Actually saw someone wearing

sport1 said:
My wife has done the same for me.I sometimes let my shirt slip up exposing my diaper without knowing it.
My wife has also done the same for me and even has told me discreetly that i probably need to go change or am having a bit of a leakšŸ˜Ž

Reactions: Diprs2 and sport1
Jr2012 said:
My wife has also done the same for me and even has told me discreetly that i probably need to go change or am having a bit of a leakšŸ˜Ž
That has also happen to me.

Reactions: Jr2012
Babybear2006 said:
I was at a friend's house several months ago. My friend has down syndrome and I've known him since we were kids in school. His shirt had ridden up his back exposing his pullup so I went behind him and pulled down his shirt to hide his diaper. I told him that I also needed diapers at night

What did your friend with Down Syndrome think about you wearing diapers? šŸ˜±šŸ˜ My guess is that he was more accepting of you wearing a diaper than other people ("normal" people with no disabilities) would typically be, although I guess it depends. I feel that the more higher functioning Autistic people judge me and the ones with moderate to severe Autism all the time. I don't even wear diapers and I've been called all sorts of names. I do have quite a few childlike interests, but I would really have to say, that's because of my Autism. Autistic people are also bullied a lot more than those with Down Syndrome. Believe me, I know. We had a Special Day class in our high school and I knew several people with Down Syndrome. There have been many times during days I've had that were difficult where I wished I had Down Syndrome much more than Autism. Hell, even my psychologist from high school said she'd rather have Down Syndrome than my type of Classic Autism. (She passed away from cancer at age 56, in 2017, sadly). My mom agrees actually, but she said it would be like a "fool's happiness", implying that I'd be happy because I didn't know better. But that isn't true either....I had a good friend in high school with Down Syndrome, and she was smart in certain ways, and much more perceptive. On the other hand, I know nonautistic normal 4 year olds who are more mature than me, and my nephews who are 6 and 10 years old are definitely more mature than me. My parents even think that, and my relatives, even my friends and former college professors. I always wondered if any former college professors ever thought if they were babysitting me more than teaching me things they thought that I likely didn't comprehend. I've also experienced a lot more bullying than I ever seen happen to those with Down Syndrome. Probably because they don't lack social skills and actually have great social skills unlike those with Autism. And they are "cute" looking. Down Syndrome neotenizes the body, as does pituitary dwarfism (a separate thing). Down Syndrome adults are "cute". Autistic kids are cute too sometimes, but Autistic adults like me, not cute at all. When most people think of Autism, they think of a child. There is not that much research into adults with Autism. As if like they stay children forever. That would be fine with me, if that were really true, since I do act like a 4 1/2 year old emotionally and socially anyway. But unfortunately, we do grow up - physically, at least. Also unlike Down Syndrome, Autism tends to be an invisible disability and so people tend to not understand why we act a certain way or act like a child by the time we are adults chronologically. Some Autistic people do have it a little better if they are smaller or shorter. In people's eyes, they think people should act how they look. That is unfair. Even with children. Why should a 1 year old baby be expected to act like a 3 year old, just because he is big and looks more like a 3 year old even though the baby is really a 1 year old?

