somebody to wear leggings over a diaper? Although nobody should feel ashamed of incontinence, most people still view it as a deeply personal matter that they don't want to share with the world.

Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny, Jr2012 and 4 others
KenworthW900b said:
I don't wanna derail the thread too far but I will be glad when this leggings fad is over.

Sorry to say, but I do not think leggings are going anywhere anytime soon.
I would dare say that leggings have become the new jeans.
*Although, do not get me started on the whole "Jeggings" thing..... ugh.

I see far more girls/women of all ages wearing them much more often then jeans these days.
And yes, despite the whole Are they / Are they Not really pants debate they are quite comfy.
I personally prefer the slightly looser fit of Yoga pants and "mostly" (lol) leave leggings for under skirts/dresses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny, Jr2012 and 1 other person
Thinking I may get some ab leggings to wear over my diaper this sounds like a great idea
Maybe a mini skirt would look cool

Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny, ARBBB2 and 1 other person
ltaluv said:
I wonder what would posess somebody to wear leggings over a diaper? Although nobody should feel ashamed of incontinence, most people still view it as a deeply personal matter that they don't want to share with the world.
I gave up really caring who knows about it long ago (like way before high school) - but also have never gone out of my way to make it obvious - with possibly two exception, and they involved a Halloween costume.

Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny and Jr2012
Thee is a lady in out town who wears leggings over a very obvious thick nappy I have seen her a few times and she seems oblivious to the fact her nappy is so obvious to anyone looking.

Reactions: Diprs2, StarWars7, Blekyss and 2 others
ST50 said:
Thee is a lady in out town who wears leggings over a very obvious thick nappy I have seen her a few times and she seems oblivious to the fact her nappy is so obvious to anyone looking.
What sort of age is she?

It does surprise me that adult women would wear something that so clearly shows off their nappy, or that carers, where applicable, would dress them that way... never had the pleasure of such an obvious sighting myself, though have suspected it on occasions.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jr2012
ltaluv said:

Some people don't care what others think. I find that admirable, though admittedly, I am not one of those people .

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Jr2012, Peanutbutter16 and 2 others
I'd like someone who wears leggings with diapers to chime in . Does it help keep the diaper snug and prevent leaks like a onesie does? It's very obvious so I can only imagine that someone wearing these know that and aren't bothered by it.

Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny, Jr2012 and 1 other person
As I pointed out in the original post, judging by the way her husband was helping and supporting her, she almost certainly had Alzheimers and she may have not been resposible for chooding what she wore. It may be that if he changes her, he chooses clothes that are easy to put on and remove.

Reactions: Diprs2, TeddyBunny and Jr2012
I was in Asda in Trowbridge a few years back and there was an elderly lady wandering around doing her shop and it was so obvious that she was wearing a heavily soiled nappy - it was like a legging clad balloon on her backside!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jk95
PCBaby said:
As I pointed out in the original post, judging by the way her husband was helping and supporting her, she almost certainly had Alzheimers and she may have not been resposible for chooding what she wore. It may be that if he changes her, he chooses clothes that are easy to put on and remove.

Yes - I would imagine that the choice was made for her. On the other hand, if she was about 60 rather than about 80, she may be from a generation that would have worn leggings as a top layer and may be less than conscious of how others see her if she has dementia.

However, convenience grooming and dressing of disabled people by carers is certainly a thing. I recall seeing a French documentary about an autistic woman who was institutionalised for a long period after her family life broke down, and it showed her with hair cut like a boy's and in a shapeless dress. Not at all how she looked before she was locked up; she dressed and wore her hair like other women her age.

• Sad
Saw someone this morning

It was me, looking in the mirror. Sorry, couldn’t resist the obvious joke potential.

Why do we look? Is it affirming we are not the only one having to wear diapers beyond infancy? To fashion compare? Or what?

As someone who has worn leggings and is IC:

It does help keep them from sagging so long as the leggings are not too tight. Then they'll squeeze them like a lemon and make them leak.

I wear leggings under my skirts because...

Wait for it...

Wait for it....

Almost....

I swear this is gonna blow your minds...

I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE STARING AT ME.

I'm extremely self-conscious about being leered at. If I get the vibes that someone is 'creeping', I will try to leave the area as soon as possible if not right away. To the point that I have left places without getting what I came there for and am 'off' the rest of the day because of it.

I don't personally understand why people who wear diapers and say there's no shame in it go and stare at people going about their business to see if they can spot them. It's just...I dunno. You wanna stare at diapers, stare at your own in the mirror. XD

Reactions: Diprs2, Jr2012, Peanutbutter16 and 2 others
I attend a NHS day centre for people with intellectual disabilities and we have a person who is incontinent who also attends, she wears legging and obviously wearing a nappy. I don't pay attention to it. I have seen many people with ID in day centres and inpatient hospitals wear nappies. I wear nappies. In the bathroom she has her supples which are Tena Bariatric Super XXL. Also in the bathroom is a wardrobe with clients extra clothing in case they have accidents, loads of skin cleaning foam and drywips plus yellow clinical waste bins. I use the clinical waste bins when I change my nappy.

I do also buy the same skin cleaning foam that the NHS use called Clinisan Emollient skin cleaning foam, its brilliant for nappy rash, it also smells very clinical. I like using it - although I'm very discreet when wearing my nappies even in hospital and day centre when I've changed the smell of the skin foam makes it obvious I've just changed my nappy, although nobody has ever said anything too me. They know I wear ''pads''... My support staff even bring me my pads when I'm impatient in hospital. It really isn't a big deal wearing nappies, especially to support workers or care staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Jr2012 and SpartanDL
ltaluv said:
I often wear leggings over a thin diaper (definitely not a thick one) but i keep my shirts long enough to cover my rear. Why leggings? Because they're a stretchy, functional, comfortable pant.

Reactions: Diprs2, EmX, Jr2012 and 2 others
daylight said:
Why do we look? Is it affirming we are not the only one having to wear diapers beyond infancy? To fashion compare? Or what?
Well, a lot of us just have a fascination with the whole idea of adults wearing nappies. We can’t help it, as long as you’re discreet about it I don’t think it’s a problem really.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Diapercutie, Jr2012 and 4 others
Back