What would have been justice would be if I had been a proportional pituitary dwarf that was the size of a preschooler and looked like one, then I'd totally be acting like my age. And society would be more accepting and lower their expectations of me to how I really act. For me being almost 6 feet tall has been a nightmare. If I was 3 feet 4 inches tall and weighed 40 pounds and actually looked like a 4 year old, that's actually less disabling than how tall I am now. Most people would view dwarfism as a disability, and I probably would too if I was "normal" and not Autistic, but with my problems in relation to my Autism, being a proportional pituitary dwarf that looks like a child would have actually been a blessing.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and bobbilly
longallsboy said:
What did your friend with Down Syndrome think about you wearing diapers? šŸ˜±šŸ˜ My guess is that he was more accepting of you wearing a diaper than other people ("normal" people with no disabilities) would typically be, although I guess it depends. I feel that the more higher functioning Autistic people judge me and the ones with moderate to severe Autism all the time. I don't even wear diapers and I've been called all sorts of names. I do have quite a few childlike interests, but I would really have to say, that's because of my Autism. Autistic people are also bullied a lot more than those with Down Syndrome. Believe me, I know. We had a Special Day class in our high school and I knew several people with Down Syndrome. There have been many times during days I've had that were difficult where I wished I had Down Syndrome much more than Autism. Hell, even my psychologist from high school said she'd rather have Down Syndrome than my type of Classic Autism. (She passed away from cancer at age 56, in 2017, sadly). My mom agrees actually, but she said it would be like a "fool's happiness", implying that I'd be happy because I didn't know better. But that isn't true either....I had a good friend in high school with Down Syndrome, and she was smart in certain ways, and much more perceptive. On the other hand, I know nonautistic normal 4 year olds who are more mature than me, and my nephews who are 6 and 10 years old are definitely more mature than me. My parents even think that, and my relatives, even my friends and former college professors. I always wondered if any former college professors ever thought if they were babysitting me more than teaching me things they thought that I likely didn't comprehend. I've also experienced a lot more bullying than I ever seen happen to those with Down Syndrome. Probably because they don't lack social skills and actually have great social skills unlike those with Autism. And they are "cute" looking. Down Syndrome neotenizes the body, as does pituitary dwarfism (a separate thing). Down Syndrome adults are "cute". Autistic kids are cute too sometimes, but Autistic adults like me, not cute at all. When most people think of Autism, they think of a child. There is not that much research into adults with Autism. As if like they stay children forever. That would be fine with me, if that were really true, since I do act like a 4 1/2 year old emotionally and socially anyway. But unfortunately, we do grow up - physically, at least. Also unlike Down Syndrome, Autism tends to be an invisible disability and so people tend to not understand why we act a certain way or act like a child by the time we are adults chronologically. Some Autistic people do have it a little better if they are smaller or shorter. In people's eyes, they think people should act how they look. That is unfair. Even with children. Why should a 1 year old baby be expected to act like a 3 year old, just because he is big and looks more like a 3 year old even though the baby is really a 1 year old?

What would have been justice would be if I had been a proportional pituitary dwarf that was the size of a preschooler and looked like one, then I'd totally be acting like my age. And society would be more accepting and lower their expectations of me to how I really act. For me being almost 6 feet tall has been a nightmare. If I was 3 feet 4 inches tall and weighed 40 pounds and actually looked like a 4 year old, that's actually less disabling than how tall I am now. Most people would view dwarfism as a disability, and I probably would too if I was "normal" and not Autistic, but with my problems in relation to my Autism, being a proportional pituitary dwarf that looks like a child would have actually been a blessing.

- longallsboy

I really like your post. Iā€™ve got mild intellectual disabilities. I sometimes wish I was more intellectual disabled than I am. I donā€™t want to understand the world around me. I would love ā€œ fools happinessā€.

When I was in foster care aged 10 the less able and more disabled kids at my home got all the love and attention for having their disabilities from the care givers, I got nothing, I have always wanted to like them.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Blekyss and longallsboy
bobbilly said:
I really like your post. Iā€™ve got mild intellectual disabilities. I sometimes wish I was more intellectual disabled than I am. I donā€™t want to understand the world around me. I would love ā€œ fools happinessā€.

When I was in foster care aged 10 the less able and more disabled kids at my home got all the love and attention for having their disabilities from the care givers, I got nothing, I have always wanted to like them.

In my viewpoint, the way I've seen other Autistic adults treated, Autistic people are very likely the most misunderstood and mistreated minority there is on the face of the planet. And by minority, I mean even including criminals. The unemployment rate is sky high (85%) and even with a college degree it is almost nearly as high, according to many multiple statistics I have seen. It's a sad existence. Statistically, the suicide attempt rate is high too. I didn't say this personally on my own. Statistics have shown this. I regret that I even went to college and got a degree, because no matter what, I ended up unemployable. Why did I try hard when it led to nowhere? My elementary school tried to retain me in kindergarten an extra year, because I was causing problems with my poor attention span and behavior not sitting still and being "disruptive". I'm slightly surprised that they didn't suggest to send me back to private preschool. Oddly, I never had problems in nursery school - my preschool teachers never complained about me. But I guess a seemingly fairly well behaved 3 year old in nursery school that doesn't pay attention (but isn't aggressive or stops a teacher from teaching) is different from a 6 year old doing the same thing. At that age (6 years old), that same behavior becomes a disciplinary problem. I'm sure you've heard of the term "poster child", right? Like a lawmaker saying "He is the poster child of why we need the death penalty"... Well, I'm probably the poster child of someone who should have stayed in preschool forever. I never apparently have ever changed. My 5th grade teacher and my old community college math instructor had the exact same issues with me. I realized this when both of them had lunch with me one day in 2018 at a Chinese restaurant and said exactly the same thing about me to each other. I wonder if my kindergarten teacher would have said the same thing too...hmmmm...

Even being a 3 or 4 year old is much better than my current existence. Or being the size of one and looking like one. And I'd even rather get smacked on my rear with an open hand by my mom (if I were a 3 year old) rather than get abused and treated horribly by some bullies online and in the real world. There would be so many advantages out of being little, that I don't have. My body grew but my mind didn't, apparently. Even then, I easily look like I'm in my early 20s than mid 40s. I look like nothing my age. Age recognition software would put me in my early to mid 20s. I look young, but unfortunately 22 is still an adult supposedly.

People do treat little people more like children. It's what they see. Like I said even like expecting 3 year old behavior from a big 1 year old baby. I don't have many adult rights, but now I don't have children's rights either. My nonautistic brother says I have less rights than my 6 and 10 year old nephews (his sons).

If I knew I was going to end up like this and could see my future, like a crystal ball, I would have definitely found a way to make myself stay little - maybe through growth attenuation. Incidentally, Carters' Childrenswear (who makes those famous sleepers with feet) has had a phone number that was 1-888-STAY-LITTLE for many years and I believe that is still their number now. Their motto was always "If they could stay little till their Carters wear out". Maybe they, as a company, had an unconscious wish that children would stay children forever. My mom said that is also probably because when children grow up, they lose their customers. The sleepers are cute and were even made up to size 16 (that size is like for high school age).

Although actually sleepers, while cute, is nothing compared to some of the one piece long-alls and jon jons (dressy overalls that look more like jumpers) that a lot of little boys wear in the Deep South, like Alabama and South Carolina, sometimes even with T strap Mary Jane shoes. How freakin' adorable... šŸ’œšŸ’œThose types of outfits are not cheap either. You're talking about $55-75 new, when bought at children's clothing boutiques in the South. And T strap buckle leather shoes aren't cheap either, not at all.

I would love it if I could still get held by my mom like when I was 3 years old or 5 years old. I miss that. I'm too big now at nearly 6 feet tall. My mom never actually yelled at me or spanked me at age 3 or 4. šŸ’œ Actually I remember even when I was 8 years old, some of my friends would give me piggyback rides. I remember this 11 year old boy from another Catholic school (I went to Catholic school from 6th to the end of 8th grade) at Science Camp in 6th grade giving me piggyback rides too, bless his heart. Funny part is I didn't suggest him to do it, he wanted to do it. Of course, I weighed around 80 pounds then. I'm now 180 pounds.

Here's one of the most adorable Carters TV commercials I've ever seen, from the mid to late 1970s. Keep in mind when the commercial was aired, I was likely an actual toddler chronologically myself. This commercial melts your heart.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
Babybear2006 said:
I was at a friend's house several months ago. My friend has down syndrome and I've known him since we were kids in school. His shirt had ridden up his back exposing his pullup so I went behind him and pulled down his shirt to hide his diaper. I told him that I also needed diapers at night
That was really nice of you. I don't have down syndrome but having autism with dd still have a lot of problems so again thinks.

Reactions: Diprs2, Babybear2006 and longallsboy
Only time I could ever say it was unmistakeable outside of when hanging with furs was a sales rep at a sears who was in a scooter eons ago.

Reactions: sport1
willnotwill said:
I worked in hospitals and as a paramedic. I've come across them more than a few times. I've come across about three other times in my life I've known someone else was wearing.
Was everyone in a pull-up style? Or were there tab style? As as a DL I worry about an emergency situation and paramedics seeing.

Reactions: Diprs2
bobbilly said:
I attend a NHS day centre for people with intellectual disabilities and we have a person who is incontinent who also attends, she wears legging and obviously wearing a nappy. I don't pay attention to it. I have seen many people with ID in day centres and inpatient hospitals wear nappies. I wear nappies. In the bathroom she has her supples which are Tena Bariatric Super XXL. Also in the bathroom is a wardrobe with clients extra clothing in case they have accidents, loads of skin cleaning foam and drywips plus yellow clinical waste bins. I use the clinical waste bins when I change my nappy.

I do also buy the same skin cleaning foam that the NHS use called Clinisan Emollient skin cleaning foam, its brilliant for nappy rash, it also smells very clinical. I like using it - although I'm very discreet when wearing my nappies even in hospital and day centre when I've changed the smell of the skin foam makes it obvious I've just changed my nappy, although nobody has ever said anything too me. They know I wear ''pads''... My support staff even bring me my pads when I'm impatient in hospital. It really isn't a big deal wearing nappies, especially to support workers or care staff.
I may get a job in that field. I also wear nappies.

Reactions: bobbilly
Back